It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Alien Donuts’ In Space! Too Much Of A Coincidence To Be Debunked?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

OK, I see what you mean, but I think that "line" only appears as such because the video is even brighter than the one I used.

Could you point to which video did you got those images? As you could see the video I used does not show that "line".

That's one of the problems of not having an official version.

And no, you did not scared me off, I was sleeping, to me your post was made at 5:53 AM.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The video I used is a 400+ Mb MOV capture from a DVD recording I made from a documentary program on Discovery Channel back in 2000. Trust me, the video white peak of that object is right at 97 IRE units, well below the 110 IRE unit maximum white saturation that many of the youtube videos are at.

The videos in your samples are from youtube, oversaturated sources and is why you cannot see the black line in the object, the object is far too bright in the videos your using. In my videos, the object is not so bright that it over saturates the pulsing black line that is there.

Its present in the video, its present in the still image I posted.

Interesting..isnt it!!

edit to add...

As to the position of the video timeline, I tried to match the documentary video scene with the portion of video you used for your slow motion samples. They are of the same object. In mine, it is just zoomed in a little at first, then fade zooms to a much closer view, repeated 3 times for clarity and the last portion is slowed down even further, begining at 1/2 speed, then 3/4 speed at the final. The frame rate from the source DVD is 30fps recorded at the 60 minute, highest resolution record setting on the DVD recorder, and then using VirtualDub to convert the VOB file directly (direct stream copy) over to the MOV format. Then I used AVS Video 2 Flash converter with the highest FLV conversion format (H-264) codec for the final flv that was uploaded to ATS.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 16-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

OK, that explains the difference.

Thanks.

If only we could get a first generation copy...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by RFBurns

OK, that explains the difference.

Thanks.

If only we could get a first generation copy...

That would be nice. But really, that isnt going to make the black pulsing circular line that is there go away.

Broadcast uses the best resolution sources they can get their hands on. If I remember correctly, the footage Discovery Channel used was in fact a first gen copy from NASA's original for the program. I should also point out that at that time, I had digital cable and the program was broadcast in digital on the cable and I used the RGB component connections between the cable box and the DVD recorder. I think that it is the best resolution we are going to find out here next to getting our hands on the actual video tape or disc from NASA.

Chances of that tho are like expecting to win the lotto. 1 in a billion chance in a lifetime!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Does that 400+ MB MOV file shows the same 4 minutes as the YouTube videos, or does it show anything more?

Could you share with us at least part of that MOV file? I am sure that many people would be thankful for that, if possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The 400Mb MOV covers about 6 minutes capture from the VOB file. The entire program has various portions of the sts video scattered througout the show. The program was only a 1 hour documentary.

I will find the most lengthy part of the sts video and upload it. I have to take it from the DVD so keep checking, will notify here when its up.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

OK, and thanks!!

But could you please post it in some place in which it does not need to be further converted? That would be the best option.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

OK, and thanks!!

But could you please post it in some place in which it does not need to be further converted? That would be the best option.

Sure. Ive got a site host that has unlimited space and bw utilization. It takes awhile to upload large files but no problem. I will post the link here.

Any particular format preference? Mov, mp4, avi.????

Oh btw, I managed to find a hi-res copy I downloaded back in 1998 saved on a CD archive. Would you like that instead? I can convert it to the format of your preference.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I think that any format will do, I haven't had problems with any format until now, I hope I won't have them this time.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No problem. Will post the link shortly.

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

I think that any format will do, I haven't had problems with any format until now, I hope I won't have them this time.

Thanks again.

In the process of uploading to the location. This is a 46mb MOV copy. And its uploading at a mere 23kps!! ACK!! Will be done in about 30 or so mins.

Now the AVI I have is 770Mb and would take about 8 hours at that bit rate to upload!

Will link when the MOV is done.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

OK, and thanks!!

STS 75 MOV

There ya go. Right click, save as.

If you want the 770Mb AVI...perhaps putting it on a disc and mailing would be a better option.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind a copy of that AVI

BTW did you get my U2U?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Couple of questions...

If the 'notches' in the tether video are 'camera artifacts'

WHY are they in more than one direction in one frame? Would they not all be the SAME direction as in the attempts to reproduce the effect show?

WHY do they change shape?

WHY do people debunking STS 75 refuse to look at STS 80 for comparison?

If you do a search on Google for 'Plasma life forms' you get this result..
Results 1 - 10 of about 9,570,000 for plasma life forms.

Quite a collection of interesting scientific studies on this...

Then there is this... which has been brushed over here at ATS and other forums... but I add it to this thread as it is certainly interesting in the light of plasma spheres...

Besides all the brains are in this room right now..

