It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates releases mosquitos at elite TED conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Bill Gates frees swarm of mosquitos

"Malaria is spread by mosquitoes," Gates said while opening a jar onstage at a gathering known to attract technology kings, politicians, and Hollywood stars.

"I brought some. Here I'll let them roam around. There is no reason only poor people should be infected."

I would give anything to see the faces of the people that were there.

The article goes on to explain Gates' charity foundation and his strategy for reducing malaria in developing and impoverished nations.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Zachman225]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That made me giggle. I would have loved to have seen the reaction it created.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder if those mosquitos are actually bots running a version of the next Windows OS ? ? ?

You never really know with that boy.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
where they microsoft bugs?

my oppinion of Bill just went up a level

[edit on 5-2-2009 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

If that was true they probably would never make it out of the jar. I didn't know Billy had a sense of humor.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I remember this from some months ago -
Using mosquito for vaccination.

cryptogon.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bill Gates the software messiah? In the beginning he shall have many answers, but in the end he will bring you to war?

It's hard to think this guy is our enemy. It's easy to become a hero when you have a lot of money.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Are you implying Bill Gates is the anti christ?

link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I would have loved to have seen the reaction it created.

Here you go:

("The Scream" by the Norwegian painter Edvard Munch)

link   
I think this was a lot funnier than him moving his butt for Jerry Seinfeld.

As much as I hate Microsoft, I admire what Bill has done with a lot of his money.

Hopefully, many more rich people will come to understand the message he is trying to send.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Bill gates and the antichrist discussed here

Can't see it myself though.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Nope. But others have and someone has to play the role. He just doesn't seem evil to me. But I don't worship the guy or his money. I'm curious to see what he does with it. Imagine how much terrorists would want for him in ransome. he must be paying some hefty amount for protection.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

Me either, i think he wants to be rembered as a philanthropist. . seems to me like his heading along that path?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Why would he need to pay for protection? Amercia will protec him for free

His the gouse that lays the golden egg.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wouldn't be possible without the so called "evil" of microsoft, well saying that most of todays high speed tech wouldn't be here without MS, how many of the open source guru's give billions away?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
[...]how many of the open source guru's give billions away?

Hmmm.... The millions are still in the pockets of the users, because they never took them in the first place.
Even though I don't like but still put up with microsoft, I respect Bill Gates for what he has achieved and for who he is(seems to be).

BB,
Samuel

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm subscribed to TEDTalks. I can't wait to see the video of this on YouTube. It'd only be funnier if managed to release a large flock of agitated pigeons in the auditorium as a lesson on Bird Flu in developing nations. Or maybe decided to open the jar of mosquito, but threw in centipedes, spiders, and other nasty insect critters and said he'd like to talk a little bit about the latest bugs pulled out of Windows Vista.

I call Win on this one. But then, that's Bill Gates. He's a winner in most endevors. Unless he meant "Win95" to mean the OS was awesome, in which case that's an epic fail. Though I still tend to regard Win95 as an elaborate trolling attempt on the corporate scale.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

Blarg. Who hasn't been accused of being the Anti-Christ? It's like a status symbol for powerful world figures now. You haven't "arrived", until you've been declared to be the Anti-Christ. I wonder if they have an "Anti-Christ" club with that being the exclusive membership criteria.

--------------------

Here's the Bill Gates TEDtalk. I'm not actually 100% sure if this is it, as I haven't watched it yet. But I think it's a safe bet.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Damnit, I actually LOL'd!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
And god only knows by "phase 3 should start testing" for malaria vaccine means.

Let's be serious. He doesn't care about the poor. No rich person cares about the poor.

Didn't you think it was VERY odd that Warren Buffet "gave away" 90% of his ENTIRE money and then a few months later he became even richer??

That is NOT a coincidence.

They say they want to help poor people against malaria, but what they should be saying is "We are testing new experiments and vaccines on the poor. Oh Well."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join