It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Alien Donuts’ In Space! Too Much Of A Coincidence To Be Debunked?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just the fact that each of the objects in that video come into the frame going in one direction, and at the same speed (for each object), and they continue in a straight line until they leave the frame, pretty much tells me these are not sentient in any way. They don't act like controlled objects (controlled craft, or organisms).

They act just like inanimate objects, as far as I can tell. I do not think ufos or creatures are swarming the tether. Also, the fact that the objects are going different directions, and would all have to maintain some amazingly fast and constant and *different* speeds (if going the same way, versus going the opposite direction), makes it fairly obvious to me at least, that this is debris.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This tether event was broadcast live and unscrambled worldwide. That was never NASA's intention. The video download of the tether was to be scheduled and properly vetted before anyone would actually see it. A TOP -tether optical phenomena- camera
was to observe any strange "effects" created by the tethered satellite and had every way to do it (infra red/ULTRA V, etc.)

Then the tether breaks and it happens when there is a "loss of signal," during a satellite
switchover. Meanwhile the astronauts get the video "on tape" and download it asap for NASA scientists to study. The only trouble was that 'ground control' had not seen the video before and so everyone on Earth saw the UNEDITED download! They never thought UFOs would be swarming the satellite and tether and once the video download was sent out live, it could not be stopped!

These videos that have revealed the REAL TRUTH as to what the astronauts were seeing would NEVER to have been broadcast if the tether had not broken when it did!

So the public got a bunch of watered down lies, told to us live by astronaut Diaz, who was obviously not ready for what we all were seeing when he said...there's a lot of stray light and things are getting washed out. There's some debris KIND OF flying with us and it's getting illuminated by the sun at such low angles." The answer from Columbia was not one of knowledge of the phenomena, rather an evasion!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The triangular objects smack of black ops, human constructed craft. Triangular because ALL human craft have to be aerodynamic and it doesn't make sense that if "aliens" have non-aerodynamic round aerial objects they wouldn't regress to human-necessity objects.

The objects seen in STS-75 are more difficult to explain, although some have tried to sometimes sounding as ridiculous as NASA's explanation that all space objects that are non-human are ice crystals, water dumps, debris, etc. When you zoom in to an object it's because it is at a distance. NASA has zoomed in on various objects and you just don't zoom in to nearby ice crystals that maneuver .

Then there are the earthbound orbs found in all types of photos such as the one pointed out on a NASA screen. The uneducated do not seem to realize that ALL of these orbs are created by a combination of a flash, whether camera mounted or from another nearby camera firing at the same time as the main camera. Additionally, you have objects in the field of view that reflect ambient light. All of these factors then wreak havoc with the lenses on a camera creating these "ghostly" orbs that exist only in the negative of emulsion film or in the digital domain. They were never outside of the camera.

Finally, the space and earthbound spheres or orbs that show some kind of cutout sometimes pie-shaped or dual-notch, one at the top of the circle and one at the bottom. Being an investigator I'm always on the lookout for simple, prosaic explanations of what seem to be unexplainable events. Many years ago, after seeing an "orb" on a photo that had cutouts, I was watching a movie. There was a night scene in which the movie camera was on the shoulder of the road to film an oncoming vehicle. First you saw the headlights in the distance out of focus. Then as the vehicle approached the camera and started to round a bend the right headlight overexposed the image and the resulting "orb-like" circle had dual cutouts, one on the top and one on the bottom, just as shown by the OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I didn't want to get into this discussion again. Mainly because all you do is falling on deaf ears, or people start pulling out explainations that are even more weird than the space ship theory. But i can barely shut up on this topic, so i like to point out a few things regarding this video:

1) They do stop and change directions multiple times. View carefully, and you'll spot many objects doing strange maneuvers for particles in space.

2) The're undoubtedly flying at different speed. Don't know how the poster before me came to the conclusion that they don't.

3) Each object has a different, or his own trajectory, which points to the fact (just like the different speeds) that these objects have different sources. They never ever came from one source like the broken tether.

