It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! The ATS Member Media Portal (Soft Launch)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hello, I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but half way through all videos, well before the video gets finished, the option for selecting other videos comes up and the video stops playing. ANyone else getting this?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm trying to keep track of any 'issues' I come across for later - after the dust settles and initial 'tweaking' is done. So far pretty much everything I've messed around with seems to work, not counting the known bugs.

BUT... A couple of features I'd like to use don't seem to work. They have to do with the profiles and not media content per se, so I imagine they're kind of low on the list of things being worked on now, but here goes anyway.

1: The "dragable boxes" do not stay where they are put after refreshing the page. Aren't they supposed to? I'd like to arrange them the way I want them to be viewed by anyone looking at my profile.

2: There's a link to "Create a Box". It doesn't seem to do anything. If a box is indeed being created somewhere, it's not on my profile. How I long to create an additional box or two to fill with knickknacks, thingamajigs or various other whatsis.

Overall I'm very pleased - but this isn't the first time I've said that on this thread. Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

I would like to add a ...

3: The profile does not keep the colour changes I make, it almost looks like there is a "Save" button missing.

Edited to add:

4: In Safari (Windows) and Chrome the dragging of the boxes is affected by the position on the page, if the page is on the top then everything works as it should, but if the page is scrolled it looks like the position of page is added to the position of the box, so the position where the box would be dropped is not what we expect.

I try to show it in the following image.

5: While I was making this edit I noticed that the animated GIF that I made does not work on the Media Portal, it appears as a normal GIF just showing the first image.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ok, got another brief question for you people and then I'll leave you alone. As far as me everything seems to be ok my only problem is with my group. I've created a small artwork group. My question is this. Is there any way to provide a link in a post in the discussion group? Say for example a link to a art gallery, or someones photo gallery, etc. I tried a copy paste of the URL and it just sits there, there is no link, it tried the "[URL= " code from ATS and that didn't work. Is there something that I'm missing?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I also tried embedding a link to an ATS discussion. It's currently not working out. Perhaps in the future.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I do not understand it, do you mean a link to, for example, your Computer Artwork gallery?

Edited to add that I think that all HTML and BBCode is erased from what is posted on the Media Portal, so no links like we are used to here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Deson

I do not understand it, do you mean a link to, for example, your Computer Artwork gallery?

Edited to add that I think that all HTML and BBCode is erased from what is posted on the Media Portal, so no links like we are used to here on ATS.

That's exactly what I mean. No links.

I do know that it's possible to insert links in your blog but not in any posting in the groups.

Edit to add:

To Dbates,

I agree hopefully in the future we can do that.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Deson]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another thing I noticed about the editing of the profile, only Internet Explorer 7 shows the colours I chose, but only on the box on the top of the profile, just under the "HOME", "MEDIA", etc buttons, all other boxes remain as they were.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So, any timeline on approximately how long it will be until the full debugged version of this will be ready?

Could one now upload .jpeg, .pdf and .avi files, combine them with a written post and have them all available for download or viewing in an opening post in a selected ATS forum?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

The file types you mention should work just fine as-is...

JPEG: (The Skeptic Lair)

PDF:
The Abundance Paradigm

VIDEO: (Semper In Hiding)

(click to open player in new window)

Click "Quote" in the upper right-hand side of this post to view the code for each.

Hope this helps!

p.s. Whether or not PDF files open directly within one's browser will depend on which one they're using (IE&, FireFox, etc)

[edit on 7-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thank you. not only can it be done, you done it!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To those having issues adding a background image (as I was),
You need to go to:

Customize Profile
Stylesheet Editor
The 5th line of text will say: background-image: url()

Put your link within the brackets and the background image will stay

[edit on 2/7/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
ok, got another brief question for you people and then I'll leave you alone. As far as me everything seems to be ok my only problem is with my group. I've created a small artwork group. My question is this. Is there any way to provide a link in a post in the discussion group? Say for example a link to a art gallery, or someones photo gallery, etc. I tried a copy paste of the URL and it just sits there, there is no link, it tried the "[URL= " code from ATS and that didn't work. Is there something that I'm missing?

I tried that to - in your group - and it is not linking....just text

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
izzy, argus, byron, are all part of the real power behind S O, they just keep barking out his marching orders. the dogged determination of these three, cannot be (house)broken. the yelping hand of encouragement these three demonstrate, give even a great leader paws of introspection. this k-9nd of influence must be preserved, due to their very flea-ting nature.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I did not saw it mentioned anywhere but it looks like the images are resized to fit a 600 pixels width limit.

Is that true? If it is it is almost worthless for photos.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You could always put the image(s) into a video file, increasing the display time for each, which would allow for the full screen viewing option. (?)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

To those having issues adding a background image (as I was),
You need to go to:

Customize Profile
Stylesheet Editor
The 5th line of text will say: background-image: url()

Put your link within the brackets and the background image will stay

Thank you... I think ive managed to get my background to stay still now.. lol. Although it does disappear if you try to change the text colour / box colour on your profile.

Like Armap said, the colours wont change, im stuck on black and white.

But these are all minor problems, this is still fantastic and its only going to get better.

So thank you S.O. and ATS..

JQ.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How does one go about making a vlog?

I'm utterly confused on this.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread, so I apologize if the answer is found somewhere within.... But could someone tell me if this portal will be for ORIGINAL content only? Or will it be more like youtube?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Aaaaaargggghhhh!!!! I, like an idiot, tried one more time to load this file and once again it says it is uploaded but is not showing anywhere.

I can clearly see that folks are able to load files, but cannot figure out why mine will not.

After SO adressed the db timeout issue by suggestiing I add my own, thumb, as opposed to letting it generate for me, I did that.

Instead of seeing the SQL timeout, the file says it is loaded. But it is NOT.

The only thing I can think of is that the thumb I am using may be causing it to cache somewhere? Is this possible? I loaded a thumb from a pic I have stored here, it is not from the file.

Perhaps when you guys changed the pics over from cachefly the other day, you did not reprogram it on the media site? So it is storing my uploaded file somewhere but not recognizing the thumb path??

Or maybe the content cat. is flawed? I had to file it under 'Paranormal' as there is not a Metaphysical option. Have all of the Cats been tested?

And is there a better place than here to get answers to these questions?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join