It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were you born "dirty" or created in the image of God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
It is time to put you on ignore badmedia ....just stop with the victim stuff ..
It is not me putting myself there ..but you putting me there ....and I for one am sick of it .............I am wiping the dust off my feet with you ....you sound just like my ex husbands ...and I walked away from them for the same reasons ....

I am merely stating my opinions of how I see things when I post ...I do not go all out there in saying I KNOW everything ......you on the other hand think you do ...so be it ....I dont need to hear anymore of how wonderful and how enlightened you are .........it matters not to me ..I do not have to live with you (Thank GOD) ..................

As of now do not respond to my posts please because I wont be able to see your response .........

Well, that's your choice. But I surely do not understand you at all. In 1 post you are talking about how you truly know things, and then doubt that I am born anew, and so on. And then in the next you tell me you are "pee brained", and that you are not as "intelligent" as me, and that you know nothing, and that I am putting myself above you. You are not pee brained, you are intelligent.

As this topic is the discussion of, you are created in the image of god, and so you should let it shine. If you are dirty, then it is only because you are not allowing it to shine, like a mud covered light bulb.

Reminds me of this:

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
While everyone argues over scriptures I want to say....no one is born dirty.

The environment, everything you see outside of you, can make one convinced that surely we have done something wrong....because we experience pain and suffering and evil hearts...but it just simply is meant to be this way. A soul can not grow without understanding the difference of divine and material, light and dark. We wernt meant to stay in a garden...we are meant to be more and for this to happen, we must discern the light from the dark...even though they are both a part of the divine way, serving a purpose for the other...the yin and the yang are meant to be.

The story of the garden is symbolism of a time when the vibrations changed here, and this will happen again...and the story of Noah is another marker of change in the vibrations.

To think all of this world is the result of Eve eating a fruit is only symbolic of a porthole of change....it was all meant to be and is playing out exactly as it should....there are no mistakes.

We are loved beyond measure and always have been. This is a process and a cycle....this is the order and this is the image we are made in....a image of order and cycling of emanation.

Since there are no mistakes....then all of what we see as bad will cycle through and good will come out of it. Even if the Earth is practically destroyed again, it is and will be a part of the cycle and good will come forth shining in some way to help the vibrations of light and sound to keep cycling.

I wonder why we dont blame God or satan today for starving children, tsunamis, hurricane, droughts.....why do we only do that with ancient tales....the only reason man did this was because it is natural to blame something when we cant explain why nature does these things.

Why does so many need God to act in supernatural ways? Why cant the order be explainable just because it is a part of natures cycles?

We are spirit in matter....and we know this before we come into matter....we relearn everything when we leave matter and we become a part of the cycle again unless our vibration has truly reached the divine vibration which is why I believe in the words...few are chosen. The majority vibrations are not ready, and it always happens this way....I think monks are the closest example of being a true humble vibration that might be ready for such a thing....the others recycle, to receive more wisdom of understanding and love or to aid in the process of the order.

God is like the air, water and fire....its a order, a cycle, a process, a function. Thee does not need to intervene....to kill babies....to warn us of a burning hell.....the stories aid us in seeing our past and learning from our past....but I feel people need to be more careful in thinking we are this doomed horrid stock of a species that is fallen and dirty.

You are loved beyond measure, this love is unconditional love...it never stops....it is the vibration that runs through your blood and gives you life....one day we will all know this. Until then, a simple humble heart and a life lived for others will take you far.

Peace to all,
LV

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Mans inventions has done some good but it has been our worst nightmare as well ............(More so than good) ...............

You misunderstand, once again, because you assume the genesis of man is an idea of the true God gone bad. Man is an engine of destruction in the imagination of a self-sabotaging emotional wreck. It's time to own up to responsibility, or forever succumb to self-sabotage. The books you quote are principally ego generated, channeled through man. They provide a basis for attack, and are used to self-sabotage whenever interpereted by the ego through your persona. Try again.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Deaf Alien:

I was made special!

Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know full well, My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them come to be."

We are not made dirty. We are fearfully and wonderfully made

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Sorry, but you made accusations towards people, not to a book. I do not consider myself a Christian and don't hold back about the faults of the church, but there is a difference in giving reasons which can be debated and understood and just calling people names.

Your posts will end up being deleted if you keep doing it. Happens all the time.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by badmedia]

RITALIN.

OK, the entire Christian religion is a farce, a scam, a hoax. Therefore, christians are all either willing charlatans or unwilling ignorant followers. You pick which you are.

I was not accusing anyone of anything. I used a term that you do not like me using to describe someone or a group. There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!

