It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men In...White Trucks???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Police here do this, I forget the exact name for it but they're very smart at it and I sometimes use to listen to them on the scanner planning which van/car will pull out while the next pulls into the street.

Anyway, either you've done something highly illegal or you're paranoid.
Seriously, put all things into perspective.

Why would they drive around huge white vans? Can you GET anymore obvious and laughable? Please. They'd drive a black sedan, and then the green hatchback, etc. Also the man hours put into any sort of investigation let alone one that warrants several white vans following anybody has to be extreme. They wouldn't waste time and resources following random people, no matter who they are.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Even if this was filmed, other than the one serious incident with the sports cars, filming a series of white vehicles would not convince most cops that they were in any way related. With no front license plate, identification by any means would be next to impossible.

The whole point of the thread is to look for possible explanations, for who could have been following, and why (though the answer to one might provide an answer to the other). Personally, a government agency seems unlikely, considering the methods used (and not used). A criminal group is even less likely, since neither party was involved in anything illegal, and certainly an organized group of criminals would have taken some action if needed, and not followed people that way. The question is, who does that leave? Aliens? No, because I can't believe beings capable of star travel would need to resort to clumsy methods as were observed. So what we are left with is an unknown group, with somewhat limited resources. Who that could be is the main thing I am looking for ideas on.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Fleet trucks?
just try to tell a cop that you are being followed by white trucks

there are so many white trucks being used by so many companies, government agencies and utilities that it would be impossible to find one of many.

i worked in the mining business and many times i would explore the back country.
to keep from being bothered by the cops because someone reported a strange truck driving around there area i had a half dozen magnetic signs with different mining company names on them that i would put on the doors.

I even had one set of anaconda copper company signs that i used 15 years after the company went out of business. (sold to ARCO in 1977)

No one ever questioned what i was doing every one just thought it was a mining company truck for a big mining company and forgot about it.

a white truck with company signs on the door is the perfect surveillance vechile.
www.worktruckonline.com...
no one ever pays attention to the 1000s on the road in any city in the US

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There are many surveillance vans for sale from private sellers too if you know where to look. They're packed full of listening devices and tracking screens.

The vans are usually a 90s model white van. However they are only used for surveillance, and you wouldn't need several of them all listening to the same thing. They'd have the one and behind it they'd have the sedan.

The ones who purchase them are private investigators.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This story reminds me of the movie "Escape to Witch Mountain". The brother and sister communicated via esp and could also move objects using telekinesis. They were followed and kidnapped so the dastardly thugs could harness their special powers.

Note the White Van!!

BTW the movie is being remade and will star none other than the ROCK. Do you work for the movie company?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Wasn't "huge white vans". It was white trucks, or more accurately, minivans and/or SUVs. Why those? Good question. The following tactics by that group are as described, and I would assume they communicated. Neither person followed was doing anything criminal; quite certain of that.

As for being "obvious", not "being" any way, just stating things as they happened. If I were making it up, the details would make sense. That they don't, yet this is real, is the mystery.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Exactly. No one would believe this if it was reported. Thus, it wasn't. Nothing ever happened as a result, as far as either party knows. However, none of the vehicles had signs on them. As stated before, not the best techniques. I could do better with one other vehicle and a couple of cell phones, and not get spotted, either.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Ok, now that is an angle. Private investigators. But again that raises the WHY? As far as anyone knows, including those involved, these people aren't interesting enough for that much attention. Some private group would make sense in a lot of ways, though.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I love that book (and HATE the movie!!). In fact, that and the little family traits are the only connection anyone has been able to make. Still, these people are not orphans, and in fact can trace roots back pretty far, on one side of the family tree. The other side is a bit of a mystery. Yeah, yeah, I know. Books aside, though, in the real world, would it be possible for someone to not know they carried some similar heritage, and for some other people to know? How would you even research such a thing???

Note, too, the ideas in that book are remarkably similar to Zenna Henderson's "People" books.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

On the new movie (missed that part before), I have seen a single preview, and am really HOPING that they have stuck with the actual story this time, and we won't get another joke like the first one. And no, I don't work for any movie company. I'm a stay-at-home mom these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Another idea is that maybe those that are following you want you to see them and know it's happening?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sorry yes by vans I meant what you said. Here in Australia our ute is your truck, etc, so it's just a "translation" error I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I have not encountered said white vehicles recently because I have not been out. I have been able to pull some research from other places though. I'll include links.

Out of nowhere, a white truck came barreling on our tails. Scared someone heard us talking about running out of gas we decided to call 911 for emergency help. The police decided they could not find our location and so we just hung up and drove hoping our gas would last us to our destination.
paranormal.about.com...

Police are investigating a white van or SUV that pulled into driveways of several southwest suburban homes Wednesday.
Read full story from WBBM-AM Chicago
www.topix.com...

New van incident reported
Woman offered ride
A strange man in a white van approached a University of Georgia student as she attempted to cross South Milledge Avenue early Wednesday morning, but police haven't connected the report with a man who abducted three women in recent months.
www.onlineathens.com...

A MYSTERIOUS white van seen near the spot where little Sarah Payne vanished may hold the key to tracking down her killer, police said yesterday.
www.highbeam.com...

I'm not sure of the dates or places of above articles but there are plenty more. From these few I can gather that whenever a white van/box truck is involved it is not good. I also recall the claims of a white box truck being involved in the beltway sniper case. If you remember people were claiming that a white box truck was seen on more than one occasion.

