It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

touch screens able to scan your fingers and identify you???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i was at the movies yesterday and i used those touch screen monitors to get my tickets and the thought came to me: are touch screens able to scan your fingers and identify you? it could be possible. all you do is use one finger and touch the screen.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I never thought about it, but I guess the technology is there for a use like this.

where else could these be ?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If it were networked, possibly. But, it's not like they can't find you now

Seriously... I don't think you have to worry about touch screen monitors and such. I hate em, but I don't worry about em.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was at the movies yesterday and i used those touch screen monitors to get my tickets and the thought came to me: are touch screens able to scan your fingers and identify you? it could be possible. all you do is use one finger and touch the screen.

Possible, but not probable, it would require a special section to put your finger on, then it would have to be networked to a fingerprint data base that would acknowledge it was you.
A touch screen just uses sensors to determine where your finger is on the screen. you really don;t even need your finger, a pencil does just fine.

www.repairfaq.org...

"A Resistive touch-screen consists of a glass overlay which has about 4 layers over it. The distance between these layers and thickness of them is in the micro-meter range. When you touch the screen, the controller senses it and computes X-Y coordinates."

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Possible, but not probable, it would require a special section to put your finger on, then it would have to be networked to a fingerprint data base that would acknowledge it was you.
A touch screen just uses sensors to determine where your finger is on the screen. you really don;t even need your finger, a pencil does just fine.

www.repairfaq.org...

"A Resistive touch-screen consists of a glass overlay which has about 4 layers over it. The distance between these layers and thickness of them is in the micro-meter range. When you touch the screen, the controller senses it and computes X-Y coordinates."

thanks... mabee the government wants to scan your pencil too

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yep my number 2 is a danger to society

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Yep my number 2 is a danger to society

I don't use pencils anymore

only pens and ony ones that don't have RFID's and or tracable characteristics...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just threw out all writing utensils!!!

im only gunna' type!!!

and "they" can still see who i am even on the computer!!!

what am i gunna' do???

lolololololol

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I went into the local 7-11 a couple of days ago and saw a little scanner fastened to the counter with a fingerprint symbol on it. Apparently its for when credit cards have fingerprints included. You slide the card through the reader and then verify it by putting your finger on the scanner.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I went into the local 7-11 a couple of days ago and saw a little scanner fastened to the counter with a fingerprint symbol on it. Apparently its for when credit cards have fingerprints included. You slide the card through the reader and then verify it by putting your finger on the scanner.

that sounds like mission impossible the movie

wow, they have such things already? thats amazing!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have not had to go inside my bank for quite sometime, ( banking electronically ) and was surprised to see that they have the "ink" right on the counter for your finger print when cashing a check.

just a matter of time, before that ( finger printing ) is done electronically at banks too.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
why do we (human race) do everything electronicaly nowadays???

is it laziness

i think it is!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

why do we (human race) do everything electronicaly nowadays???

is it laziness

i think it is!

I don't know, not so much laziness as convienence (sp)

I could never spell that word ...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
thats true but nowadays things that were so simple to do be4 electronics now get even more simpler with electronics. when i see these commercials about new innovations i think: "boy america is really gettin' lazy"

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If you're so worried about touch screens scanning you finger prints you can simply wear gloves while using it.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

just a thought but good idea!!!

new topics

top topics

join