It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British colonel 'passed Afghan casualty secrets to female friend'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

British colonel 'passed Afghan casualty secrets to female friend'

www.timesonline.co.uk

A senior British Army officer has been arrested in Afghanistan for allegedly supplying civilian casualty figures to a female human rights campaigner he is said to have befriended.

Lieutenant-Colonel Owen McNally, 48, was held on suspicion of breaching the Official Secrets Act. The Ministry of Defence said that the officer was being sent back to the UK for questioning, where his case has been referred to the Metropolitan Police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Although the war in Afghanistan has my full support, it's really shocking that also the war in Afghanistan is being censored. I'm glad to see there are still honest people around who dear to tell the truth. It's really pitiful to see what our society has become. The government should be there to protect us, instead they are all corrupt and lie for their own personal interests.

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I thought the war in Afghanistan was all just a ploy to build the Haliburton pipeline across the country?? Something like that that made sense from Michael Moore's documentary....

I tend to agree with a theory like this (though it is very evil)...so I guess keeping the amount of Blood for Oil secret is in their best interests as not to anger the masses further.

Truly you are right, it is pitiful to what our society has become.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Although the war in Afghanistan has my full support, it's really shocking that also the war in Afghanistan is being censored. I'm glad to see there are still honest people around who dear to tell the truth. It's really pitiful to see what our society has become. The government should be there to protect us, instead they are all corrupt and lie for their own personal interests.

www.timesonline.co.uk

If you agree with bush on the Invasion of Afghanistan than you really lack knowledge of the issue. What was the purpose behind the invasion? 9/11, Osama Bid Laden would be your first answer, but let's not forget that Osama Bin Laden was only suspected of having involvement in the attacks, you invade a country because of having suspicions.

Heck If the world ran based on those laws, it would be in a worst situation that today. If you say to an Afghan that you agreed on the invasion he would hook you in the face, because he would be angry, they all lost relatives, do you even know how many tones of bombs were dropped? But than who gives a damn. Can you name any one innocent individual who was murdered by the American Jets, Missiles, Tanks, Guns.... Hey you guys have anniversary for your losses in 9/11 attacks but what about the Afghanis, you killed them so shouldn't you be responsible in remembrance that they were innocent and that they were murdered just like the innocence at 9/11?

Any ways stars and flaggs cause it's a good discussion.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

If you agree with bush on the Invasion of Afghanistan than you really lack knowledge of the issue.

Although I highly doubt the American motives were less noble than they pretended, the Taliban is one of the worst terrorist groups existing these days. They had suppressed the Afghan people for long enough and therefore I support the efforts to kill all of them.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If you agree with bush on the Invasion of Afghanistan than you really lack knowledge of the issue.

Although I highly doubt the American motives were less noble than they pretended, the Taliban is one of the worst terrorist groups existing these days. They had suppressed the Afghan people for long enough and therefore I support the efforts to kill all of them.

Sorry for diverting the thread to a different direction.

Any ways, firstly I'm an Afghan who lived in Afghanistan.

Secondly I would strongly recommend you not using the word terrorist or terrorism when refering to any individual or group of people because it is a word of propaganda. If you do than I can also use it to simply claim that the whole Western civilization are terrorists and they all deserve to die. I can prove my statement, because the word I'm using is a word of propaganda. Ask me to prove it if you want to go in that direction.

Taleban was the official government of Afghanistan, just because the laws they implemented in Afghanistan was different to the US doesn't mean they are bad people. Infact Afghans follow those laws, it comes from their religion. Plus if Afghans got sick of it they could have slowly, from within change the laws and regulations. No need for invasion and massacre of thousands of enocent civilians.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The UNOCAL consortium wanted to run the pipelines across Afghanistan and were dealing with the Taliban leadership, who even visited the US for talks...in Texas I believe, whilst GWB was still governor. They were not considered evil terrorists then, they were potential partners and even at that time Bin Laden was supposedly in Afghanistan.
The US / UNOCAL tried stiffing the Taliban over tariffs and the talks broke down and the rest, as they say, is history.

That nice Mr. Karzai, installed as Afghanistan's Prez was also the UNOCAL rep on the ground. Mmmmmm...sounding fishy yet?