4) The trajectorys are crossing each other, which points to the same conclusion that they can't have the same source. And if you look closely when the camera zooms out, then you'll see that some of them flying from miles away directly in the direction of the tether, so they have to have their origin somewhere else.

5) The fact that they appear as airy discs proofs nothing. Because if they're spaceships emiting radiation they'd also appear as airy discs, and because of that you can't conclude NOTHING out of it. On the other hand, you can't also conclude that they are space ships due to their appearance.

6) Different from what most people say, these objects are very very unlikely directly in front, or even a few hundred meters in front of the camera. The deep zoom definitely refutes this claim. But they do probably appear just like the tether enhanced, though, so they could be small particles in the distance.

7) Each one of these objects needs a source of power, which did accelerate it. There's no wind in space or other forces that could propel them in this many directions all over the place.

So where do they all come from?

As i stated, they can't be all from the broken tether since they would just spread out away from it, not crossing each other, or flying "into" each other.

They also are very unlikely debris or ice particles just flying around since our orbit is way too vast to see that much stuff floating around.

And how do they change directions and even stop?

Many argue that it's due to the shuttle adjusting it's orbit, but i dont think this would have such an effect, especially not on 1 object alone.
Others say it's caused by brownian motion, which is also not conclusive to me. It still would require a medium where these objects could reject from. It would be known, if there was such a strong effect on particles in space. You could build very useful propulsion systems with these technique, if true.

And these are not the only videos directly from nasa live feed, which show very strange anomalys. These things happend frequently on almost each sts mission with even the astronauts themselves admiting many times that they're seeing strange (sometimes metallic) objects in close proximity to the shuttle, or following it.

You can also hear how they switch to a encoded channel when reporting things like this.

Or just have a look at the debunk work, which is been going on since it's release. The're people who post almost DAILY since years on many different boards and video portals to nip every thought that these could be space ships in the bud.

This surely is no proof of anything at all, and i think sereda is wrong on many things he pointed out, too. But it's another small piece to the puzzle. And you can be sure there's more in those videos than nasa likes us to know.

Take care!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

If this footage 'from' NASA is real and untouched, by that I mean this is the actual footage shot by NASA, then there is no way that these "floating" objects can be anything other than extraterrestrial craft. The tether acts as a giant ruler and many of the objects are passing behind it, which means some of them have to be several miles in diameter. The objects all look the same and for this reason alone they cannot be space debris. What's more, they are all pulsating at a regular rate.

I have watched this footage dozens of times and I can find nothing to disprove it's authenticity. The one thing that continues to bug me is where did this footage come from, is it genuine NASA footage, if so, how did NASA allow it to escape their clutches when security is so tight, I mean, they are claimed to be airbrushing out objects in their photographs prior to release to the general public. How on earth did this almost conclusive evidence make it into the public's hands?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by martinhuyton
reply to post by lernmore

If this footage 'from' NASA is real and untouched, by that I mean this is the actual footage shot by NASA, then there is no way that these "floating" objects can be anything other than extraterrestrial craft. The tether acts as a giant ruler and many of the objects are passing behind it, which means some of them have to be several miles in diameter. The objects all look the same and for this reason alone they cannot be space debris. What's more, they are all pulsating at a regular rate.

Although i also don't believe in the "ice particle explaination", i have to admit that the appearance of some objects passing behind the tether is a common effect in optics and got reproduced several times. Unfortunatly i can't find the video anymore and have not the equitment to reproduce it again.

The pulsating could be cause by rotation or sublimation, if these are truely ice particles illuminated by the sun.

I have watched this footage dozens of times and I can find nothing to disprove it's authenticity. The one thing that continues to bug me is where did this footage come from, is it genuine NASA footage, if so, how did NASA allow it to escape their clutches when security is so tight, I mean, they are claimed to be airbrushing out objects in their photographs prior to release to the general public. How on earth did this almost conclusive evidence make it into the public's hands?

