It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Question you were asked you can't forget.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Alright everybody we have a stupid question thread now. What is one stupid question you was asked that you remember.

I was buying a Metallica box set \,,/ (^ _^) \,,/ Witch ran about 100 buckaroos, When I get up to the register the guy asked me if I was a Metallica fan. Then a priceless moment happens he hangs his head and has that kick me in the ass look and says nevermind stupid question.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Back when Ike was churning his way through the gulf of mexico and headed for Houston I was working with a skeleton crew to keep service going up to the point the hurricane hit. The day before Ike got there I was talking to a few others at work and we were talking about loss of power, downed lines, bottled water, cooking fuel and so on. The concensus was to have at least 14 days worth of food and water because loss of service to 5 million people would take weeks to recover.
A lady that worked in that office had been listening to our conversation and said,"So, should we totally, like, go to Wal-Mart?"

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Stupidest Question I was ever asked was:

"Is any question ever really stupid?"

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont' necessarily believe that someone make light conversation or a question that is a segway to conversation is a stupid question.

There is really nothing stupid about someone showing interest in you. And I don't think people should be penalized for it.

Don't complain that people don't talk to each other anymore.

*gets off soapbox*

that being said.

In my line of work I get a lot of stupid questions.
I work for the local health department.

No I don't pick up dead squirrels. Yes I know you pay taxes. I pay taxes too. We would have to hire 100 people to pick up all the dead squirrels.
(affluent area, rich people can't handle anything remotely unpleasant)

You built a house near a 200 year old pig farm and you want us to do something about the smell?
Didn't you smell it when you looked at the property?
Yes, but you thought it would go away.

NO you can't get rabies from a guinea pig.

No I don't have any *in* to get you hooked up to public water.

My favorite is a cute favorite. I sample wells for a living. We check for bacteria because there are not supposed to be bacteria in wells.

Some homeowner left their poor teen home to deal with me. He answered the door and looked puzzled. I told him who I was and was gonna test his well for bacteria. He looks at me for a minute thinking hard and goes: Do you want to take it from the toilet?

More like stupid actions. some redneck gets bit by an animal they want tested for rabies, but then they skin it.

Or someone feeds 14 strays and gets bit by one and doesn't know which one it is. So all poor 14 animals have to be put down.

Please stop touching the rabid animals.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here is a stupid question.

Nerbot, is your signature from Close Encounters? That is cool. Where did you get that?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Someone asked me before if you had to rewind DVD's after watching them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes it is and I made it wiv my brain and my compooter.

...nerb

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have a neighbour that kept asking me questions about what kind of computer she should buy, what a hard drive is, how much ram she should get, etc...
All valid questions, kinda to the point of being annoying.

She buys a pretty good machine after a few weeks of questions, but then came the stupid one.

She calls me and says it doesn't work, how do I turn it on ?

I go over and take a look, she had set everything up and all the cords were in the right place.
Her only mistake was that she forgot to plug it in.:shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
But the good thing about the stupid questions are once the feeling of choking the life out of the people who asks is it is rather funny. Thanks for contributing all.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yesterday I was with a friend in a Wal-Mart in the checkout. It was a cold day out and I was wearing a baseball type cap (Black) and in big letters on the frint in silver thread were the words "Star Trek".

Dumb question from clerk: "Geee, I'll bet I know what movie your looking forwards to seeing this summer?"

(chuckle)

In all honesty, I'm kinda torn about the new movie. Too many changes for my taste. But I'm holding off on judgment until I see it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I once worked at an Olive Garden as a waiter. One evening a lovely couple I was serving asked me the most horrible question.
As I brought them their Salad the woman asked me to bring them another one, but without the veggies this time.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

wtf a salad with no veggies. I think you got the best one of all so far.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I remember years ago going into a record shop, choosing something and taking it to the counter to pay and the geek serving me chuckled and said "you still listening to this old stuff then?".

I chuckled back and said "yeah,you still working part-time in a seedy record shop then?"..lol

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Fast food sales assistants ask some doosies sometimes. It is like the only thing they know is sell sell sell, regardless of what the customer says.

Last time I was inside.

'Can I get a [insert burger name here]. Just the burger, no meal, no sides. JUST THE BURGER'.

'So, thats one mega uber burger combo with supersize'?

Ok, not word for word, but the same idea. I specifically, several times over, ask for a single burger. And they still tell me I should be having the mealdeal.

If i wanted suggestions i'd go to Jenny Craig. I just want my damn burger.

top topics

join