It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using A Ouija Board Tonight

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by fossilera

I am so sorry, but I really must ask you if what you are getting out of all this is worth the great risk that you are taking? The Lord gave you your soull/spirit, but you can lose it. Once that happens you can not get it back.

Please, think long and hard about what you gain compared to what you could lose. Please!

Peace to you

Grandma

I'm just curious, how would you lose your soul just by using the board? This is coming from a person who doesn't know much about Christian religion (Although I have read on the subject, I don't follow any particular religion).

Most of the texts that I've read say that the soul cannot be taken away, otherwise the physical body would also cease to exist (You have to have something for emotions).

In regards to your question, so far I didn't gain anything from the board, so nothing is really gained/lost. If that question was referring to the "Answer Deck", then I again haven't really gained anything-except the feeling that a "higher power" is in charge of my life.

Finally, don't take my response the wrong way. I am open to most religions (except scientology), and am not trying to prove a religious point. Sorry to skew the OP's post in a religious tangent.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
why are you so determined to open yourself up to something you obviously know nothing about? thats my question. you know when people warn you not to do something and you go ahead and do it anyway and then afterwards when you can not control what happens to you, then you think to yourself "Why did we do this?" well look forward to that. I have no sympathy for people that intentionally place themselves in danger.

good job whatever happens to you I say

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fossilera

Originally posted by Grandma

I am so sorry, but I really must ask you if what you are getting out of all this is worth the great risk that you are taking? The Lord gave you your soull/spirit, but you can lose it. Once that happens you can not get it back.

Please, think long and hard about what you gain compared to what you could lose. Please!

Peace to you

Grandma

I'm just curious, how would you lose your soul just by using the board? This is coming from a person who doesn't know much about Christian religion (Although I have read on the subject, I don't follow any particular religion).

Most of the texts that I've read say that the soul cannot be taken away, otherwise the physical body would also cease to exist (You have to have something for emotions).

In regards to your question, so far I didn't gain anything from the board, so nothing is really gained/lost. If that question was referring to the "Answer Deck", then I again haven't really gained anything-except the feeling that a "higher power" is in charge of my life.

Finally, don't take my response the wrong way. I am open to most religions (except scientology), and am not trying to prove a religious point. Sorry to skew the OP's post in a religious tangent.

I remember reading somwhere that sometimes spirits can be trapped in the board they are not cleansed away. sometimes they can be released and possess the user. Also some religions believe that dealing with evil can cost you your ticket in to "heaven" so playing with the board in a way you loose your soul for your no longer welcomed in heaven.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Commander_Koenig

Originally posted by tgambill
wrong....there are angels and there are demons. We are not to be messing with the demonic world. It is evil, they are evil and there isn't a third choice. Satan gives the false impression that "channeling" is good but its not. its a lie. It allows demons to enter the person and eventually destroying not only their life but others as well. These are the facts...........

I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in the existence of Satan. I don't believe in "good" and "evil" either. Maybe because I'm not brainwashed by Christian concepts is the reason I've never had any problems.

TWENTY YEARS plus I've been using a board and NO HARM WHATSOEVER.

You can choose not to believe in a real thing, yet it will still be real. Your perceptions cannot change reality.

Christians are not "brainwashed" either, and that statement is offensive.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Agree with most of what you said, except for the part about the spirits being dead people. Far more sinister and dangerous.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You know not what you mess with.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

I looked on their site (Toys R Us), and did not find any listing for said toys, and the link gave a failed search page.

I DID find the toys listed online, but not for that store. Disturbing, in any case, no matter who sells them.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

From the Christian standpoint, it isn't "losing your soul" really, thought that is the way it is phrased sometimes. What could happen with the board is, a person could come into contact with a demon, that could then begin to influence that person, more and more, and possibly even possess them. The end result could easily be that this person is lead away from salvation, and upon death, thus "lost", meaning that for eternity they would be in a place made for demons, and apart from God. This is not something to toy around with. Those that say nothing has happened to them are either being protected, or possibly deceived into thinking all is well, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
The only logical explanation and factual explanation is that there are entities existing that are demonic. It is a fact. DO NOT USE THE BOARD!! its is real and it is a portal to the supernatural world. The Scottish Rite Masonry, 33rd degree, level knows how to invoke these evil entities through sacrifice and ritual. It is a fact that those that have used the board are subject to sucides, drugs, murder, self destruction, and it all depends on what demon that is allowed in............this isn't debatable, it is real.