If you were truly Luciferdescending, you would support the perveyors of the gospel of guilt, ie. simplynoone. So I don't think you are truly a hell's angel.

Christ!

Well, no and no. Saying you must believe God's gospel to be a satanist is akin to calling a plumber when you have electrical problems. Who might know more about being a satanist, a satanist or a christian? I would call the electrician but that is just me. No, I am not a hell's angel. I thought the pic was really cool though and I am not a christian so what the heck. The thing is, you talk so much about first hearings. What about people who spent decades listening and believing and somehow now know better? I completely fail to fall into the category of people who first read or heard the gospel.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If you were truly Luciferdescending, you would support the perveyors of the gospel of guilt, ie. simplynoone. So I don't think you are truly a hell's angel.

Christ!

Well, no and no. Saying you must believe God's gospel to be a satanist is akin to calling a plumber when you have electrical problems. Who might know more about being a satanist, a satanist or a christian? I would call the electrician but that is just me. No, I am not a hell's angel. I thought the pic was really cool though and I am not a christian so what the heck. The thing is, you talk so much about first hearings. What about people who spent decades listening and believing and somehow now know better? I completely fail to fall into the category of people who first read or heard the gospel.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

Christ!

You have heard what I call the gospel of guilt.
This is the most prevalent version.
It is ubiquitous among what is called "christian".
The gospel of guilt is akin to damnation.
The gospel of guilt damns all to hell.
Understand, hell is a kind of salvation from the truth.
The gospel of guilt saves the guilty for what guilt gives:
Differences, separation, unique talents, special status, comparison, and heirarchy.
These are all gifts of hell.

You have not likely heard the gospel of innocence.
The gospel of innocence is biblically crucified.
The gospel of innocence is what Jesus preached..."to those in hell".

Christ!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

OK, the entire Christian religion is a farce, a scam, a hoax. Therefore, christians are all either willing charlatans or unwilling ignorant followers.

This statement is incorrect and am sorry you've come to this false conclusion. May the road of life shed light on the topic for you without the painful trials some of us have had to endure to discover the truth.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

OK, the entire Christian religion is a farce, a scam, a hoax. Therefore, christians are all either willing charlatans or unwilling ignorant followers. You pick which you are.

I was not accusing anyone of anything. I used a term that you do not like me using to describe someone or a group. There is a difference.

Actually, it's about understanding. Do you believe yourself to be nothing but flesh? That you are your body and so forth? If you do, then you don't understand.

Everything you can name about the christian religion as being bad is against what Jesus actually taught. If you can't separate and understand the difference between what Jesus said and taught, and what people do in his name, then you are also without understanding. I call the church the church of Satan. But only because what they do is against the teachings of Jesus.

So for you to say it's all a scam just means that all you can see about it is the scam. Yes, the scam is real. But, if you can't see beyond the scam to find the truth in it, then you are also just a victim of the scam.

All the while, you will play the enemy/evil for them, they play it for you, and round and round you go in the wheel of dualism and hypocrisy, aka the scam.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't know if this veiw has been presented yet, I schemed over the reading and found the veiws interesting, but I do beleive we were born dirty in evil because the sin of adam has been transferred to us I beleive that is the idea Romans 5 wanted to convey

18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

So because all of us born under adam were born into his Sin, all us regenerated in the spirit are reborn into the righteousness of Christ.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think that if one were to take this obvious metaphor in any sense literally - the only distinguishing characteristic we display in comparison to other animals is a powerful imagination. We can observe the world around us, create simulations in our mind, and act on the outcomes of those simulations to modify our world. (And we're increasingly finding out that even in this regard, we are not TOTALLY unique)

We are uniquely like the concept of "God" only in that, like him, we are capable of creating worlds. We write stories, craft art, and program simulated environments.

Of course, this begs the question. Did god fashion us in it's image, or did we create god in ours? From all that I've observed from the differing faiths and pantheons, and from all that I've learned from history, I think the answer leans more towards the latter than most would like to admit.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

If you can't separate and understand the difference between what Jesus said and taught, and what people do in his name, then you are also without understanding.

If this is true, then Christ's church died with him.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

If you can't separate and understand the difference between what Jesus said and taught, and what people do in his name, then you are also without understanding.

If this is true, then Christ's church died with him.

Still lives in some of us, and when the truth is revealed to all, it will be alive in all of us.

Only good people trying to do good things need to be deceived. And the deception is thick. Most people don't realize it because they were born into the deception and still wait for it to happen, not realizing it already has happened. But as the truth is unveiled, it will become apparent to them and they will have understanding.

