It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you born "dirty" or created in the image of God?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin." So which is it? We pay for Adam's 'sin" or not?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

We are made in the image of Adam, Adam was made in the image of God. Its simple really, did God himself make you? Or did another man make you? Yes, you are born a sinner, or as you like to call yourself, dirty. As you can see VERY clearly from the Bible, we are made after Adam's image:

GENESIS 5:3
"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his IMAGE; and called his name Seth:"

So who is the image of God now?

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the IMAGE of God, should shine unto them."

COLOSSIANS 1:12-15
"12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the IMAGE of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:"

So Jesus is the image of God, and I am as well since I believe on him and he has made me a new man. I have regained the image of God that Adam lost simply by trusting in Jesus Christ and his perfect life, death, and resurrection. Easy no?

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join