It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i believe.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
After seeing the passion of christ, it has made me think about my faith. I went to a relgious school, but i couldn't understand why someone worships a God, but God doesn't do nothing in return.

History showed me that God couldn't exist due to the amount of death that went on during time and i believed science. The main factor would be the death of my nan because she was a christian and always went to church and when she died, i found it hard to understand when i was told "she was in a better place". How can a God love her if he lets her die??

I was 13 then, Im 18 now so i understand the world alot better. I've had many supernatural experience which cannot be explained by science, so i started to think God was there but i don't need to worship or follower him. Well, the last year has been hell for me and i've been on and off so many anti-depression pills that i can't bare it anymore. My friends took me to see passion of christ to cheer me up and the film hit me with something that i cannot explain. When i walked out of that cinema, i felt something which i call God. When i saw the actor playing Jesus, it opened me up and made me think about jesus and why he died for us.

Im going to talk to the church 2moz because im very interested in joining the catholic church. Now, i truely say i believe in God and Jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
My friends took me to see passion of christ to cheer me up and the film hit me with something that i cannot explain.

Ummm.......

They took you to the passion of the christ to "cheer you up"? I wouldn't call them friends if I were you......

Well, actually...I can't think of a happier experience than watching someone get their skin ripped off. So I see where the cheering you up part is coming from. :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lost another one to Geico!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You'll have to excuse Seapeople. He's one of the designated members who hangs out in religion to try and disprove it every chance he gets. It's usually in the form of meaningless ranting.

If the ranting bothers you, a double blind survey found that the Ignore button works well to silence the ranting.

There is a lot of evidence that the Bible is real. I recommend studying Bible prophecy.(Relevant Link) I would say that this was the determining factor for me. There are a lot of things that the Bible predicts that seem strange, but have come true anyways. For instance, why does every one in the world care about this little country of Israel? What natural resources do they have? It is this tiny puny country, and yet the U.S, EU, Russia, and most of the Arab world spend more time dealing with this country than any other.

Prophecy given between 520 and 518 BC predicted this.
Zechariah 12:2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling." Reading the entire chapter, and the two follwing it, we see that it is predicted that the whole world will end up involved with Jerusalem. How could someone predict this 2500 years in advance, unless they had insight into the future? Prophecy is the way that God has revealed to us that he is who he is.

Don't let anyone make up your mind for you. Read and study the Bible for yourself.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
You'll have to excuse Seapeople. He's one of the designated members who hangs out in religion to try and disprove it every chance he gets. It's ususally in the form of meaningless ranting.

If the ranting bothers you, a double blind survey found that the Ignore button works well to silence the ranting.

There is a lot of evidence that the Bible is real. I recommend studying Bible prophecy.(Relevant Link) I would say that this was the determining factor for me. There are a lot of things that the Bible predicts that seem strange, but have come true anyways. For instance, why does every one in the world care about this little country of Israel? What natural resources do they have? It is this tiny puny country, and yet the U.S, EU, Russia, and most of the Arab world spend more time dealing with this country than any other.

Prophecy given between 520 and 518 BC predicted this.
Zechariah 12:2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling." Reading the entire chapter, and the two follwing it, we see that it is predicted that the whole world will end up involved with Jerusalem. How could someone predict this 2500 years in advance, unless they had insight into the future? Prophecy is the way that God has revealed to us that he is who he is.

Don't let anyone make up your mind for you. Read and study the Bible for yourself.

Ahhh, youll have to excuse Dbates. He didnt feel like actually reading my post to see that I never critcized you for being christian or whatever. I only stated the obvious.....ONLY A FOOL WOULD CONSIDER THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST A MOVIE THAT COULD CHEER YOU UP. IT IS NOT MEANT TO CHEER YOU UP. IT IS MEANT TO MAKE YOU SEE JUST A GLIMPSE OF THE SUFFERING AND PAIN THAT JESUS WENT THROUGH. IT IS MEANT TO RESTORE THE REALITY OF WHAT JESUS WENT THROUGH. But, if you feel as if you need to ignore me, that is your decision.

See, Dbates, you have no idea what I believe and what I don't believe. The difference between me and you is that I accept the fact that there is are problems related with religion. I understand that some of them are significant. I choose not to brush them aside like they are meaningless.

Here...since noone would respond to this....and you seem interested in things of this nature.......respond with your opinions on this thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, (And no, I don't have anyone on Ignore) This forum is "Faith, Spirituality & Theology", and not "The Flaming of". The problem isn't your ideas as much as the way you come across.

For example. I don't like some things that they do in the Catholic church, and infinite mentioned Catholics. Should I say.

"O that's good, join a freaking cult that kisses a stone statue of Mary, and freaks every time a shadow looks like Jesus!" ???

OR

"I personally don't recommed the Catholic church because they seem to put Mary on almost the same level as Jesus, and Jesus said "No man comes to the Father but through me"

Can you see the difference? Please tell me you see the difference.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Well, (And no, I don't have anyone on Ignore) This forum is "Faith, Spirituality & Theology", and not "The Flaming of". The problem isn't your ideas as much as the way you come across.

For example. I don't like some things that they do in the Catholic church, and infinite mentioned Catholics. Should I say.

"O that's good, join a freaking cult that kisses a stone statue of Mary, and freaks every time a shadow looks like Jesus!" ???

OR

"I personally don't recommed the Catholic church because they seem to put Mary on almost the same level as Jesus, and Jesus said "No man comes to the Father but through me"

Can you see the difference? Please tell me you see the difference.

