It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! The ATS Member Media Portal (Soft Launch)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com

As discussed in previous threads:
We're preparing a world-class media portal for ATS members.
Media Sharing on ATS?

Media Portal Soft Launch

There are still plenty of tweaks and adjustments that will be going on behind the scenes, but we felt it was time to open the doors to ATS members to start getting used to all the new features, tools, and capabilities of our new media portal.

Just go to media.abovetopsecret.com and log-in with your ATS username and password. Then begin exploring all that is available.

The system is currently set to use your ATS account email address to notify you of various events within the portal. We're currently working on integrating the ATS U2U private message system to replace these email messages. For now, if you do not want those emails, you can disable them in your account settings.

Also, we're still having problems with mobile uploads from Verizon Wireless... so if you have a Verizon phone, it may or may not work.

media.abovetopsecret.com

Once all is working correctly, we'll do the "hard launch" with links in the main site menu, video ads, and more.

Enjoy!

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also... for our members who have video cameras, we're working on the details of an ATS video awards program... with cash prizes!

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
WOW! Nice big screen, at least bigger than PooTube. I hope we can get some higher definition quality out of some videos. This is a very smart news and I look forward to having something worth submitting in the future.

the censorship question will come up

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

??

In what way?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Excellent!! I am already setting up my profile and entries.

Salutes to the entire staff, owners, management for this excellent service!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by stikkinikki

??

In what way?

If the users can upload, there will be such problems. Copyrighted issues, some nudism etc.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hahahaha, nudism? Oh jeeze...

I'm so excited! Can we use it now, like really? I feel like a kid in a candy store.
I have to go tutor for a few hours in a bit but when I get home I'm going to post something.
It's like Christmas! In February!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have my ATS avatar here, and want to put it in the media area as well, but I am reduced to using public computers for the time being and do not have the original file available to UL...

Is there any way to apply the avatar file here to the media site?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

No doubt the same rules that apply to the AboveTopSecret discussion forum will apply to the uploaded media. If you see inappropriate content, then just report it. Each video has a link under it to report inappropriate content.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looks promising!
I'm not too enthusiastic with the 4:3 format anyway. All my videos are in 16:9 since long. Will there be native (not letterboxed) widescreen videos support in future?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just a quick question as I'm trying to learn the interface.

Will all future member podcasts, ATS/BTS Mix shows, Above Politics, Interviews, etc, be going through the new media portal or does all that stay the same?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

For me there is no problem though

I was answering to SO's question.
It will be a great site I think, congrats.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm skeert.

I just got the OLD system figured out.

Now I'll be stuck with this avatar forever.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
I'm not too enthusiastic with the 4:3 format anyway. All my videos are in 16:9 since long.

For now, your best bet is to compress-to-FLV on your own, to retain the aspect ratio of your video, and fill the rest of the frame with black.

We're reviewing several player upgrades, and will be offering a native 16:9 player in the not-too-distant future.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I like it!....
There is hours of fun there already!!

Keep up loading them vids members and get that info on there!!

Cheers boss!

00:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
I'm skeert.

I just got the OLD system figured out.

Now I'll be stuck with this avatar forever.

What do you mean

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is looking great.

Maybe this can coax me to put up a couple of UFO vids of my own.

Thanks ATS, finally a Youtube for conspiracists!

Peace,
FK

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Very nice. Thanks ATS

An ability to create a gallery of stills would be terrific also. It would be nice to be able to put up high quality stills. Will there be a slide show feature?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It looks like it has great potential.

SO, is this some kind of conspiracy that you guys are plotting? Is this some attempt to get me to use this more than other parts of ATS?

Jk.

Anyhow, it looks good so far.

I do have a question.

SO, are we going to get an alternative news channel on this ATS media thing?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The old "member upload space" that we have for putting up our avatars will be going away, and we will have to use the new media thingy. The PTB have kindly moved my current avatar to the new site for me, but if I want to change it again I have no idea how.

It took 3 Mods a half a day to get me through learning how to put up an avatar the first time around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join