It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations's Threat: No More Parental Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

After reading your post and responses here I asked is this person for real? So I looked and read some of your threads and post!

I understand now!

Good Luck To You!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

It is a flat out take away the parents right to have ANY say outside of what the state and Government demands they do! This includes but is NOT limited to medicating your child, presenting your child for spot inspections when demanded, administration of state and Government mandated educational materials at "THEIR" discretion.IF you step outside their RULES for raising a child you go to JAIL and they TAKE your CHILD. It goes on and on for hundreds of pages.... This bill is not just about a child's right to be treated with love and respect; it is TOTALLY about YOU no longer having the ability to make ANY decisions for or about your child PERIOD.

Well, people stepped right into this one. We have been on the goal of a two income parental household for years. People don't have time to spend with their children on simple things, let alone school. Hence the education system is the winner in this. We have only ourselves to blame.

They tried to pass this about 5 or so years ago and it was shot down! They chan[/quoteged the wording on a few pages to make it look more child friendly; but it IS THE SAME THING. If this is adopted NONE of us will no longer have the RIGHT to raise our children outside of what we are told to do.

Ok, wait a sec, this is a UN rule, or something that is governed by each nation to rule on? The UN is nothing. A joke a waste of time. Do you have proof that this is US policy, or anywhere else?

Just so you know the school systems have been acting like this thing passed for over 10 years now. When I got into an argument with my sons teacher for lying to me about his academic level in kindergarten. I got a call from the superintendent of our district telling me I HAD NO RIGHTS as his parent to say how he was going to be taught AND that if I didn't have him at school the next day he would have the police at my door to take him. Well the police did come; I personally called her C.O (when she refused) and demanded he get her out of my house or I would sue the city as I had recorded the whole threatening scene. Lets just say they saw my side of it and have left me alone for 10 years now.

Well, you always had the choice to withdrawl you son, and put him in private school where these rules don't appyl. It's your choice. Deal with the system or find an alternative. Sorry to say, it will be at your expense, but a tax write off. YOUR CHOICE!!!!!!!

edit to fix quote

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Parents get away with all kinds of abuses, which affect a child to not live up to their potential.

I agree. I did some research for another thread and found that in the US, in 2002, 11.3 per 100,000 children under the age of 5 are murdered. Most by parents, family members, and other authorized care givers.

For perspective, in 2002, only 11.5 people per 100,000 were killed by guns. That includes ALL age groups. And ALL reasons for dying by guns. Accident, homicide and suicide.

Note that the children murdered does not include death by accident caused by gross parental negligence, nor does it include children between 5-18. Nor any of the non-fatal abuse that simply maims them for life.

There needs to be some action taken to change the status of children from "property of parents" to "responsibility of parents." Having spent most of my childhood in foster care, and seeing the horrible things that happen to children in this country first hand. (many of the kids I met had it MUCH worse than me and I had it pretty bad)

All I can say is it is about time. I dont know to what degree I think it is enforcable, or if I agree completely with every bit of it, but children have a right to the same protections an adult does. A human is a human. Once they are born, and autonomous beings, they deserve respect.

I disagree with the poster who would like to see more restrictions on pregnant women. The basis of my belief that children should have rights is that one persons rights should not infringe upon anothers. And a fetus' rights should not infringe upon those of its host. A mothers body is her body. She is not a brood mare.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

After reading your post and responses here I asked is this person for real? So I looked and read some of your threads and post!

I understand now!

Good Luck To You!

And the same to you. I find that I hope Glen Beck gets a hold of this thread. People are so busy paying for crap they don't need, children are a hindrance. Now that parents have to take resposibilty and are called on the carpet, they gripe. Yes, you do have to actually be responsible for your tax decuction. They are, afterall, human beings, you people, are griping about. Your tax deductions, will now have to produce for being so, other than the wide screen T.V's some folks buy every year, for having a tax deduction. The free ride is over! Be accountable!!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well, more than likely, your enlightenment of the Foster Care system should show you the incompetence of exclusive government control on children.
There are more regulations on foster care than biological parents and yet, how is that going?

Here is the actual constitution of the UN;
Here

Retarded bureaucracy!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Hey, that was me also that mad he comment about pregnangt Moms.

While I admitt I do not know the facts as to what pregnancies are planned
versus not, I think that any woman who is in the stages of producing a child, must be held to strickt safety for the child.

While the body of a woman is a host, the inncoent child never had the choice of being there.

Woman have a choice, while a child does not, especially while in utero.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I KNOW you don't have children.
Free ride?
There are already US laws in place to keep a child from being abused or having food withheld from them. "Going to bed without dinner". No, it's illegal.

There are ways to tell if a child is being abused, it's called caring neighbors and schools, hospitals.........

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I KNOW you don't have children.
Free ride?
There are already US laws in place to keep a child from being abused or having food withheld from them. "Going to bed without dinner". No, it's illegal.

There are ways to tell if a child is being abused, it's called caring neighbors and schools, hospitals.........

Actually, I have 4 children. Including a set olf twins. I raised them by myslef to adulthood, while my tiwns were not yet walking. I had 4 children to raise on my own, under the age of 5, when I became a single parent. So, yes, I have some experience.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

No. It didnt. It showed me that children who should never be returned to their families were, over and over again because of parents rights.

It showed me that foster parents also took liberties with children because children have no rights.

I remember being in court, around age 11, and they were taking me from a good foster home to go home with my abusive mother and I asked the judge, "what about what I want? what about my rights?"

He laughed and told me I wouldnt have rights til I was 18. I never forgot that.

My brother hung himself at 20 because of the lifetime of abuse he suffered. I had a foster brother pulled from the home we were both in and sent home to his parents hang himself at 11. Less than a week before he would turn 12.

