You can't fill a quart with a gallon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That I cannot subscribe to. I respect and use the scientific method, but the scientific establishment is as corrupt as any other big hierarchical structure of humans, and cannot be trusted to provide truth, imho. Not to mention they suffer from an almost terminal case of confirmation bias which leads them to drop valuable data if it dosen't correspond to the dominant theory of the day.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think roy said it best

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I find it funny how the human race has turned from a struggle to survive to questioning the purpose of life.

"Reality is the common experience"- R&G Are Dead

It seems that what humans believe only creates meaning for man himself. It does not apply to anyone or anything other than him(her- for you feminists out there)self.

Everyone can grasp a temporary moment of "reality" and "truth," but we do not know whether or not it is the "perceived reality" or universal reality.

My reality is that man just has to live, and since we're intelligent beings, we can compare our lives to others' lives to create different standards.

No matter what situation I get into, I will know that I've experienced worst things in MY past and will experience worse in the future.

Let it be, Let it bee, Let it beeeeee, Let it be

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whatever your journey may be, wherever it takes you, I wish you peace.
Wonderful thread!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Dear OP, I was sincerely digging this post about your quest for enlightenment and such and about how important kindness is. Quite impressive.

Then in another discussion I read one of your responses to a thread (a tad wacky, I'll admit) by Young Stalin where you wrote:

"Slayer, is it just me or do people like this that make retarded ass backwards claims tick you off to?"

I'd say you have a little more work to do in the kindness department. Just sayin'.

Remember..........Karma is a boomerang.

regards...KK

[edit on 5-2-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is the real reason why I come to ATS, to read posts like yours, OP

Not only do they make me feel more hopeful for the world, they have more than anything taught me valuable lessons in life. I used to be very bitter and angry over the things I see wrong in this world but finally, I am starting to crack that wall and find my own inner peace. Wow, for some reason writing this simple paragraph brought tears to my eyes

Anyway, inner and outer peace for every living being on this planet!

Allison

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Ehhhhh... Yeah I have to agree with you kurious.

It just indefinetly bothers me when people make ridiculous claims that most anyone could consider off the wall.

However, I've talked with Stalin and told him my two cents. So I'd say we're perfectly fine with eachother, yeah he's off, but -- if he likes not making sense..... I guess more power to him?

Anyways.

Love and Light (what my mother used to say.)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by kinda kurious

Ehhhhh... Yeah I have to agree with you kurious.

It just indefinetly bothers me when people make ridiculous claims that most anyone could consider off the wall.

However, I've talked with Stalin and told him my two cents. So I'd say we're perfectly fine with eachother, yeah he's off, but -- if he likes not making sense..... I guess more power to him?

Anyways.

Love and Light (what my mother used to say.)

nobodys perfect right?
at least you can admit it. i'm not always the nicest either, but hat doesn't dismiss our gnuine intent in this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Can’t fill a quart with a gallon?
Your friend Joseph never met Sheyla Hershey!
(source)

size 38KKK. It took an entire gallon of silicon.

But for those of us fortunate enough to find something we actually enjoy, and can gain from, we become of a higher conscious. We constantly do this, everyday, in the smallest of events. A shed of a smile and one received, is gaining.

So, as strange as it may seem to me - this woman’s attempt at having the biggest bazoombas on earth - it’s what she’s chosen to make her - complete. What she enjoys. What she gains from. Maybe even she gets into a higher conscience from it (them).

Your friend Joseph told you his way to gain enlightenment.
I hope he emphasized it was/is HIS way.
To try to tell someone how to find enlightenment, in my opinion, is the first and foremost way to put up a huge brick wall right in the path of them finding it.

Example, why should you have to stop smoking and drinking to find enlightenment?
Sure, it isn’t good for you, but, it wasn’t good for Hemmingway either, and he found a good deal of the enlightenment he was looking for.

My point being - the search for enlightenment IS enlightenment.
Your search will open you to possibilities, wipe out those preconceived *brick walls* of *oh I have to be this, or do that, or stop this, or start that* to gain enlightenment - because some priest, monk, minister, friend said so.

NO!
Follow your own path - your own inner voice.
Sure, take into consideration what other people tell you - but remember - that is THEIR path, not necessarily yours.
So follow what your inner heart tells you to do - get in touch with that *inner being* - and listen to that.
If you want enlightenment, just the wanting is sometimes enough, from there if you listen to your heart, the rest falls into place.

peace

[edit on 6-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or trying to make a point that what I said was irrelevant.

Joseph helped me agree with what I believed for myself, not believe what he believed.

Help is far from a bad thing, when someone has something positive to say and it helps you accomplish what ever your goal is, then by all means consider it, and if you find it fit use it so you can do whatever it is you're looking to do.

However, if that girls breasts being humongous is what she's looking for to make her feel confident everyday, I say that's a perfectly fine realization. However, I do not believe that it necessarily makes her more concious.

My own belief is that if someone is uncomfortable with their own physical appearance, then they need to do some soul searching FIRST, then attempt to change their apperance to match their concious.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Also, my monk friend didn't tell me I had to do anything. Do not confuse advice and religion.

He never ONCE told me I had to do ANYTHING, he told me that pursueing certain thoughts could lead to deception.

Read what I said. I am only repeating certain things that he said, that he handed down as advice, not as a rule or religion.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Some awesome morsels of wisdom in your post. A star from me Silo13.
( Notwithstanding the woman with the gargantuan self-inflicted SCUBA gear.)

I think the OP would gain much by simply taking in all the insightful responses his wonderful thread has spawned. But alas, he is young and still a "Grasshopper." I believe he is following the right path especially if only 20. Inquisitive yet a tad cocky. Great traits.

An excellent thread nonetheless. A good reminder.

Back on topic, there was another recent thread along these lines with some sage bits of enlightenment. It was the "Wisdom vs. Knowledge" thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

As you implied Silo13, the journey itself is as important as the destination.

regards...KK

[edit on 6-2-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join