Unfortunately, it's all taking a lot longer than expected to quell uprisings and opposition to invasion, something the people of Afghanistan have been doing for centuries.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Taleban was the official government of Afghanistan, just because the laws they implemented in Afghanistan was different to the US doesn't mean they are bad people. Infact Afghans follow those laws, it comes from their religion. Plus if Afghans got sick of it they could have slowly, from within change the laws and regulations. No need for invasion and massacre of thousands of enocent civilians.

You are funny 'if Afghans got sick of it, they could have slowly, from within change the laws and regulations'. You are either brainwashed or a Taliban supporter. The majority of Afghans is terrified of the Taliban and they could by no means change anything about the power of these terrorists. I will be happy when all of these scumbags are killed by our brave troops.

This says enough
Source

Source

A young survivor of a Taliban massacre in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar last week says those killed were all innocent civilians.

The survivor, a 17-year-old named Shukrullah, told VOA the Taliban ambushed the bus filled with people traveling to Pakistan to be smuggled into Iran - where they hoped to find work.

He said the Taliban took about 30 passengers off the bus and executed them. He said he was shot several times and after the insurgents left, he managed to find an Afghan army unit that took him to a hospital.

Taliban militants hanged a teenager in southern Afghanistan because he had U.S. money in his pocket, and they stuffed five $1 bills in his mouth as a warning to others not to use dollars, police said Monday. Taliban militants elsewhere killed eight police.

KABUL - Ignoring an international outcry, Afghanistan's puritanical Taliban Islamic militia began demolishing statues across the country on Thursday, including two towering ancient stone Buddhas.

Taliban Minister of Information and Culture Qudratullah Jamal told AFP the destruction of scores of pre-Islamic figures, designed to stop the worshipping of "false idols," had begun throughout the country.

KABUL, Afghanistan - The number of students and teachers killed in Taliban attacks has tripled in the past year in a campaign to close schools and force teenage boys to join the Islamic militia, Afghanistan's education minister says.

Such a nice people right? How dear I calling them terrorists.

By the way are you living in Afghanistan?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The UNOCAL consortium wanted to run the pipelines across Afghanistan and were dealing with the Taliban leadership, who even visited the US for talks...in Texas I believe, whilst GWB was still governor. They were not considered evil terrorists then, they were potential partners and even at that time Bin Laden was supposedly in Afghanistan.
The US / UNOCAL tried stiffing the Taliban over tariffs and the talks broke down and the rest, as they say, is history.

That nice Mr. Karzai, installed as Afghanistan's Prez was also the UNOCAL rep on the ground. Mmmmmm...sounding fishy yet?

Unfortunately, it's all taking a lot longer than expected to quell uprisings and opposition to invasion, something the people of Afghanistan have been doing for centuries.

The uprising is there, you just don't hear it in the Western news. Why else do you think they want to send more and more soldiers.

Unlike the Russians, the Americans are locking up all Imams who they think might turn against them and customly installing Imams all over Afghanistan so they wouldn't call for Jihad. People one by one can't do much since they are obliged to follow their Imams, but it is obviouse from the news I get that people are getting more and more frustrated.

Regular people who have nothing to do with Taliban are taking weapons from them and fighting. From what I hear, Karzai's time is up because American generals are sick of him, he is becoming too much of a nationalist and disregarding American orders. He is asking help from Russia, I find it surprizing that he even has the balls to do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You are funny 'if Afghans got sick of it, they could have slowly, from within change the laws and regulations'. You are either brainwashed or a Taliban supporter. The majority of Afghans is terrified of the Taliban and they could by no means change anything about the power of these terrorists. I will be happy when all of these scumbags are killed by our brave troops.

You are even funnier, firstly the Taliban, who are they, in your little reality you might be thinking they are the aliens who came from another dimension, invaded Afghanistan and implemented these laws. Taleban are the people of Afghanistan, if you believe that the people of Afghanistan can't change the people of Afghanistan than you are far, far away from reality. Too much FOX news. America who is not the people of Afghanistan, who doesn't know anything about the people of Afghanistan can't change anything, and trust me they will end up like Russia.

This says enough
Source

Source

A young survivor of a Taliban massacre in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar last week says those killed were all innocent civilians.

