It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! The ATS Member Media Portal (Soft Launch)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thnx guys maybe thats the problem.Ill try a resize

Edit to add
Nope still dont work.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Azador]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthulu
The best part is a female member who says "hi" has the most # of views, 5 stars, and the most comments.

Welcome to ATStube!

I believe that the Member VLOG area will be very popular for a very simple reason.

People are excited at the opportunity to get to know those who they interact with on a daily basis. Personally I think it'll be a lot of fun.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

nah we can share credit. so long as space-cadet is my new title....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ATS is pretty frikkin kick ass. I enjoyed a few years of
simply reading the pages here. It was not till recently I joined,
and I must say that this really is a great site to come to.
Refreshing and full of some pretty cool people, ideas
and knowledge that seems to be pushed to the background
in MSM, but to the contrary it is embraced and discussed here
without an agenda. Thanks owner and mods, you rule!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wait, so what can or what can't we update yet?

I'm still curious about this.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Credit where credit is due ... this enhancement takes ATS to a new level altogether. I'd actually pay good money for ATS membership now, that's how good the nuts & bolts are getting.

Superb stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is really great. I've lurked here for the longest time and just started posting recently. This feature is going to make this into close to a real community. Putting faces to the people's posts that you read is really nice. I give this two huge thumbs up and wonder why other forms haven't done this yet. Or have they? Anyway, kudos on the great feature that will make this place even better than it is currently.

-not

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Don't forget folks, if you post something to the video portal, embed it here on ATS.

If you post a conspiracy-themed video, start a thread on ATS!

If you post a personal VLog entry, post it on BTS.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Will we be able to embed audio media?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great stuff this!

Now I just have to figure out how to do some hidden filming of Karl when he starts his reptilian morphing...

This is not going to be easy...

Thanks ATS!

peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Is anyone having a problem loading the "view profile" page?

I've tried from two different PC's and it seems to hang with the "please wait while page is loading" message.

This applies to any profile.

I'll try a third PC.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Will we be able to embed audio media?

Yes... eventually.

Some of the bugs being worked on now are:
--- mobile uploads not working for anyone
--- embedded views not tallying
--- embedding audio content in ATS
--- embedding PDF content in ATS
--- minor CSS problems

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

INTRESTING.............

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Trying to upload a video file and am getting this:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/db.class.php on line 155

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/db.class.php on line 155

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/db.class.php on line 155

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/db.class.php on line 155

Warning: mysql_query(): 4 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/db.class.php on line 64

There has been an error with your database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

MySQL Query Error: INSERT INTO error_logs (error_title,error_msg,error_date) VALUES('','','')

SQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
SQL error code: 2002
Date: Friday 06th 2009f February 2009 11:54:48 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience.

TWISI - I may send it u2u as well, any help would be appreciated. Oh, and can we please have a METAPHYSICAL forum on the video side too?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Trying to upload a video file and am getting this:

What format was the video, how large was the file-size, and what is your connection speed?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The question of copyrighted material being able to be uploaded was not addressed. Will we be able to do that or will it get deleted like something of youtube?

Considering how some of us do our conspiracy's we do use copyrighted material in some things we do exp:
Lone Gunmen, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Siege, Modern Marvels, Myth Busters, and many many many news sites.

I am just curious to this and would like an answer for it. Till then I will use my site.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

17Mb test video in MPEG format uploaded in less than 6 minutes over a 5mbps DSL connection.

No problems.

(?)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
The question of copyrighted material being able to be uploaded was not addressed.

Yes it is... on the upload page in the Media Portal, it says: "Videos containing copyright material (such as music or news footage) must fall within the confines of "fair use." DO NOT post entire video clips of copyrighted material."

This is no different than what we expect of members: respect the content of others, in the anticipation others will respect yours/ours.

It's appropriate to use snippets of news footage, while you add your own video/audio commentary under the broadly accepted legal domain of "fair use."

It's not appropriate to upload an entire piece of news footage.

It's appropriate to use portions of popular music as a backdrop or mood for the video you authored.

It's not appropriate to use an entire song, without permission, as the soundtrack for your video.

These, and more, are all common sense ways to respect the material of others, while relying on portions of existing material in creating original works of your own.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
The question of copyrighted material being able to be uploaded was not addressed.

Yes it is... on the upload page in the Media Portal, it says: "Videos containing copyright material (such as music or news footage) must fall within the confines of "fair use." DO NOT post entire video clips of copyrighted material."

I didn't see it, I breezed through the site and didn't try to upload anything... Thank anyway SO for your answer for I wasn't aware of it so I wanted to see what was said about it..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hi SO -

Just saw your query.

It is Flash video, size was 18 mb and connection is 768 kbs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join