It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't fill a quart with a gallon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So, I see alot of people on ATS that aren't acknowledged, not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but people don't always take their context into consideration.

There is alot of intelligent users on this forum, and I'm happy to meet them, even if I don't agree with what they have to say. I know that their points can be just as valid as mine, and from time to time I may be wrong and they may be to.

Everyone should have a genuine belief, whatever it may be. Everyone should be able to indulge in something, and fill their brain up with something that sparks their interest. Some people aren't able to do this, they'd rather be glued to a tube, or waste their lives away on drugs.

But for those of us fourtanate enough to find something we actually enjoy, and can gain from, we become of a higher concious. We constantly do this, everyday, in the smallest of events. A shed of a smile and one recieved, is gaining.

But there are some people that simply refuse to live like this, and they wish only to take, and use what they know against other people. This comes in all forms, science, religion, strength, ego etc.

When you typically only find pleasure in taking from someone, trying to destroy or mold whatever it is they believe, then you are at fault. Share your theory, share your science, share your religion. Do not force upon others that believe what they wan't to believe. They may very well be wrong, but if being wrong in our eyes is what makes them happy, let them do so, and do not become angered by it.

I recently shared a very deep conversation with a monk friend of mine, he's helped me throuh my trials I've had to deal with in the past year. Given my mental condition (bipolar), it was very hard for me to cope with reality at one point in my life awhile back especially when I stumbled upon ATS, it flared my mind into a downard spiral.

After my episode, I had to fight my way back to what I was like the past 18 years of my life before the incident, I struggled with severe depression. It took almost every ounce of belief for me to pull myself out of that hole I buried myself in. After awhile I beat it. When I was getting to the end of my battle, I had met my monk friend, who works for Social Services, and he had gaven me a few pointers some 4-5 months back. He told me he saw great potential in me, as he does probably everyone he meets, but the difference is when I grabbed that ball some time after our first meeting, I ran with it.

So here I am, my life has been more chaotic but yet I made choice to stand outside of this conflict, and achieve a higher state of being and not in some way where I know everything, in a way that allows my depression to stay to a minimum, and help my family with everything they're going through as I am the only person able to at this time.

I met with Joseph my monk friend this last Tuesday, and we shared a very good conversation with me.

You can't fill a quart with a gallon.

I had told him that I recently had came upon what I perceived as spiritual/metaphysical enlightenment. It led me to a higher understanding of this realm.

I explained to him that I had talked with a certain individual, which I could tell was completely enlightened and knew more than I knew, and I wanted to know everything he knew. But yet, it backfired on me and caused me to have an anxiety attack.

That's when he told me you can't fill a quart with a gallon.

Joseph is in his mid 40s, I'm 20.

I told him that I know he knows more than he could possibly explain to me, at this given time. He smiled and nodded. So we proceeded to talk about metaphysical reality.

He explained to me the tangibility of reality. He said that the imagination is the most powerful force. He explained to me whatever you focus on, it will become real. If you focus on conspiracy, fear, etc, it will become real yet *it is not*. He explained to me it's the same vice versa, by me currently focusing on positivity in my life and good things, I will head down a path that will bring me positivity.

He also explained to me, that us as humans need to do what we have to do regardless of the outcome, because if you focus on why you have to do something and what the end result is/could be, you are focusing on the wrong part of life. The goal of life from what I gathered from our conversation, is the following...

We must do what we must do, Responsibility.
But we must never forget what is most important, our well-being.
However, we must not fall into the hands of control.
We must never control another, we may only control ourselves.
Serenity is at the tip of our fingers, we must learn to believe this.
When we know that serenity is at the tip of our fingers, enlightenment will follow.

I explained to him, that I know that alcohol and tobacco are my physical magnets.

He told me that with knowing what I know now and following the road I'm following, I will break the habits. He explained to me also, that I must not directly focus on trying to beat these things, but follow through with the way life will shape itself around me in the future.

At which point I have lost my physical debilitators, found natural serenity, and solidified my health, I know I will have reached enlightenment.

The reason I write this post, is because I think some people might find it useful in their own lives. You don't need to take it to heart that what I'm saying is a key to enlightenment, but there is some pretty neat ideas that my friend helped me with.

