It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Right Now UK 21.15PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
my housemate just shouted me outside to have a look at the moon as there was something strange about it..

I nipped outside and whooaa, a huge ring aroung the moon, perfect circle.

The moon was directly above me and looking at i joked to the mate that it was probably a mothership from V right above us cloked with the moon reflecting off it. No kidding thats what it looked like with the moon directly in the centre..

Its still there, go out and have a look if your in the UK.

Update: just been it for another look its still there... light covering of cloud all over with a perfect circle i would say at least 1000ft accross straight up to the moon from where im viewing it.. My mate says it reminds him of the eye of a storm.

no wind here at the moment though quite frosty.

I for one have never seen this before and i have been skywatching for at least 20 years.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by zeetroyman]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Most likely a Halo.
It's a common occurance caused by ice crystals

Did it look like this?
Link

[edit on 5-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yep violet looked exactly like that tough the cloud cover its total outwith the circle which is perfectly clear..

Its a huge circle..

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
yep violet looked exactly like that tough the cloud cover its total outwith the circle which is perfectly clear..

Its a huge circle..

Yes the circle can be very large.
I've seen this a number of times.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
we got that here in southern California...they're just ice crystals reflecting the moon's light. You sometimes get them on a very clear sunny cold day.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
cheers for the quick responses guys.

Secretly i was hoping it was the mothership cloaked above my house ready to take me away, but alas it was not.

Still a very cool thing to see, i hope others in the uk can see it also..

One site says its a warning that a severe storm is on the way with the number of stars in the circle determining the number of days before the storm.. Well theres 1 in mines so ive got one day to buy the supplies and baton the hatches

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I went to take a look almost as soon as you posted, but it wasn't visible at all, it's only just come out a little from below clouds here, but not enough to see any ring. I'm in the south east.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
or a more popular explanation:

----It is caused by spraying massive amounts of chemicals in our atmosphere for whatever reason. Yes, chemtrails.

Seen exactly the same here at times where there can be no ice crystals in the lower atmosphere due to the climate...

link   
apologies Baron, forgot to post my location..

Im 15 miles east of Edinburgh.

link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Can't see the moon from where I am right now, but I have seen this before, only once, about two years ago.

It really is quite rare for people to see or notice it. Well done.

It is a beautiful thing to see.

link   
apologies Baron, forgot to post my location..

Im 15 miles east of Edinburgh.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ice crystals seems a fair explanation, and more likely that 'chemtrails', at least for my location, we still have settled snow and sub zero temperatures.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
or a more popular explanation:

----It is caused by spraying massive amounts of chemicals in our atmosphere for whatever reason. Yes, chemtrails.

Seen exactly the same here at times where there can be no ice crystals in the lower atmosphere due to the climate...

Well if you live in an area like me which is tropical with high humidity you can still get the halo effect, not as dramatic, but I have seen lower level halo's and there wasn't any chentrails being sprayed.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Secretly i was hoping it was the mothership cloaked above my house ready to take me away, but alas it was not.

Down here in Plymouth I could have a 1,000 meter long mother ship hovering 50 meters over my head and never know a thing - It's raining that hard, in fact so hard I'm not gonna bother walking the half mile to the pub.

new topics

top topics

join