There is a path that seems right, but isn't. And people will realize that path that seems right but isn't soon. Because they will see that their actions are still sins, and that just because they do something in the name of god/Jesus doesn't mean they are really doing their work. Because it is the action(fruits) that determine it, not who you pay lip service too.

I'm not big on faith and don't have alot of it. But this is what I do place what faith I have in. As I was once blind, I know it is possible for people to change and find the truth. And the events of this world coming up will set people to searching.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Still lives in some of us, and when the truth is revealed to all, it will be alive in all of us.

Or so you believe. Christ, however, never wrote his own books. His words and actions are not recorded in any media as they came from him. All you have is stories written about him, attributed to him - yet written by others, often several years after the supposed events happened. Others who were imperfect, who even in the very book they collectively wrote openly admitted to being admonished by Christ for not following in his footsteps, having doubt, or resorting to violence. You may claim divine inspiration, but how are you to know?

You don't. you take it on faith and faith alone.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Or so you believe. Christ, however, never wrote his own books. His words and actions are not recorded in any media as they came from him. All you have is stories written about him, attributed to him - yet written by others, often several years after the supposed events happened. Others who were imperfect, who even in the very book they collectively wrote openly admitted to being admonished by Christ for not following in his footsteps, having doubt, or resorting to violence. You may claim divine inspiration, but how are you to know?

You don't. you take it on faith and faith alone.

But that is the point. I don't take it on faith alone. I don't even get my beliefs from the bible. It just so happens that all I learned, including the path and why is exactly what Jesus says.

This is why I completely reject Paul and think he is a deceiver. Because while I see what I learned in Jesus(I recognize the father speaking through Jesus), I at the same time recognize that Paul does everything I'm not supposed to do. Because I did not get my understandings from the bible, and they are not really beliefs.

I understand why you think such, but it is simply not true.

When I had my vision I thought I was going crazy. It was not until I got a bunch of understandings after that I came to accept it as being more than just being crazy. Plus, I know when things come from my mind, and this did not etc.

I can understand why you don't understand it, we deny things in others that we ourselves lack. I was the same way you are until that happened.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Plus, I know when things come from my mind, and this did not etc.

This statement betrays that you truly do not know what comes from the mind. Everything you see, hear, feel, perceive with your conscious mind comes from a mental construct your brain creates from interpretations of sensory information - and can be modified in it's interpretation either by yourself or outside influences.

To your perspective, everything comes from the mind. It's only through verification across multiple perspectives that we can separate objective truths from subjectivity. However, even this is no guarantee - as minds operate fairly similarly. For example, take the case of optical illusions.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This statement betrays that you truly do not know what comes from the mind. Everything you see, hear, feel, perceive with your conscious mind comes from a mental construct your brain creates from interpretations of sensory information - and can be modified in it's interpretation either by yourself or outside influences.

To your perspective, everything comes from the mind. It's only through verification across multiple perspectives that we can separate objective truths from subjectivity. However, even this is no guarantee - as minds operate fairly similarly. For example, take the case of optical illusions.

Nah, this was different. I have already been through these things and wondered as much.

I understand you do not believe me. That is fine. But I hope you understand that there is literally nothing you can say that I haven't already thought of or considered, and so these things are more a way for you to dismiss me as being crazy or influenced by an illusion for your own benefit, not for mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

and so these things are more a way for you to dismiss me as being crazy or influenced by an illusion for your own benefit, not for mine.

Apologies for the tardy response.

I see no benefit for myself in claiming you are suffering from delusion or insanity. However, since what you describe is outside the realm of normal experience, then it is only proper that one should doubt the validity of the claim being made. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which (if I'm not mistaken) cannot be provided in your case thus far. (You haven't made any falsifiable or confirmed predictions that I recall) So the default position is one of skepticism. It's merely a mental process of elimination to determine validity.

There is, however, some evidence that "religious" and other paranormal visions and revelations may be linked to temporal lobe epilepsy. It may be an avenue you might wish to explore.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Thing is, I don't really care if you believe me or not. The point is not to believe me, the point is to find out the truth for yourself. If you just believed me, then you would be part of the problem. So I don't blame people for not believing me, I'd blame them if they did. I would have never believed me and would have thought the same things you do, so I understand. But of course at the same time I don't need the approval of others to know if my own experiences are true or not.

As for predicting things, I predict things all the time. But that doesn't really have anything to do with it, and it's not like god just told me - this is going to happen. To me, it's easy to predict things because I understand the true goals behind things. I don't know the future, but I can take a look at the path that is being followed and tell you where it is going to lead if changes aren't done.

The biggest benefit I have gotten is in terms of understanding and knowledge.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by badmedia]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join