I see the difference. I just choose to be as beligerant about it as people of strict faith are to me. Telling me I am going to hell is an insult. I have been told that. Those who do not tell me that imply it. The truth is, judgement is left for God and no-one on this earth knows how he shall choose. Not a person of faith, and not a person without faith. So who has the right to insult me in such a way. You would be suprised at how polite and well manored I am in person. This is where I take out my frustrations.

Normaly I do not attack the religion forums. Recently though, I have been made well aware of the division that religion causes. Who is to say that you are right about Mary? That she should not be worshipped. Last time I checked, religions as far as numbers went...

1) Catholic
2) Muslim
3) Pentacostal

This is based on fake numbers I guess, because there is no true way to seperate true christians from the rest. In any case....how are you sure that you are right? Im willing to bet, though I may be wrong, that your church is a splinter off of the Roman Catholic Church. Some person down the line decided to change the way the did things...and walla.... you have 3874327832487 different Christian religions. Who is right??? Maybe it is the Jews, and all the Christians are screwed. Maybe the muslims or buddhist. Who knows.

All I know is that the biggest problem in the world today is the seperation caused by religion. Wars over religion. We should all be working for the same thing. And we are not. So people like me are left behind, bitter and angry. My bitterness shows through, and I am thankful that it does. Maybe someone will see what I am talking about eventually.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the idea of this was to share my experience with you all not to start fights
lol
i can't explain why im turning catholic, just be drawn to it. I can't explain it

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

lol
i can't explain why im turning catholic, just be drawn to it. I can't explain it

Well, as long as you are becoming catholic because you have came to that decision yourself, and not because of what you have been told, I would say congratulations. If you are doing something because that is where people have guided you, then I would say you need to think things through more. Thats my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Normaly I do not attack the religion forums. Recently though, I have been made well aware of the division that religion causes. Who is to say that you are right about Mary? That she should not be worshipped. Last time I checked, religions as far as numbers went...

1) Catholic
2) Muslim
3) Pentacostal

This is based on fake numbers I guess, because there is no true way to seperate true christians from the rest. In any case....how are you sure that you are right? Im willing to bet, though I may be wrong, that your church is a splinter off of the Roman Catholic Church. Some person down the line decided to change the way the did things...and walla.... you have 3874327832487 different Christian religions. Who is right??? Maybe it is the Jews, and all the Christians are screwed. Maybe the muslims or buddhist. Who knows.

All I know is that the biggest problem in the world today is the seperation caused by religion. Wars over religion. We should all be working for the same thing. And we are not. So people like me are left behind, bitter and angry. My bitterness shows through, and I am thankful that it does. Maybe someone will see what I am talking about eventually.

This is why I said at the end of my original post that you shouldn't let others make up your mind for you. Read and study the Bible for yourself. I've been around people who practice what I call "clothesline preaching". That's when they worry about the way your hair is cut and the way you dress more than how often you pray. Avoid these people at all cost. And others stress the negatives more than the positive. That's the "You'll burn in Hell" message that you spoke of.

Don't let something as important as knowing God be ruined by other idiots. If it is possible that the Creator of the Universe is behind the Bible, don't pass it up just because of others.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

lol

Well, as long as you are becoming catholic because you have came to that decision yourself, and not because of what you have been told, I would say congratulations. If you are doing something because that is where people have guided you, then I would say you need to think things through more. Thats my opinion.

Im becoming a Catholic by my own choice, no one elses. Don't know what my family will think, but its down to me at the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

lol

You're not starting a real fight. If I thought that Seapeople was a lost cause I wouldn't even comment on him. I just think that he has an interesting point of view, but he doesn't come across very well for this topic. I've been constantly amused by his comments in the Political Mud Pit. The current one that him and Colonel are going back and forth on is funny.

And don't think that I believe that Catholics are wrong because of what I said. Hey, there are several things that my church does that I think is wierd. Like you said it's your choice, and I say good job thinking for yourself.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
7 � For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 � If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12 � Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

so if you talk to this guy, you are partaking in his evil deeds.
which is a nono........he is part of an anti christ and is trying to deceive you.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Im going to talk to the church 2moz because im very interested in joining the catholic church. Now, i truely say i believe in God and Jesus.

Go to his site, I watched him on tv yesterday he helps people understand the bible, scripture, and the gospel.
He makes things very easy to understand, it took me years to believe aswell after been to catholic schools throughout my life. I think it's something you have to come to terms with at your own time, not have it be forced on you.

I went and bought the kjv yesterday at the dollar store for a dollar, but i'm using onling references for help.
And many people that believe have an easier time talking about it with eachother then with non believers, you can't feel comfortable and be open with non believers like les feldick says you need to have a group so you can better understand the bible, or better yet God.
www.lesfeldick.org...

what are the attributes of satan:
(11a) What are the attributes of Satan ?
www.lesfeldick.org...

understand this:
14 � For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
www.alphalink.com.au...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thank you for the links

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
what are the attributes of satan:
(11a) What are the attributes of Satan ?
www.lesfeldick.org...

just finished reading it and i found it so interesting, im still reading through the whole bible.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

lol

Im becoming a Catholic by my own choice, no one elses. Don't know what my family will think, but its down to me at the end of the day.

What religion is your family, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer that.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What religion is your family, if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer that.

well they're not religous just prodistent from n.ireland, my mum was born there.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
infite

go here too very awesome www.wayofthemaster.com

tbn.org click on jesse duplantis I find him better to understand, hes funny gets right to the point and makes the bible easy to understand.......

also for unbiased news that references armageddon www.howellindsey.com or use tbn.org to find him......

ill write more tomorrow.......... and I never thought i'd hear me say this but bless you! hehe

top topics

join