It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Doomsday seed vault" in Norway, eugenics and the "negro project"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Read that article and tell me what you think, yesterday i was wondering about that seed bank, it just seems a bit suspicious, specially when the Rockefeller Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation are the main ones funding it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This was on the UK News sometime ago and I thought then someting funny was going on then, but the news forgot to say that Rockefeller Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates were involed!
Good find very interesting, what do they know that we don't?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't personally find it out of the ordinary its similar to the Nordic Berry project, part of heritage and good to conserve a dwindling resource.
I think of it like a first aid kit, do I think Im going to get hurt? No, but its good just in case.

But of course it could be for something sinister, Im sure you heard of all the underground bases up north being built?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

This clever genetically engineered terminator trait forces farmers to return every year to Monsanto or other GMO seed suppliers to get new seeds for rice, soybeans, corn, wheat whatever major crops they need to feed their population. If broadly introduced around the world, it could within perhaps a decade or so make the world’s majority of food producers new feudal serfs in bondage to three or four giant seed companies such as Monsanto or DuPont or Dow Chemical.

That, of course, could also open the door to have those private companies, perhaps under orders from their host government, Washington, deny seeds to one or another developing country whose politics happened to go against Washington’s. Those who say ‘It can’t happen here’ should look more closely at current global events. The mere existence of that concentration of power in three or four private US-based agribusiness giants is grounds for legally banning all GMO crops even were their harvest gains real, which they manifestly are not.

This is a marvelous article. If this is true... Wow, just imagine the power they could wield.

en.wikipedia.org...

Possible advantages

Under warm, wet harvest conditions non V-GURT grain can sprout, which lowers the quality of grain produced. It is speculated that this problem would not occur with the use of V-GURT grain varieties.

Use of V-GURT technology could prevent escape of transgenes into wild relatives and prevent any impact on biodiversity. Crops modified to produce non-food products could be armed with GURT technology to prevent accidental transmission of these traits into crops destined for foods.

I found this on Wiki. These points weren't mentioned in the article. The advantages conferred, however, seem only applicable for already subsidized, large-scale farming operations; they are more likely than rural farmers to have a negative impact on biodiversity. The benefits gained by small-scale farmers just seem negligible for both the Rockefeller and Gates families to have invested so much for purposes of "emancipating the poor". I just don't know what to make of this. There's definitely a conspiracy there.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have wondered who will decide what seeds will be placed in the Vault e.g. GMO as well as Heritage seeds.

Here in New Zealand we have a private organisation called the Koanga Institute. For the past 25 they have been collecting heritage seeds from around NZ.

Koanga Institute

We've now been collecting and growing old fruit trees, vegetables, and flowers for 25 years. As we've come to know and love them we have become aware of their importance and their value in our lives and our future. They are the strongest seeds we have, with the widest genetic diversity, and have been developed over thousands of years to sustain and support human life.

In particular the seeds we have been saving are our own New Zealand Heirlooms, the seeds that have been saved by our own grandparents in the soil and climatic conditions of this land. These seeds are us.

Since 1920 we have lost around 90% of our vegetable seed, around 85% of the fruit varieties and our flowers are going fast. They are extinct, irretrievable. We are so concerned about this we have established a Charitable Trust called The Koanga Institute.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by linuxer
...it just seems a bit suspicious, specially when the Rockefeller Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation are the main ones funding it.

This is simply not true. The Rockefeller Foundation has only contributed 305.000 USD. Not that much, when we know that the UN has contributed 775.000 USD, and Lillian Goldman Charitable Trust has contributed 1.000.000 USD.

You can get see a list of all contributers and get your facts straight here:
www.croptrust.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I can't help thinking that with names like Monsanto and Rockefellers behind this, that they're just covering their behinds in case some of their technology like terminator seeds goes tragically wrong, and there are no more normal seeds left, except for the vaults.

I just cannot possibly trust any corporation that deliberately alters seeds in order to make them terminate after one harvest in order to gain a stranglehold over the food market. (I guess put like that, it's a total no-brainer)

I actually don't mind the idea of seed vaults, but think about this: who will have access to the seed vaults if something happened where the vaults needed to be opened? It won't be the average person, that's for sure. These sorts of things should be for the benefit of humanity, not Rockefeller & friends. And terminator seeds... are just wrong. They should be illegal. (end rant)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
star and flag for justice and survival OP!
This is real scary stuff, this deserves as much attention as it can get. The very idea of farmers, who work hard to feed us, getting duped into buying a seed that will only produce for one harvest is probably the most evil scheme i have ever heard of. If one truly thinks about this one will realize the implications that go along with this.
When considering something of this magnitude, issues like abortion rights, or UFO disclosure, seem insignificant. Get a garden going in yur backyard, and begin now to heal those seeds. It may take generations for nature to fix your seeds that might not produce as well 2 years from now, but i believe that time will fix those that are not of the "Terminator" variety. Also, consider boobytraping it, honestly. If a monopoly is cornered with all producing seeds, you and your garden would be considered a threat, and they just might bur nit to the ground. I don't know who "they" are of course, but it would seem logical to take steps against this, it's hard to do ANYTHING without food to eat.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

"This is a marvelous article. If this is true... Wow, just imagine the power they could wield. "

Imagine a world like Orson Scott Card envisioned in his later "Ender" books. A world where only specifically bioengineered flora and fauna can survive.

Chilling.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I disagree with everyone else.

I found the article tedious, quasi fictional and a barely concealed attempt to dig up dirt where there is none. Its just a list of tenuous connections from one group to the next, covered with a veneer of authority.

The author goes so far as to call molecular biology a "psedo-science", and in doing so proves how little he knows/ has researched the topic.

It sounds interesting at first glance, but the substance is bunk.

new topics

top topics

join