It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsistency in US air Crash tape released?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
CNN today has released an audio transcript us.cnn.com...
of the Captain ditching US air 1549 in the Hudson ( an unbelievable but amazing miracle) The thing that is very unusual is that the tower refers to US Air flight 1529 ( Not 1549) repeatedly... I have a hard time accepting that such a critical detail could be mistaken. Is this a sign of something amiss?

Are there any pilots out there that could give an explanation to this?

HMMMM

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I do think there is something fishy about this story. I beleive its the government and media working together to create a hero when times are getting so desperate. The story about how he asked the passengers to look at the right engine to see if it was working threw me off. When does a piolt need passangers to tell him if his engines are working. Then the story about the book from the library the libraarian says the patriot act does not allow her to release the name of the book but it was about honor and courtesy.
I beleive we have a case of propaganda to create a hero. Just like Jessica Lynch story was made up to create a hero when times were bad for the Bush's Iraq Invasion.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
JBA

Interesting point of view that this is a part of a media machine... Sure everyone loves a "feel good " story with a real hero.

I still find it really strange that a flight number was messed up? once maybe ( Human error?) but this could mean life or death when a controller gives critical instructions?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

The controller probably just misheard the number - the plane was barely in the air when things started going awry so he hadn't had time to familiarized himself with the flight. The pilot actually sounds like he said the wrong number to begin with, calling himself what sounds more like 1539. The controller had just been handed 1549 so it's not surprising that in the panic of the moment he didn't copy the number correctly. There is no 1529 in flight though so it's obvious that he must be referring to 1549 as 1549 is the only one to respond, everyone did their job well enough to compensate for the misstep.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The ATC mixed it up. The pilot must have confused him with his first transmission where he said Cactus 1539. This can happen and it happens quite often at big airports. Theres no problem with mixing up one digit, it was clear to which aircraft he was refering.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by TimeBandit]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
As a pilot myself, it is quite a hectic thing when you hand responsibility of an emergency over to someone on the ground as you are seeking to save yourself and someone else(passengers and crew). For people to insinuate that maybe there was something fishy about the situation in regards to a misread number by a controller, or a pilot for that matter,is ridiculous. When the pucker factor is high as it was for them, who cares what you call yourself, you just want to get down and do it safely and without any casualties. If a broken leg is all that they had with bumps and bruises, then it was a spectacular job by both on the flight deck as they worked as a team and still walked away. In pilot lango, any landing you walk away from is a good one. And any thing other in that situation I wouldn't care if they had called me "Donald Duck" because he was ingested by two Pratt and Whitney's or Rolls Royce engines and cause the catastrophe at the crews hands. Hero, I should unequivocally say yes!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
A foreign TV news station broadcast the day following the Hudson River landing the Air Tower Tape of the air traffic controller - a woman - telling the pilot to try to land at a nearby airfield. You could also hear the very brief, shorter than the fake version, reply of the pilot saying it's going to be the Hudson. It lasted few seconds, she had a routine uninvolved voice repeating her procedure to go to the airfield. Then it cut out.

Now we hear a brand new version, without static over the voices, of a male air traffic controller who seems totally involved in the crisis and a pilot who takes his time to formulate full sentences in a conversational tone.

Brainwashing 101.

Let it be known that the Executive staff of Bank of America was reported to be on this flight, being banned from using corporate jets during public bailout negotiations. They had reported just requested an additional $138 billion bailout payment and were returning to Corporate Headquarters. Intelligence sources state there was evidence of hand-held ground-air missile firing, and that the presence of a former combat pilot flying a standard scheduled airline flight was not a coincidence.

For many days a barrage of secret service agents prevented the press from accessing the pilot. Nonetheless, despite the absence of any declaration, the mainstream press quoted him as having "smelled" burning birds from withing his cockpit. The physics of that one are going to be hard to prove. Also, they claimed that a stewardess claimed to have spoken to a passenger at the rear of the plane who claimed to have seen birds. You can't get more hearsay than that.

Any who would like can find films testing modern aircraft turbines, using dozens of dead poultry thrown into them under full power in order to ensure that they would not stop operating. Airports have teams of hunters using predatory birds to keep them away from the runways, and use a variety of electronic devices. Billions of birds fly in the skies of the world, usually in flocks. There is no known reference of a modern aircraft anywhere ever having both of its specially designed turbines instantly destroyed by birds. Also, this cannot explain the loss of an engine that had to be secretly recovered at a distance from the landing zone - or were they ostriches ?

The banking crisis is also a crisis of terrorist money laundering networks which are at present battling one another at the expense of the global economy. It comes as no surprise that agencies take great care to cover up events from public scrutiny, either because they are complicit, or inversely because they are trying to set things straight but for that purpose must act unimpaired by prying eyes.

We can add this fictitious flight recording to the museum of 9/11 falsified cell phone calls allegedly emanating from flight 93. What actually happened is less serious of an issue (however grave for the victims and families stricken) than its revelation of just how extensive and pervasive the government and media manipulation of information keeps us in the dark. There is indeed a GeoMasonic Conspiracy to rule over us like sheep.

Getsmart & Getmoving

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The smell of burning birds is easily explained in that the ventilation air for the cabin is pulled from the engine stream (termed "bleed air" IIRC).
Contrary to popular belief, the air on an aircraft is NOT a closed system.
And you can listen to ATC live at any number of airports and you will on occasion hear minor mix-ups in flight numbers. It happens, is corrected, and everyone moves on.

But, I suppose there is a conspiracy in everything if one believes they want to find one.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow...just wow..

Seriously, guys...the world isn't out to get you or try to 'fake' everything. Who cares what the 'intent' you guys think might be, the fact that someone was skilled enough, calm enough to bring down a plane and save those lives should be the end of it. If he is asking for money or other stuff, I could see a problem...but damn, the man doesn't even do interviews lol.

People survived something that could have had killed all of them, let's just enjoy a positive act during these times. People...i swear sometimes, I'm not event hat paranoid!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
US AIRWAYS 1549 DID NOT CRASH SOLELY DUE TO BIRD INGESTION.

If you’d like the analysis of an experienced pro pilot and flight instructor, go to:

us-airways-1549-crash-analysis.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So I guess the fact that the flight recorder showed an uncommanded loss of power in both engines SIMULTANEOUSLY means nothing to you?
www.cnn.com...
It's called a "flock" and if you're unlucky enough to run into it you have a much better chance of sucking a bird through each engine. It's infinitely more likely than "martians with rayguns."

new topics

top topics

join