No. I would much rather have been in a group home, or orphanage than most foster homes. And I would have rather been in any foster home rather than my own home.

Children need to have their own inalienable rights. And if you are not an abusive parent you will likely never see those rules come into play. But something needs to be done to end the treatment of children as property legally. You have no idea how much real suffering is caused by the fact that severing parental rights is so difficult.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The UN is, in my humble opinion, the most hypocritical organization on earth. First of all, with all of the real suffering going on in the world today, where innocent civilians are being slaughtered, this is what they decide to concentrate on? Perhaps they should spend more time trying to get nations not to bomb civilians, destroy infrastructures, deny people of basic human rights, and feed the hungry.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Children are innocent civilians too. And they suffer in every country. Not just war torn ones. They are sold into the sex industry, beaten, humiliated, and brainwashed on a regular basis in every country in the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Children need to have their own inalienable rights. And if you are not an abusive parent you will likely never see those rules come into play. But something needs to be done to end the treatment of children as property legally. You have no idea how much real suffering is caused by the fact that severing parental rights is so difficult.

Yes, I agree that something must be done to handle situations such as yours. However, I don't believe the UN is the right organization to do that. I think that should be done by each nation, or state, or province.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I think at this point; the American people will obey whatever the government says. They're too apathetic

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

They are sold into the sex industry, beaten, humiliated, and brainwashed on a regular basis in every country in the world.

Well, I can't speak for other countries, but since you live in the US, there are laws regarding most of the things you mention in the US. If those laws are not enforced here (and I'm not saying they are, or aren't), how will "laws" by the UN be enforceable?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I am REALLY sorry for your abuse.
You were failed by the justice system, apparently, as was your brother.

How could they not prove your mother was unfit?

At any rate, I have seen those failed in the Foster system, too.
I don't see how more government would help 'fix' that.
Sounds like something should be overhauled.

My grandmother, as well as her brother committed suicide, because of their Dad's abuse.
Her sister went crazy and died in a mental hospital.
Children are bounced around from foster homes and then, occasionally, they find a good one, where they aren't molested.
How would these constitutional rights change that?
How would they impede families where a mad child wants 'revenge' on parents, because they couldn't date a boy or get the clothes they thought were 'cool'?
Not to mention the other things this bill implies.

States Parties shall take all appropriate measures to ensure that the child is protected against all forms of discrimination or punishment on the basis of the status, activities, expressed opinions

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think it would help because as person with rights, you would have the right to bring suit on your own behalf against your caregivers. If you were in a bad foster home, you could assert your right to protection. Now, as it stands you are either the property of your parents or the state. And you are right, the state fails children too. But now, children do not have rights. People have rights to them.

And to Prof. Emeritus, We cannot enforce the Constitution 100% either. But dont you like having the ability to sue an abusive police officer who bashes down your door and beats the crap out of you for no reason and violates yours? Would you advocate just not having rights at all because that it is the case that this sometimes happens?

Or not having laws against murder because we cant prevent all murder?

Or do away with property rights because we cant prevent all theft?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I am REALLY sorry for your abuse.
You were failed by the justice system, apparently, as was your brother.

How could they not prove your mother was unfit?

And how they never severed her parental rights was because 3/4 of the abuse she rained down upon us was emotional abuse. My brother didnt kill himself because of any of the physical beatings she gave us. It had more to do with keeping us up all night 24 hours and screaming at us, and sobbing, and telling us how awful we were and how we ruined her life. And throwing hot coffee on us if we dozed off in the middle of her insane rants.

Not every kind of abuse leaves marks for a doctor to see. But I will tell you one thing, she used to beat the holy crap out of us sometimes and I recovered from that MUCH easier than the vile and horrible things she made us believe about ourselves. And my brother never did get over it.

If we had had rights, we wouldnt have had to count on someone agreeing our bruises were bad enough. We could have asked to be removed. And we would have. We did. But they always sent us back after she would start therapy.

Mind you I dont hate her. She was mentally ill. But she had no business having custody of children and we should have had the right not to have to go back.

And as for children seeking revenge and turning in an innocent parent. I doubt that would happen very often. Even children who are abused are loathe to turn in a parent. It takes a lot to make a child want to be taken from their home. And if some child did try that, it would not take the child long to figure out that even the best state run facility was no comparison to a good loving family. I am sure there could be some means for dealing with children playing power trips, and a way to let them see that they are not best served by lying to get into state care.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

That's Hideous!
I think the children in Foster care should have some say in what goes on.
Keeping in mind children who might be 'prompted' by foster parents to SAY that they don't want to go home.
NO CHILD should have to live with abuse!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

If it were up to me, having been in group homes and foster homes, I would advocate for non-religiously run group homes. I finally did get a great foster home, but I had been in abusive ones before. None of the group homes I was in ever had any abuse at all. None of us kids wanted to leave them for foster homes but they cost the state more and so they shuffled us into private homes as quickly as they could.

In a group home, there is no incentive for any of the "parents" (who worked shifts and were usually youngish college students in psychology programs or social work degrees) to get a kid to lie about their parents. They just made sure we made our beds, did our share of the house chores, went to school, did our homework, listened to our problems, made sure we came straight home, and took us on group outings. It was not a bad life at all. But none of them ever tried to get us to lie in court. There was always more than one assigned to a shift at a time and so someone was always watching the watcher.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It is funny how a lot of people disagree with this, when frankly the reason the world is bad is due to people not raising their children correctly. They are machine and need to be programmed to be correct human.

This is groundbreaking, it will change the fabric of our society for the better. People become murderers, evil heartless bankers, closed minded, irrational, selfish, because of intentional and unintentional harm received while growing up.

If people are raising their children correctly then they don't need to worry about this, but be happy for all the children it will save.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join