I hope I help someone with this.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
S and F.

You sound as if you have turned a big corner in your understanding of reality and life in general. Keep asking questions. Keep seeking.

If you have a choice between being right or being kind - choose kindness.

PEACE

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

That's the route I'm headed down. I know I have alot of work to do before I can reach my goals, but if I stay headed in this direction I will find some long unanswered questions that I've been looking for.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I knew you were a smrat guy by some of the things i read. I didn't always agree, but that's not necessary to respect someone is it? I'm glad you understand this, i wish i could believe that about 1/2 the folks i talk to here, but always hope and believe that one can turn their life around and begin the path to understanding.
My own personal path has been long and winding, with much turmoil and bad choices. Depression, anxiety, i feel you, i can definately relate. When my son was born 7 years ago, i told myself:
"Okay, you are no longer the most important person in your life, he is now. What are you going to do about it?"
I decided to drop the things that i enjoyed doing but that at the same time were destroying my credibility and decision making. Like you said, i did not focus on the quitting, instead i focused on why i did them to begin with while focusing and meditating on the desired outcome.
Indeed, we CAN shape our own reality. By desiring something we can make it so. So now, I have a new method when i prepare for something bad. Like yourself, i started getting anxiety attacks and had trouble sleeping after i discovered ATS. But now i have an excellent alternative to freaking out, and i can still prepare for the worst without shaping that paranoid idea into existance. I'll explaine, it's real easy, and i think you personally will like this Rev.
It's like this. You and I now know that we can make something so sometimes by merely thinking it, but our results are varied, how to prepare for the worst without manifesting your fears? Easy. Say for instance you are worried about 2012 and the horrible scenarios that go along with it. By all means build yourself a storm shelter, and stock it with a years worth of food, but while you are doing so, tell yourself this:
"I am building this storm shelter because it will increase the value of my home. I am buying all this canned food and water because after 2012 is over with, and nothing bad happened, i will give it all away to charity and will help many people."
Just think something positive while preparing for the negative, don't even allow your mind to consider the failure of your good plans. Tell yourself you will have a good laugh when you see the dumfouded smiles on the faces of the workers at Salvation army when you bring them a moving van full of canne food and water, and it will probably work that way! It may sound corny, but think positive!
I personally took something useful and uplifting away from your OP, and i hope my post does the same for you friend.
~publius

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I definetly like that mindset, it's very on par with my own. It's what my monk friend told me, do not be worried about the outcome of something, do it because you're doing it not because you are expecting something.

Also, I don't worry about 2012. I just honestly hope something will happen, because I'm tired of this world.... Honestly, we should of stepped up and changed our ways 10 years ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

cool on you, me too. I kinda figured by your name that you weren't worried about 2012, when i said you would like my idea, i meant just the idea, not the particular example. I hope something happens to change people's mindsets. Everyone is so damn wrapped up in the rat race that maybe they need a reminder of what we are living for.
I hope more folks come around to the idea that we make things happen, and then they will better understand the responsibility that goes along with that.
anyway, much respect, keep truthing!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Exactly.

There isn't a magical person cough cough JESUS cough that is going to fly down from the clouds and make everyone better and repent the world of sin and send sinners to a firey place of hell that doesn't exist.

Jesus and any other messiah would want us all to WORK on our own problems, and find out ways to deal with them and make better lives for a children and families. The first thing that needs to happen is murderers and rapeists need to be eliminated. I think that would be a great idea. No death row.

Just elimination.

Catch you on the next round.

Yeah, it's up to us to make this world better, nothing and no one else.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You should really see someone like Dr. Rufus Red. I have seen him cure bi-polar and wisdom teeth in one night.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Great post! Unfortunately many people have not learned what you have learned and will have to face the music, which is self examination and self judgment. That is really what these times are about from a spiritual perspective. Forget about if you are going to lose your job or if the government is going to fix the ills of this world. People need to think about how to mentally survive this by preserving their core beliefs that are grounded in truth and not falseness.

