It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immanuel Velikhovsky - Worlds in collision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.knowledge.co.uk...

IV has been ridiculized by a lot of "scientists".

I think it's useful today, to recall some claims of IV which have been decades after, been prooved right :

- 1) Venus is HOT. Wasn't supposed to be. IV told it.

- 2) Mars had WATER, large amount of water on it's surface. Was flooded then water disappeared, to remain only as subterranean ICE. This was confirmed by Mars Explorer, IV told it.

- 3) Some wellknown authors (first name : Zeccharia ...) have looted IV's statements of the "war" between Mars and Venus, without naming IV's claims. A large part of W.I.C. is focalized on that. Mars lost it's water and atmosphere when came in contact with Venus.

- 4) The "Electric Universe" was first stated by IV

And so on ... ( Reinterpretation of the Bible, of the Egyptian history, etc ...)

I think it's impossible, to day, not to consider WIC as largely plausible and a really thundering revelation.
Therefore, looking forward on the coming days, should be made with an eye on IV's work.

Any opinion ?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by orkson]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yes, i remember being huge fan of Velikovsky. But the problem i found with his theory is that his description of cataclysms during recorded history period is not supported by archaeological/geologist finds. So his books, while presenting his theories in convincing and interesting manner, lack physical evidence. Worlds in collision did not stand alone, it was just one of his books that all were supposed to present single theory.
And the fact that his education was medical one, not connected to astrophysics is also problematic. He was very talented individual though, of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I first read Worlds in collision over thirty years ago, I remember coming home from the book shop around tea time on a Saturday. I made coffee and went upstairs to my loft room, I could not put this book down, I was still reading at 8.30 the following morning!
A truly amazing book, as are his other works, I have most of them, and would urge everyone on ATS to read them, it will change the way you think and help you to 'solve' many 'mysteries'.

Fascinating subject,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

join