For the public, as well as for law enforcement agencies throughout the region, this was a major change from the mysterious “white box truck” earlier sought ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

The immediate obsession with white box trucks – and later, white vans – repeatedly obscured what later turned out to be solid leads. ...
articles.latimes.com/2002/oct/27/nation/na-tictoc27

One of my own stories of a strange white truck incident plays out like this. I had just got off work at 7:00 am. Worked the midnight shift. I was beat. On my way to my car a co-worker jogged up and asked if I could give him a lift because his wife was not able to pick him up. I agreed. We drove into the heart of a pretty rough neighborhood as I followed his directions and it had me unnerved. I had to drive out of this place and I'm not too familiar with the terrain. As I carefully navigated the narrow streets while trying not miss the directions being relayed a large box truck passed in front of us at an intersection. On the side it said SNACKS in large black letters. The driver wore a ball cap and sun glasses. The first thing that came to my mind was raid because of the area. I mentioned that I thought it was strange and that it looked like someone was about to be raided to the passenger and he laughed and I laughed and we made it to his place. I dropped him off and made my way home. Not even thinking about the white truck thing. As I turned off the highway and into my town the same vehicle I saw before, with the large SNACK lettering, passed by me on my left. I thought it was strange but never really thought about it. The distance I traveled was significant. About 45 minutes away. Believe me I would not even mention this event if I thought there was a chance it could be a vendor making rounds. The tires were way too new and were, how could I say, for off road applications? The whole thing was just too much over kill for it to be a vendor. Anyway that is just one time I could remember a strange white vehicle.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Well, that's a possibility, but the way I heard this, those being followed got the distinct impression that the one group did NOT want them to know. The second group didn't seem to care, but they also were a bit more threatening, and those followed had some concern about what would happen if they didn't shake that bunch.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Ah, well, a lot of times, people here call minivans vans as well. In any case, the distinction is important, since a full-size van could easily hold a lot of equipment, but these were more passenger vehicles. The whole thing was quite odd.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Ok, now that is an angle. Private investigators. But again that raises the WHY? As far as anyone knows, including those involved, these people aren't interesting enough for that much attention. Some private group would make sense in a lot of ways, though.

Maybe the person who told this story is either making it up or overly paranoid. I highly doubt that some random person would be followed by a fleet of vehicles...as you said above. They just are not interesting enough. Unless you are not telling us something, like maybe these friends of yours are knee deep in some very shady business.

I worked for a private investigation firm. They do not use a fleet of vehicles. Personal vehicles are used.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Last note: The "white truck" group seemed non-threatening, while the other group seemed quite dangerous. In one case, the pair being followed were at an intersection, and noted two sports cars, one from each direction, both convertibles, approach, saw the drivers, both young males, talking to each other on cell phones, actually look at each other, and gesture to the pairs' vehicle, then, when the pair turned, both those cars burned rubber to follow, and the driver of the targeted car had to really speed and negotiate some fast turns and the like to shake the pursuit.

Maybe they were having issues with each other. Or wanted to race. I have seen it numerous times.

I see absolutely NOTHING unusual about this scenario.

Paranoid is what I think your friends are or seriously pulling your leg. Friends can be dishones too.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Well, the first of the stories you linked to, and your own, seem to fit well into the stuff I have mentioned here. The other stories are interesting, yet the seem to be more standard crime-related tales. I have seen similar ones with vehicles other than white as well. Still, some criminal enterprise can't be ruled out. In the case of the group NOT in the white vehicles, something like that seems quite likely, as there was a clear feeling of threat from those drivers. There, I could maybe believe some abduction was planned or something. With the exception of the time involving two sports cars, these random ones were always acting alone. With the others, the white SUV/minivan types. following for months in a series of vehicles, you have to wonder why no action as ever taken.

Appreciate the links, in any case. With these people, nothing has, as far as I know, happened in quite some time.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Maybe the person who told this story is either making it up or overly paranoid. I highly doubt that some random person would be followed by a fleet of vehicles...as you said above. They just are not interesting enough. Unless you are not telling us something, like maybe these friends of yours are knee deep in some very shady business.

I worked for a private investigation firm. They do not use a fleet of vehicles. Personal vehicles are used.

Hello, fellow green-eyed person. I am 100% certain that this is NOT a made-up thing, or a case of paranoia. In the case of the non-white vehicles, I suspect some criminal intent, as these were almost always alone, and clearly menacing. Plus, this was two women out alone at night, so being targeted in such a fashion would not be unheard of in a large city. With the white vehicles, the coordination involved, and the lack of any overt threatening action, and the amount of time involved, all make something like that less likely. Not impossible, of course, just less likely.

I am also quite certain that neither of these people was involved with anything criminal or shady. I have known people that were, and know what to look for. In this case, I simply can't come up with a reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

In that case, it wasn't paranoia, and they were definitely NOT racing each other. They were obviously checking out the people in question, and went to some effort to follow them. These people were not being paranoid, and they weren't lying. Both are quite aware of what a couple of guys racing looks like, and this wasn't it. I actually witnessed this incident myself. No question, those fellows were following the car. In that case, as stated previously, I suspect it was some planned criminal activity, and not connected to the other business. Such things do happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join