Interesting what you said about the Scottish Rite. A building with Scottish Rite sign has been about 2 blocks from where I work for 23 years. It's a very large building but it is set up sort of behind a hill and you can't see much. I can see a glimpse of a large portico, and the lawns stay perfectly manicured in fact I'm sure they use one of those services that sprays all year and keeps the grass green even when everyone else's is dead looking. In all these years I have never seen a car coming or going from it. It has a strange aura about it. I have always wondered "who are they" but haven't looked into it. Think I will.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmm..well I have alwasy wanted to try it out too. But, my family which, at the time was very religious told me never to do it.

Main reason why was because of an incident that happened to my mother and her sister.

It was late at night and it was storming outside and my mother and her sister had recently bought a Quija board and decided it was time to use it. (This took place in Mexico in case anyone is wondewring) So they played it and asked a couple questions and what not and nothing really happend. Until it started to storm hard and the power went out. So it was relativly dark with only a few candle lights to light the room. Well this is what my Mother recalled had happen. For a short period of time maybe seconds when the lighting would strike it would light the room up and at one point when the lighting striked my mother looked at her sister and saw her face looking at my mother laughing with an evil laugh, head was tilt back and everything ( dang im getting goose bumbs.) and when the lighting flash went away her sister was looking down at the Quija board. Thats when my Mother called it quits and scream like crazy. Since then she has never touched a Quija board and litteraly pleads me not to ever try it, or at least she pleaded when I was younger. Now this is a story told by my Mother and her sister which is really not mentioned much. As far as if it really happend, well I dont really know, but i dont believe that my Mother would lie about anything like that, especially since she ,at that time, was religious.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Your mother is wise, and you are smart to listen to her. Ouija is like the doorbell to hell. Why would anyone in their right mind want to knock on hell's door? I believe many people have not been badly affected when trying it because they had a realm of protection around them. B ut people of all faiths, all ages, etc. have some very bad experiences to tell.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

I spent a great deal of effort several years ago with a group of people experimenting with a oiji board. We were able to establish two groups in georgaphic separated places (two hundered miles), and then send messages to each other without distortion. The oiji "guides" passed the messages. After years, we gave this up because of "side affects".
In general, you can't determine the nature of what you are communicating. You don't know the limits of their power, nor their intensions. In time you make communication easier into your conscienceness, with no understanding of what they can do or how they can affect you. Using a oiji board does not give you an understanding of the spiritual world, or how to protect yourself from it. Rest assured that there is a spiritual world, and there are good and evil entities out there.
Your soul is very serious business. You are naked before them, since they know the rules and you haven't a clue. In our physical world, it is considered a serious tactical mistake to engage in that manner. In that world of great power, you are doubly foolish to expose yourself.
Your experiences will surprise you if you conduct them carefully. Then you will realize, perhaps too late, that you could be exposing yourself to grave danger to things you can offer no defense. We realized that eventually, and had to engage some serious help in order to stop intrusions into our dreamspace.

cj6

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ouija boards are harmless fun, I've tried it plenty of times to know that nothing bad will happen. Sure I've seen some pretty crazy things after using one, even had some truely disturbing nightmares afterward, but nothing extremely bad will happen. If anyone tells you different, they're lying to you!!!!!

Oh, and I got my Ouija board from KB, it's just a toy...that can possibly communicate with spirits, NOT DEMONS, that's just crazy!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Man, Ouija boards are made by Parker Brothers these days and glow in the dark. You can pick them up anywhere board games are sold.

Nothings going to happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can't believe how stubborn the original poster is. People are warning you not to tamper with the board because of horrible things that can and might happen. How ignorant and foolish can someone be? If it is true which I feel it is that you can contact demons you have the very real possibility of ruining your life and you still proceed. You deserve what's coming to you for choosing to proceed following so many warnings of terrible happenings.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mischief2013

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by chapter29

Well said number 29...my thoughts exactly. I don't suppose there is anyway we can get this little bunny to change his mind, so I'm gonna leave it for now. Kinda boring, and now it's made me grumpy....not a good thing. I wish he hadn't bothered asking and just did it....it's almost like showcasing how all growed up he is.

Maybe I will be able to keep my gob shut on next months Teenage Ouija Board Extravaganza....I will try, but it's hard!!