Here's some info about the origin of the footage (it's splitted into 6 parts):

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but...

Particles are pretty small in size right? In my opinion that is why they are called particles. Many times you need a microscope to see them.

In order to see something that small, most of all in space, where you have a black background, don't you need a light sorce from behind YOU in order to have the light reflect on the particles?

I have watch the video again now several times, and I believe the light comes kinda 9 o'clock/10 o'clock high?

So if it is particles infront of the camera, how the heck can they be lit up as they are no matter how they zoom and focus?

Why are there so much "particles" at that point and at no other video ever taken?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Particles are pretty small in size right? In my opinion that is why they are called particles. Many times you need a microscope to see them.
In order to see something that small, most of all in space, where you have a black background, don't you need a light sorce from behind YOU in order to have the light reflect on the particles?
So if it is particles infront of the camera, how the heck can they be lit up as they are no matter how they zoom and focus?

Have a look at this and explain yourself from where is the light and how little dust particles are seen on this movie:

Why are there so much "particles" at that point and at no other video ever taken?

Maybe because demanding shuttle mission activities, and even out of control accidents (a complicated experiment with a tether which suddenly broken) simply generates a lot of debris?

Originally posted by hackbart
i have to admit that the appearance of some objects passing behind the tether is a common effect in optics and got reproduced several times. Unfortunatly i can't find the video anymore and have not the equitment to reproduce it again.

Maybe this will satisfy you:

Why people didn't watch at what it has been said already just posts before?

[edit on 7/2/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sorry, i missed your point. I have to look at the footage again. I'm not sure where the light came from, but if it was water or ice it could simply diffract the light.

Another explaination would be that the objects are just like the tether electrically charged. The camera, which took the footage, operates in the far uv, which is emited by electric arcs, for example. So these objects could simply be visible by getting an electric charge from our ionosphere. Therefore the position of the sun would be irrelevant.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by mikesingh
As I had mentioned earlier, what we're seeing are donuts a few km across but probably having a thickness of a few meters which would not be visible whilst seeing it edge-on.

Why can we not see these objects from Earth? When the tether broke, it was visible from Earth. If these objects are two or three kilometers across, why can't see them down here?

Well, good point there! However, I would like to mention those donuts in space were photographed in UV light and not in the visual spectrum. That's probably why they could not be seen from down here. And there could be hundreds more out there but invisible to the naked eye!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
However, I would like to mention those donuts in space were photographed in UV light and not in the visual spectrum. That's probably why they could not be seen from down here.

No, i said before and i repeat that NASA cameras just have extended spectrum, those orbs are NOT seen only in UV spectrum. They are seen in all the spectrum, because the sun iluminatoing them not iluminate them just in UV spectrum, but in all the spectrum. Even the astronaut refer to them. And they share the out of focus airy discs characteristics as i extended argumented before. Why ignore this? You should argument the imposibility of this, not ignoring this trivial FACT in favor of extraordinary claims.
Not to mention that nobody can see from Earth little minuscule debris particles!

Cheers!

Originally posted by depthoffield
Another confusion here with "out of spectrum" camera.

Yes, NASA cameras in discussion can see in near ultraviolet light too. But this it doesn't mean that it ONLY sees in ultraviolet. In fact, those cameras sees in visible spectrum too, but in near-ultraviolet also. Because the senzor is capable of that. It simply has a larger spectrum senzitivity than the eye. Of course, for low light situations, when every bit of light is gold, somebody have to be idiot to sacrifice the extended senzitivity of the senzor and limit it just to visible spectrum. And near ultraviolet light is just light. The focus/out of focus phenomenon is exactly the same. The same situation with your ordinary home camera or photo-camera, which have some senzitivity to the infrared spectrum (which eye cannot see). The difference here is that letting infrared senzitivity will alter the colours, so, ussually there is a filter on top of the senzor which stop most infrared light. But, a little senzitivity yet remains, as you can see when filming your remote control for TV in action.
So, beeing in near-UV, doesn't mean at all that those debris particles (or their Airy discs) are not also visible in visible spectrum too. It is just a misleading to make you think only at invisible misterious alien activities. And remember, in NASA video, when operator asks the astronaut what is there, he speaks clearly about debris:

"and there is a litlle bit of debris which flying with us"

So, it is visible to the eye!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Could it be multiple types of "debri"?