The source of the images are here...
NASA Stereo Mission This is from the 29th of Jan but you can get all the days in the video easily
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Perhaps ArMaP has the time to take the images from the 11th to the 31st in the 1024 format size and put them all together into an animation? If so I will post it on my site... (it would be a large file as there are 36 per day at that resolution of 196kb size and 22 days of sequence of interest as this object passes by)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Going to throw this into the mix as well... mostly because I think a lot of this is related to what's going on and why we see more 'plasma orb' UFO's these days

Ulysses Reveals Global Solar Wind Plasma Output at 50-Year Low

September 23, 2008: Data from the Ulysses spacecraft, a joint NASA-European Space Agency mission, show the sun has reduced its output of solar wind to the lowest levels since accurate readings became available. The sun's current state could reduce the natural shielding that envelops our solar system.

"The sun's million mile-per-hour solar wind inflates a protective bubble, or heliosphere, around the solar system. It influences how things work here on Earth and even out at the boundary of our solar system where it meets the galaxy," said Dave McComas, Ulysses' solar wind instrument principal investigator and senior executive director at the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas. "Ulysses data indicate the solar wind's global pressure is the lowest we have seen since the beginning of the space age."

The sun's solar wind plasma is a stream of charged particles ejected from the sun's upper atmosphere. The solar wind interacts with every planet in our solar system. It also defines the border between our solar system and interstellar space.

ulysses.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I wouldn't mind a copy of that AVI

BTW did you get my U2U?

Yep! See your u2u.

You make excellent points on the notches. And I fully agree. If they were simple lens effects, those notches should be consistant across the paths where the objects are moving. And more than one object does move along similar paths, or very very close to another object's path, close enough to where the lens effect would be consistant.

But they are not consistant. That, along with the slow motion video I posted a page or two back, showing the black pulsing line that goes from the center hole to the outer edge and back, plus the hole itself seems to change size in rythmic pattern with the pulsing.

The STS 80 video is another good comparison! A different mission, different camera angle and different location in orbit. Yet shows the same "critter".

Ancient art pieces show the pulsing swirl line...I am not sure these ancients would have looked into the future and predicted we would have cameras that cause this pulse morphing effect.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Hi RFBurns!

Where did you find those pictures of the ancient discs? I don't think I have ever seen them before. Please provide links and information!

Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by RFBurns

Hi RFBurns!

Where did you find those pictures of the ancient discs? I don't think I have ever seen them before. Please provide links and information!

Very interesting.

Hi DA!!

Those I have saved on an archive CD from years ago, my archive is quite vast, I have about 400 CD's filled with images, videos etc. I am an avid believer in archive and have been doing that since 93, I was able to transfer all the stuff I had from the very early archive which was on floppy over to CD a few years ago.

I cant remember where I downloaded those. Tho I am sure somewhere they are still online. If I find any notes as to where I will definately post that information.

I was wondering if anyone who has studied the STS-80 video noticed one of those "critters" swooping in from the upper right of the frame and making its way down to the mid left, staying there and then changing from a faint white to a dark shade, all the while keeping that center hole. And in the upper near center part of the frame, some bright object seems to come out of nowhere and make its way to the left.

I have a slo motion video with my mouse cursor pointing these things out.

Forgive the occaisional glitch in the video, I think that was caused by the source being low resolution while I was capturing it in slow motion and highlighting the objects in question.

(click to open player in new window)

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I got the video, thanks!

Although I have not examine it carefully it looks a worse copy than the one I got from YouTube, which looks less washed-out.

Seeing it at 1 frame per second it also looks strange, with some frames going backward and then forward again.

It looks like there was some conversion that went bad somewhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by depthoffield

I don't think that sharpening is the responsible for those apparent shadows, one of my tests shows the same effect.

Armap, look closer to frames extracted from STS-75, in my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com... where the shadows are adnotated.

You can see that EVERY WHITE (BRIGHT) object in the image, beeing tether, donutz, stars or hexagonal donuts-like lens flares have the same shadows. Even stars! You see this?
What this means? It means is an effect of senzor, or recording processing. SO THE SHADOWS ARE NOT REAL! We can agree about that.

I said that the shadows are due to sharpening procesing of the image, because it is common. Of course, the shadows may be a senzor artifact, something about very iluminated pixels draining currents from surrounding pixels. Anyway, it can be sharpening, it can be senzor functionality, a combination of the both. But it is CLEAR an effect of the recorded image, not the reality itself. Because, stars can't make shadows on the background!

And the shadows, favorise the "behind the tether" illusion, this it was the point.

It's ok this logic, what's your opinion?

[edit on 17/2/09 by depthoffield]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join