It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoe thrown at Israel's ambassador in Stockholm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Yep all fun and games until someone wings one at Obama, right?

I personally find it not only disrespectful to the speaker, but it shows that the protester hasn't the ability to present his opposition in any other form than spectacle.

What I would like to see is how fast one of these guys run if the speaker jumps down to his level to give him an old fashioned butt kicking.

Oh, who am I kidding? None of those speakers have the stones to be a two-fisted dispenser of consequences to those that would publicly call them out.

No by all means wing one at Obama too. Im sick of it. Government has been shafting the people for to long now. Obama who praised change has so far in two weeks
1. Not put anyone in the Bush admin on trial
2. Tried to let in 3 people into his admin who didnt pay their taxes
3. Has not tried or went after anyone in the financial sector that has bankrupted our country. Instead he continues to bail them out like Bush.
4. Already threatened Britain about releasing torture info
5. Already using scare tactics to get his agenda passed straight up Bush/Rove style.
6. Trying to get us into war with Pakistan opening a 3rd front I mean cant he finish 1 war at a time....
7. Has not gotten rid of one Bush order stripping us of our rights....

There is more that is all off the top of my head so yes Obama will need a shoe here soon if he doesnt get his act together. If the government will not listen to the people they will listen to shoes damnit....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
I think these would be perfect for maximum damage & impact:

Ouch!!

I think shoe throwing is about as ghey as a tree full of parakeets, but I'd rather see that than someone throwing some more lethal. Well, those shoes that -0mega- posted would probably do major damage.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
While it was ambassador of my country who got "shoed" at, i also find this form of protest pretty unusual and funny.
However as someone who got shoe thrown in his face (and heavy military one) i assure you - it is not a nice feeling. So until some political figure will be hit with consequences (blood/bruise) - this will be pretty funny.
Then - wearing shoes to official meeting will need license.

But i see also new horizons for foot wear manufacturers - in this time of crisis they will be able to sell new type of special throw-able shoes: like "smart" shoes, cluster shoes and cruise shoes.
Life will never be the same again. Welcome to shoe century.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What brand footwear was thrown? would be rather ironic if it was a pair of 'Katyusha' loafers...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join