From your post i've noticed your very condescending to people younger then you. calling me a "little bunny" And saying that this was a "Hormonal blair witch thingy" Yes i am only 19. But i consider my self ahead of my time. Why would i be on Ats if i was all about Laguna beach and all this other crap that people in my age group are into. I think your being ignorant and grouping me into a category i'm not in. You are generalising my actions into being just another stupid teen. And since your Sooo grown up its very immature to make this a personal matter insulting me.

You act as if you havnt done anything wreckless or dangerous when you were a teen. As if you werent curious to new things. I am a teenager yes and im just doing my part in exploring.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by mischief2013]

Yes most of us your senior have indeed played with the oiuja board and most regret it. Since most of us regret it we try to rudely inform you not to try it. Since I can remember those days pretty well this probably just fuels your fire to try it. My only advice is be very careful and don't trust whomever you are communicating with because it is not who it says it is most likely (LIES). And don't use it in the house, your garage might be ok since it is away from the house but not as good as elsewhere (not a graveyard).

My experience from the teenage ouija days was proof of the supernatural, mostly boring, and at times very scary. I believe that once you use it it becomes an entity that knows it exists. They hate cats and dogs, seems these creatures communicate with each other and are aware of the board. The board also knows if there is a disbeliever, and will typically call them out. I have worried that I may have caused myself to be seen by things I don't necessarily want to see me. Wow thanks for the bad memories.

Be careful

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tompumped
I can't believe how stubborn the original poster is. People are warning you not to tamper with the board because of horrible things that can and might happen. How ignorant and foolish can someone be? If it is true which I feel it is that you can contact demons you have the very real possibility of ruining your life and you still proceed. You deserve what's coming to you for choosing to proceed following so many warnings of terrible happenings.

it is not a case of stubbornness nor ignorance. Not everyone thinks the same way you do. If i get a bunch of my friends to post and say that there are invisible pink elephants that dosnt really make it true does it? Yes there are numerous people that claim they've had bad experiences with it and that it is real. Yet there are people that said nothing happened when they used it and it is a load of crap etc. So just because you believe that they are real doesnt mean im ignorant for believing they are probably fake. And all i was doing was seeing which side will win me over.

I'm assuming you didn't read the whole thread because I've stated this before. I'm not a stubborn person at all. I simply stated i was doing it regardless because it is my hunger for substance of evidence rather then stories that people share over the internet. And my results i will take with more credence then stories over the internet. As i said many times before nothing happened and i haven't seen any ghost and my Ouija board is still in my room. So i don't see what you're still going on about.

Anyways i want to thank everyone for they're replies and opinions they're stories and warnings. As of right now i don't plan on using the Ouija board so soon after my first attempt. If i do i will make another thread or maybe re post.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Blah blah blah, im 22 ive used the Ouji board on and off for many years, i have yet to have anything weird or freaky or even scary happen. no loud noises no banging no demons nothing. Im no occultist, or wiccain, i do know the paranormal, and magic and things. and honestly its a freaking board game designed to freak children out. thats it nothing more

Good night

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Assuming there is a god. God doesnt forbid things we cant do. He forbids things we can do , but shouldnt.

Assuming that is pure subconcience. How do you think people end up in a psyche ward?

Assumming that you can contact the dead. That just doesnt seem like a good idea.

Assuming you can only contact demons with it. Refer to the first assumption.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Maybe I should've used other wording, you are a complete and total moron plain and simple. On one hand it isn't true and nothing will happen, and on the other you might possibly bring demons into your life and it can possibly ruin your life forever. I did read the whole thread just so you know, and I wish I didn't waste my time. Invisibile pink elephants wtf are you talking about? Why did you even feel the need to write that?
I personally don't care if you died right now, but it just blows my mind how stupid someone can be. It shouldn't because I know how stupid and ignorant people can be after all I live in the United States where most people are brainwashed and completely dumbed down.
If you want some substance of evidence start doing some research and learn the truth about what really is going on right now in this country and who really pulls the strings and what has been going on for sometime. Don't be like everyone else that gets their news from the tv and believes the propaganda without question. If you aren't to brainwashed already and you can think for yourself and you open your eyes it will feel as though you are awake for the first time and that is a wholesome experience. It feels great, but recently i've felt that I wish I didn't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join