I applaud you for your recovery from bipolar. It can be managed without meds (prescription or otherwise) by self therapy - I too had to fall and overcome everything that the world is facing currently. It's going to be their turn. God help them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Though I disagreed with you on a recent thread, I commend you on your desire to achieve inner peace, and confront your demons. It takes some people a life time to eventually come to terms and face there problems. The fact that you are making a personal effort to better yourself, in light of bad circumstances in life will only make you stronger and wiser. Keep fighting the good fight and don't back down.
You have the power to control your own destiny if you wish.
Good luck REV

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hi there, it's nice to read something down to earth for a change, and yes, you cannot fill a quart with a gallon.

Luckily, the mind is a flexible thing and over time it's capacity grows..otherwise it can split, or condense what knowledge it has recieved into a non-comprehendable blob!

We need space within to think clearly and little hypothetical shelves to arrange things, especially the past, or everything is trying to grab our attention and.....pop!..the calm, methodical thoughs are flooded from all sides and things get tough.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Rev...Mad, Creative and Happy.

Peace....nerb

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone!!

I think that we can all learn to adjust to reality in a higher vibration so to speak, but it takes self-training(highfreq).

Also, everyone keep in mind I'm not downing anyone on their beliefs, wether it be religion or science, but I am promoting the fact that you have to find a center point where you can be happy!

A good tool to this is doing things regardless of the outcome, if you get yourself really excited about something that's going to happen, then once it does it's gone and done with and the excitement is over. A medium point is what we should learn to achieve, this is what will allow us to love and fine peace through all events, and useing love and peace is the ultimate tool. It can fend off even the toughest of times, and when you know someone that believes in love and peace(yes I'm a new-age hippy), then you are actually receiving their energy for free -- Just try not to deny it, be skeptical but also remember because one is peaceful it doesn't mean they're wrong by what they believe. Everyone should be equal and we should all be able to find our own peace one day.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I love this post. This is profound to inner growth big time. Many times people view our inner demons as something to go to war with. When one embraces them and accepts them instead of doing war with the self then and only then do they become quiet. Words are too cheap to use to describe the feeling of capturing balance for a little while.

S+F

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What group was your monk friend with. I only ask becasue Dr. Rufus Red lived with some monks for a while. Ask him if he knows Rufus.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungStalin

He use to live in Korea, I'm not sure what group, I'll have to ask him next time I meet with him.

I'm meeting with him again next week, he's very good with advice. I can see it in his eyes that he knows more than I could possibly understand and this given time.

He said I need to let my brain grow(metaphysically) before I can even begin to understand the true concepts and the inner spirituality that is possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Very good thread. It's not often these days that I feel like I've learned something which can help me along, everything seems so stagnated around me. But your post, especially on the merits and pitfalls of personal focus reads true, as does it on the materialization of thought, which seems to have gone into high gear for some reason.

Makes me realise I really need to shift my own personal focus somewhat, although to be fair to myself, I've been doing that for the last year or so, I'm just not there yet. Where? At my fingertips

Perhaps it's time to give ATS and conspiracy theories a rest and just move on?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've heard of this... focus determining reality. What we focus on and visualize will come into being.
For me that's kind of scary. I have a very hard time controlling my thoughts. So if this is true, I'm in deep do-do.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

More importantly, take them with a grain of salt.

When you focus on anything, it can become real to you. The most important thing is to find out what you wan't to be real, which is something that took me a year to do after coming on ATS. I realized after many moons that the truth is not what lies inside of others, it is what lies inside of yourself. I can only say that conspiracies and others principles are not what you should base yourself upon, find the peace within yourself, no matter what it be. It can be riding motorcycles, or writing. It can be anything, but once you find your own peace, then you can move forward and explore new ideas with a truth, and understand things in a completely seperate fashion.

Also, skepticism of anything, including your own beliefs is important. I strictly base my beliefs with my own understanding, and science. Science is true, and what science has been proven will never be false. So I do realize that in anything, you must believe two sides.

I admit to myself day to day, whatever it is that I expierence from time to time could be just a figment of my imagination, however, if my imagination makes me happy with myself, then I will pursue it.

Do not follow the darkness and evil, it will manifest within you and you will only be filled with hatered.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Science the method or science the establishment?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Establishment.

Therefore, I'm constantly skeptical of myself, but I remain in what I would consider a very peaceful conciousness, which I'd much rather have then not.

<<   2 >>

join