It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Invasion and You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's not my problem if the thugs can't read. I just want to cover my bases before I start puttin' holes in these pieces of trash! This is for my own liability...I could care less about anyone stupid enough to test me.

I'm ex military but I'm no Rambo. But I do remember many things from my training that are beneficial. My wife is comfortable and familiar with firearms as are the children. We're working on putting floods up around the property as well.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I live in Oregon and was a victim of a home invasion a little over a month ago. There were 3 invaders and they took some cash and my roommate's rifle.

A piece of advice for everyone: If you have a gun for defense, keep it loaded and accessible. His was locked up and unloaded.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Home invasion is a growing problem in my town. Random violence and robbery against individuals happens way too much.
First: I set it up so there can be no entry without making a lot of noise and delay for the offender.
Second: I am never beyond reach of a very effective weapon no matter what I'm doing.
My mindset is that I have every right to defend myself to the point of taking a life. The "laws" in place have no bearing as far as I'm concerned when I'm in my own home minding my own business. No one has the right to bust in and commit a felony. (just busing in is a felony already as far as I'm concerned)
I am very concerned about the so called self defense laws in this country. In general, our laws are against the general public and in favor of the criminal. It is obvious our politicians want us all unarmed and vulnerable to protect themselves from citizen uprising when we all decide we have had enough abuse from the government and decide to do something about it. This is of course subject for another thread.
Basically, whoever tries to invade my home space is in for a nasty surprise. No mercy, no regrets.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Keyed door locks are meaningless for anyone with a set of bump keys. Crossbar door locks are the best thing to use to prevent entry.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I'm soooo glad I don't live in the U.S.....no offence.

All that security you guys talk about and at the end of the day it's SOOO easy to break into just about ANY home if you think about it.

Off with a few roof tiles, lever some timber battens, one kick on the insulation/plasterboard and they're in!

Unless you clad your roofspace with something inpenetrable it's an easy option for someone who is determined and most homes have a "soft spot".

Best thing is to stop them before they get the chance. Vigilance and safety in numbers. Don't be afraid to report strangers and NEVER let anyone into your home that you don't know.

Where I live I can go shopping and not even close or lock the door.

Rural France is great.

Cheers...nerb.......be safe.

lol raise the roof tiles and pry yer way in through the roof?
Yeah you don't live in the US... that's for sure.
Our building codes require contracters to build homes much more sound than that.
It would take you a half hour and a fire axe to even pop a hole in most wood framed homes,
If it's an apt building .....impossible.

BTW, In the US, we are armed...home invaders target homes where they can be reasonable sure no one has a gun.
Break into any home? Easier said than done.

Some good advice here.
Be aware of your surroundings, excercise your right to bear arms.

Ive lived this nightmare. It's not something you want to experience, even when you win the confrontation.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Pin your deadbolts is a good bit of advice.

lock them and then drill a tiny hole at the edge of the lock. Stick a nail in the hole and then even a copy of your key wont open it.

When we had our attempted home invasion it was a couple random cranksters. I heard them and met them at the door where the garage comes inside the house. They heard my AK rack and were halfway out the garage before i got a chance to yell at them.

The same two tied up a couple a week later and were going to kill them, when a random police visit to the house next door caused them to bolt and run through the woods. They were about 2.5 miles from us.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Pin your deadbolts is a good bit of advice.

lock them and then drill a tiny hole at the edge of the lock. Stick a nail in the hole and then even a copy of your key wont open it.

When we had our attempted home invasion it was a couple random cranksters. I heard them and met them at the door where the garage comes inside the house. They heard my AK rack and were halfway out the garage before i got a chance to yell at them.

The same two tied up a couple a week later and were going to kill them, when a random police visit to the house next door caused them to bolt and run through the woods. They were about 2.5 miles from us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join