It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanley Kubrick's Masterpiece "The Shining"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yep, another 2012 prophecy, this time by Stanley Kubrick! The person at this site looked hard at the hidden number codes in The Shining and came to this conclusion.

While pondering the 1921 photo in the last shot I was looking at the 21 pictures on the wall when I just happened to glance down at the time code underneath 2:21. That's how I quickly discovered that something was hidden in the time codes of this movie.

It's a LONG read but interesting! By reading this I also learned what the heck was going on in this movie, sorta. I guess this goes along with the "directors telling us about future events" theory.

jonnys53.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ludacrous. she is clearly a nutjob.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeanDirtyKiller
Yep, another 2012 prophecy, this time by Stanley Kubrick! The person at this site looked hard at the hidden number codes in The Shining and came to this conclusion.

While pondering the 1921 photo in the last shot I was looking at the 21 pictures on the wall when I just happened to glance down at the time code underneath 2:21. That's how I quickly discovered that something was hidden in the time codes of this movie.

It's a LONG read but interesting! By reading this I also learned what the heck was going on in this movie, sorta. I guess this goes along with the "directors telling us about future events" theory.

jonnys53.blogspot.com...

god I cant wait for 2013 to come. somewhere kubrick is rolling in his grave

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ughhh I don't know if it is just me or not, but I am getting physically sick by the neon green text on the black backround. I really want to read this, but the design is actually getting me dizzy.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
From the site the op lists....

Some people remember hearing about this date, Christmas Eve 2011. It’s a lost date now but in the 70’s I learned this was the date the Maya Indian’s predicted as the end of the world (though the meaning, and actual date now seem to be modified – 12/21/2012 Mayan Calendar). I have no proof that he knew of this date but I never forgot it. When I took “Overlook Hotel July 4th Ball 1921”, remembering how Stanley Kubrick shows us these numbers so many times in the movie and how important mirror images were, I couldn’t believe what I came up with;

NOWHERE does it say that Kubrick himself put in 2012 codes throughout the movie. You and the blogger simply made it up.

What a waste of space

[edit on 5-2-2009 by bknapple32]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MeanDirtyKiller

Cool link, I've seen the shining twice but didn't pick up most of those things, but I highly doubt the numerology he attempts to piece together, or the date, he uses the number on the boys shirt, the number of the elapsed time, the number of things randomly fitted together, it's like describing the character in the horrible movie 23... but it's a great movie and I'll have to watch it again to see if I can see anything.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It was originally written by Stephen King.
We know this, right? Just making sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whoah, dude. Cracking the Kubrick Code.
Recently, I was just reading this short book about a mathematician who
was showing how normal this is. Numbers that are significant is your life
(birth number, lucky number, height, weight, social security, age, IQ, stupid
uncles gambling debt etc) and using them as values one can create formulas
that are equal to historic dates, lucky numbers, birth date etc.

We are surrounded by numbers at all times. Is it that odd that the number
12, 24 and so on came up in this movie?!There could be 12, 24 or anything
in anything and everything we do, see, touch and smell.

In fact my post has a code. Let me explain (by making no sense at all).
You take the 12 right?! 12 months, Dozen, right?! 12. Double it and you get
24 man.. Now reverse the 24 because... well just because and you get 42
dude. Crazy, right?!?!? So these number are like mystical.

My code is 12,24,42.... Star to whoever can crack my code.

Need a hint?!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I agree with hikix, my eyes are already hurtin'.

I don't think I can read the whole thing because it's just too damn long, and hypnotic too.

There may be something to this, TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, but like I've stated, it's too long.

The first ting I thought of was:
2012, the numeral 2 at each end equals the 2 creepy twins from the movie.
bassackwards: redrum = 2102 ???
First creepy twin = 2???
Scatman Crothers = 1???
Danny = 0???
Second creepy twin = 2 ???

I'd like to pursue this but my eyes hurt.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I do believe it is intentional, Kubrick was very intelligent. Too intelligent for this earth.

However, he has always used mirrored imaged scene locations and architecture. He always had symmetrical designs. So that would explain why there are 2 of a lot of things in the movie.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My code goes uncracked.
Oh well.

mw

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My contribution...

The Shining Code is a FREE one-hour documentary which deciphers and explains the meaning behind Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining. Due to its mysterious nature, the movie left most viewers confused and unable to understand what the events that took place were all about. The Shining Code documentary unlocks more than 50 codes within the film, codes that finally shed some light on the mysteries that left so many scratching their head and wondering what possessed Kubrick to release such a film.

theshiningcode.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Check out this new documentary that reveals a lot more hidden messages and codes in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" about how he faked the moon landings, than Jay Weidner's "Kubrick's Odyssey" did previously. It's called "The Shining Code" and is very jaw dropping and spine chilling. 20 minutes into it, your jaw will start to drop as it becomes more and more clear that some of the messages and codes are very clear and unambiguous, such as the scene with Danny having Apollo 11 on his sweater, rising up and walking down the corridor to room 237.

See it here:

www.youtube.com...

Additional codes:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm going to explore some of these links and comment later... for now I just wanted to say, I love this thread

new topics

top topics

join