The survivor, a 17-year-old named Shukrullah, told VOA the Taliban ambushed the bus filled with people traveling to Pakistan to be smuggled into Iran - where they hoped to find work.

He said the Taliban took about 30 passengers off the bus and executed them. He said he was shot several times and after the insurgents left, he managed to find an Afghan army unit that took him to a hospital.

OK firstly you need to know that Taliban is not as organized as the American army, you get what I mean? You can't even compare the two infact. American army the best in the world, Taliban from the poorest country in the world. Anyways taking that in to consideration, you have to remember who Taliban are? They are normal people, some are angry, some are just radicals, some are farmers, some nationalists who don't want anyone else to tell them how to run their own country and some are crazy.

For you to bring certain ruthless acts of certain individual Taliban doesn't at all justify calling the whole group terrorists? OK read this part carefully, if I generalise the American people as a group I could also call them terrorists, why? because of all the massacres they have commited in their own country, hence "Virginia Tech massacre". The difference is that Taliban is from the poorest country of the world, they have no organization, they were still fighting a civil war, they recruited any individual who looked to be a good Muslim. Taliban couldn't punish these individuals who did these crimes, and they were crimes under the Taliban regimes. They couldn't punish because of the lack of organization, the lack of controle... bla bla bla.

Now let's post something comparable to the Taliban actions:

raped the teenager and killed her and three relatives at her home south of Baghdad.

The problem with this is that there was no survivors, the poor little girl was raped probably in front of her family for all we know, and killed. Can I call all American soldiers terrorists? Yes I can if I generalize like you are.

When U.S. warplanes strafed [with AC-130 gunships] the farming village of Chowkar-Karez, 25 miles north of Kandahar on October 22-23rd,killing at least 93 civilians, a Pentagon official said, "the people there are dead because we wanted them dead." The reason? They sympathized with the Taliban1. When asked about the Chowkar incident, Rumsfeld replied, "I cannot deal with that particular village."2

Could that be a justification that the whole American army is terrorist and they should all be killed, hey since there is American army in America we should bomb the hell out of America too and kill thousands of innocent Americans. Who knows you son, your dad, your mom, your brother sister could be one of the dead. Would you accept it? But ofcurse not, you are just acting biased.

"a US bomb flattened a flimsy mud-brick home in Kabul on Sunday blowing apart seven children as they ate breakfast with their father. The blast shattered a neighbour's house killing another two children …..

Yes biased...

Such a nice people right? How dear I calling them terrorists.

By the way are you living in Afghanistan?

Just like their is police brutality in America the same existed in Afghanistan, just like certain people especially black people are scared of the police in America the same went in Afghanistan. Fear exists in all societies but if you study alittle more about what went on in Afghanistan under the Taliban, when corruption was completely demolished, when crime was at it's lowest, when murder was at it's lowest... bla bla

No, we ran away to New Zealand as soon as we heard the American's were coming with their M16s. Lucky us, we could have been turned in to ashes. Some of my relatives have been turned in to ashes but ofcurse in your little world it is acceptable as long as the Media says so.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
wonderful absolutely wonderful that some one has the honour to do this!

it shows you how dishourable many of the power players are,nothing but a band of liers.

the fact that they can hide the casualty figures and its not a crime,yet some one who tells the truth and it is a crime...... pretty much sums up the world at the moment,the wrong non humans are in power.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

the taliban were created by the pakistani intelligence services and still are supported and funded by them.

most of the people who fight for the taliban are un educated,poor youngmen who are taken advantage of and manipulated into fighting.

i believe many of them to be brainwashed,they are victims of the power players who cause all these conflicts.

the more you fight a civilian population such as they the more justification the real criminals the power players have to justify thier position that we must fight the invaders,thus the more poten thier recruitment numbers become.....
it is not for us to sort out an afghani and pakistani problem,we cant....our presence actually causes more conflict as we are the invaders to them,its impossible for us to do it,have we not learned that yet from the history of 20th centuary warfare?

the real enemy are those who created the taliban,pakistani intelligence at the behest of those on control of the depopulation agenda,and those who stoke the embers of the war.....the powerful islamist leaders,their underlings are brainwashed pawns who can hardly read,the only way for them and for us is hearts and minds,education and re consileration.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by welivefortheson]

top topics

join