I don't doubt that the astronauts saw debri, the kind you can see with you eyes. We don't know if the UV spectrum video shows more than the Astronauts see with their own eyes, simply cause we don't have a second video to compare it to.

This is why I claim that this will never ever be either proved or debunked.
Cause we don't have enough material to work with.

Anyway.
Shouldn't the dust particles in that video look like the ones in the STS video? Or atleast have a similiar look?

I can't see the how these look alike.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

We don't know if the UV spectrum video shows more than the Astronauts see with their own eyes, simply cause we don't have a second video to compare it to.
[/img]

Of course near-UV can show a little more or less details than in the visual spectrum. This is way astronomy take pictures at all kind of wavelenghts, no matter UV, visual, infrared or radio, to better show the details.
Anyway, near UV light is just light, you know, the lens objective works exactly the same with visual or near UV, and MAKING IMAGES. Images that can be focused, of not focused depending about the particle beeing or not beeing in the depth of field interval.

Cause we don't have enough material to work with.

But we can use our logical thinking and use our experience, trying to understand more optical and physical facts, not just thinking as "it is unexplained". In fact, there is enough material not here, but it is in total of human knowledge that explains all the effects seen. It is a matter of knowing more from the human knowledge. It just happens that i know through my personal experience with photos and lens to recognise optical phenomenons.

Anyway.
Shouldn't the dust particles in that video look like the ones in the STS video? Or atleast have a similiar look?
I can't see the how these look alike.

Why should my dust particles to look similar to the ones in STS? Do i have the same camera as in NASA? NO! What do you want? notches? holes?
As i argumented posts before, here, www.abovetopsecret.com... the notches are just LENS artifacts. The notches are not debris properties. PERIOD. Why do you want my out of focus discs from dust in my room to have the same notches? Should i buy exactly the same camera as NASA have? I was filmed them with a Canon S2 photo-camera. And, if it happened to film those dust paticles in my room with my other Panasonic camera, sure i would get a lot of rhombus shapes with horizontal lines, like here: www.youtube.com...
The notches are lens artifacts. So, please forget the notches! Unless you have arguments that rule out the lens artifacts FACT.
About hole in the middle... try to understand what BOKEH means:
en.wikipedia.org...
commons.wikimedia.org...:Bad_Bokeh_Background.jpg
www.diyphotography.net...
an extreme example:

So, what's your point speaking about "your out of focus Airy discs aren't like the NASa ones". Don't logical arguments fit enough?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Check out the first part of this vid from the Space Shuttle – STS 80. In the beginning one can see a big semi transparent donut UFO entering the scene. Nine other UFOs are seen forming a circle around it, in full view of the Shuttle.

Here's a video grab of the formation in full view of the Shuttle…

Video grab from STS-80

Can ice particles behave in this fashion? Yes, if they are intelligent!

Cheers!

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Just the fact that each of the objects in that video come into the frame going in one direction, and at the same speed (for each object), and they continue in a straight line until they leave the frame, pretty much tells me these are not sentient in any way. They don't act like controlled objects (controlled craft, or organisms).

Actually if you see the entire raw footage, those objects do not all flow in one direction. Some are moving down towards the planet, others are moving horizontal to the planet, and a few even slowly fly right by the tether, as if taking a closer look see.

Originally posted by fleabit
They act just like inanimate objects, as far as I can tell. I do not think ufos or creatures are swarming the tether. Also, the fact that the objects are going different directions, and would all have to maintain some amazingly fast and constant and *different* speeds (if going the same way, versus going the opposite direction), makes it fairly obvious to me at least, that this is debris.

You just said they all come into frame in the same direction, and then say they are going in different directions. ????

If these are creatures or UFO's they obviously have means to propel themsevles that are byond primative directional control thrusters like those on the shuttle. Meaning they can change direction, maintain a consistant speed or alter it at will, fly around and up to the tether without missing a beat. The shuttle cannot instanty change its direction like these organisms/UFO's can.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

I seriously doubt the camera difference issue as being the defining reason why those slits are there, or why there is a hole at the center, and why that slit morphs from one side to another.

That almost sounds like a desperate cry for support of your theory.

Your zoom in and out video shows no slits on the outer edge of your out of focus Venus, nor does it show the center hole.

Also...those Dropa UFO's in the tether video...are not out of focus.

I have an idea. Does your camera have nite-shot IR capability?

Do your dust particle test in IR mode. That footage of the tether is in IR.

No worries tho, these creatures/UFO's dont seem to be hostile or show any intent of taking over the world. Its natural to sound desperate when faced with fear from something unknown and quite devistating to your paradyme. But relax, Im sure they are not here to force anyone to buy expensive cameras like those of NASA's.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Debunk this please. I am already well aware of the depth of field arguments used for the STS 75 footage, as I used to work as a professional photgrapher. They don't apply here.

The same ring shaped ufos materialise in view of the shuttle, again in mission STS 80, with other ufos in the distance flitting about.

There are better quality versions of this about but this is the best I could get at short notice.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

What I mean is, that the difference between your dust particles and the STS ones are that, the STS ones have a texture to them, while yours are just blurred.

But regarding the videos you link to, I am all with ya.
Those romb figures with lines and stuff are a camera effect indeed.
But there is something with these STS discs/spheres that doesn't fit into our own reality.

And the pic Mike posted above here comes from a vid which I posted on page 5.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The color frame gab is another of the smoking guns equal to the tether incident! It reveals intelligence, architecture, design, timing and precision of communication.

Watching the NASA video we see a number of glowing objects in the distance. one of the objects (right side of the screen) is pulsating rapidly as it flies above the Earth horizon at the space shuttle's attitude. This sequence is very important because it provides us with a clear distinctions between the skeptics ice/dust bunnies in the near-field focus of the camera or shuttle window and real objects outside and in the far distance from the shuttle. There are a few spots, that appear to be on the shuttle window. The camera is being hand-held and moves from time to time. The spots on the window move exactly in time with the camera pans. This shows NASA and the skeptics as being correct with regard to some real "dust bunnies" !

The glowing objects in the background in space move very differently and are free of the movements of the camera. The balls of light gather in a circle in the far distance. The circle is slowly being completed. It is not a perfect circle, but it is close. With great timing and precision, when one of the balls of light reaches its position in the circle, it lights up extra bright exactly as it finds its final and fixed position. Now, we see a ghost-like circular object traverse from the above-foreground position to the far distance.

When the object reaches the very center of the circle, it lights up with extra luminosity signifying that it has reached its destination: the center of the circle.

The very fact that these objects gather in a circle is incredible if you consider the unlikely premise that the skeptics "floating debris" in space could do the same thing! But even more unlikely for "floating debris" is the possibility that these objects could flash with an extra intensity of light once they reached their resting and fixed position. At least 3 of them do this. Finally, the object that flies into the center of the circle flashes with extra-intense light to announce its arrival to the center of the circle. This reveals a plan to form a circle, timing to announce positions being completed and the final position is reached as the center of the circle.

While the chances of natural "floating debris" accomplishing this remarkable formation, and then holding the positions without continuing in a drift is sufficient in proving that this was a planned event. But who planned it? NASA didn't say anything about it in the live commentary that they were planning an alignment of particles.

They did, however, videotape the entire event and broadcast it live to the world!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'll post it again then.

Here is the video both MikeSingh and Secretnasaman talks about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join