It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flatwoods Monster UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Anybody hear about this case before?

Im wondering if this really happened then what kind of Alien or robotic creature was it?

From the town of Flatwoods, of Braxton County, West Virginia, comes the mysterious tale of a burning craft which fell from the sky, and a mysterious being. The account began in the afternoon of September 12, 1952 when Sheriff Robert Carr and his Deputy Burnell Long received a call from witnesses who had seen the fiery object as it crashed into the earth. The unknown object had crashed on the Elk River, south of Gassaway. The natural assumption was that an airplane had faltered, and fallen from the skies. Not long afterward, a second unusual sighting was made by some school buddies at the Flatwoods School. Shortly before nightfall, four boys playing football saw something fall on a hill not far from the school playground.

The boys, at first frightened, succumbed to their youthful curiosity, and headed for the sight, which was on the property of one Bailey Fisher. They proceeded up the hill, stopping at the house of Kathleen May, excitedly telling her of what they had seen. Kathleen and her two sons joined the search party. Reaching the top of the hill, Mrs. May remarked that, the night was foggy and there was a mist in the evening air." " the air had a metallic smell which burned our eyes and noses." A dog was reported to have ran ahead of the group only to return with his tail between his legs, frightened by something.

Topping the hill, they could see a "glowing, hissing" object about 10 feet in diameter, about 100 yards away. Now completely dark, the night was shattered by two lights, about a foot apart. One of the boys had a flashlight, and when he turned it on the two distant lights, a creature ten foot tall appeared.." a bright red face, bright green clothing, a head which resembled the ace of spades, and clothing which, from the waist down, hung in great folds". Suddenly, the creature began to "float" toward them, sending the group running back down the hill to the May house, where they quickly called the Sheriff.

The boys also called some of their schoolmates, and when the Sheriff arrived, the scene of the event was full of locals, who had to see the creature for themselves. Reporter A. Lee Stewart, of the "Braxton Democrat," began interviewing witnesses of the unusual event. He would later state that all of the observers were extremely frightened by what they had encountered. Stewart, accompanied by one of Kathleen May's sons, made their way back to where the creature had been spotted. Approaching the sight, Stewart was overwhelmed by an odd smell, but saw nothing unusual. Returning to the exact spot the next morning, Stewart could observe "skid marks" where some object had been.

Sheriff Carr believed that the group had actually seen a meteor, or comet come to earth. Reaching the top of the hill, they had seen some local animal's eyes shining through the dark, which they mistook as a monster. This explanation, though plausible, did not explain all of the eyewitness reports. The night of the monster, and the next night brought new revelations of unusual things. A resident of Birch River testified that he had seen a "bright, orange" object circling overhead the Flatwoods area. A woman and her mother stated that they also had seen the tall creature, about eleven miles from the spot of the first sighting. Well known investigator John Keel would make observations from the Flatwood incident also. Keel found one more couple, who had observed the monster, and had also seen unusual objects over the area. The case was also investigated by naturalist Ivan Sanderson, who took soil samples, and eye witness reports. His findings were not made public. The 1952 events of Flatwwoods remain a mystery.

source/credits: Frank Feschino Jr. Author/Illustrator of:

The Braxton County Monster: The Cover-up of the Flatwoods Monster.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this story, and welcome to AboveTopSecret.com

Whenever you share something from some external source, in this case this one, you should be so kind to put it between the "external source" tag and a link to the source: i see that you correctly did put the credits though. It is also very important that you share your thoughts about the case. What do you think has happened, for example?

What do you think about the possible conventional explanations that were provided (I, for example, lol at them but it's just my opinion)?

Another time owls, recalls me of swamp gas and, more recently, chinese lanterns and venus
Poor owls i know they are hugly, but not so hugly to be mistaken for this

in this case and for this
in the Kelly-Hopkinsville one

Hugly yes, but shape-shifting not, heck!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Truth Project

Frank C Feschino Jr has written a couple of books on the subject of the Flatwoods Monster. The first one was "The Braxton County Monster" (2004), and the sequel "Shoot Them Down" (2007). I read the first one and not the second one (yet).
There are some discrepancies with the drawing of the creature, Internos. The drawing that was commonly shown was embellished by a TV show. The boys drew a similar robot and there were no "arms" on it.

The first book does mention a documented case in which a couple do see the actual alien. They described it as large and Reptilian in looks.

I recommend you go to the library and get the book, or order it through the library. Here is the link to Amazon for the books' publishing information:

Braxton County Monster:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233863245&sr=8-2

Shoot Them Down:

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233863245&sr=8-1

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Thank you for sharing this story, and welcome to AboveTopSecret.com

Whenever you share something from some external source, in this case this one, you should be so kind to put it between the "external source" tag and a link to the source: i see that you correctly did put the credits though. It is also very important that you share your thoughts about the case. What do you think has happened, for example?

What do you think about the possible conventional explanations that were provided (I, for example, lol at them but it's just my opinion)?

Another time owls, recalls me of swamp gas and, more recently, chinese lanterns and venus
Poor owls i know they are hugly, but not so hugly to be mistaken for this

in this case and for this
in the Kelly-Hopkinsville one

Hugly yes, but shape-shifting not, heck!

Thanks for the heads up still trying to figure out the HTML tags here and how to embed youtube lol.

I think this thing was most likely if true a Robotic probe. Did not strike me as organic but then again it could be some species were aren't familiar with given the 57 - 90 something species visiting our planet supposedly. Or it could have been a bio suit , this alien was a gas breathing creature from a totally alien atmosphere like venus.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
heres a link to the wiki of it:

en.wikipedia.org...

There are two entities associated with the Flatwoods Monster. The first was described as being a large pulsating red ball of light that hovered above or rested upon the ground. Ufologists believe that it may have been a powered craft that was piloted by the second entity.

Various descriptions of the second entity exist. Most agree that it was at least 10 feet tall and that it had a red face which appeared to glow from within, and a green body. Witnesses described the creature's head as having bulging, non-human eyes and as either being shaped like a heart/an Ace of Spades, or as having a large heart/Ace of Spades shaped cowling behind it. The creature's body was described as being man-shaped and clad in a dark pleated skirt; later described as being green. Some accounts record that the creature had no visible arms, while others describe it as having short stubby arms; ending in long claw-like fingers, which protruded from the front of its body.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The second picture looks like a Grey. But does anyone think it may be a higher ranking Grey?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The first time I read of the Flatwoods Monster case was a long time ago in the 1970s. I made the mistake of reading a UFO book which had the case in it at night. I terrified me then, and when I read Mr Feschino's book, I did so during the day!

The drawing shown on the TV show did not have arms, but probably was a protective suit for the occupant. Mrs May and the young witnesses are still shaken up when the remember that night. I do know that if I had seen something that terrifying, I would have nightmares for the rest of my life. That is something one does not forget. The books I have mentioned about the incident delve into what happened. One gets a good feel for the witnesses, and all the UFO sightings are detailed so the reader gets an idea of what happened. The book is very well researched, and Mr Feschino makes the case for a flying saucer/USAF fighter war going on. He details more in the sequel which I have yet to read.
One of the minor flaws of the first book is Mr Feschino does repeat himself a few times, but the material and the illustrations of the alien more than make up for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

They look like robots/androids. Not the aliens themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
omg they are the gods
still needs to be proven to me but i just saw a documantairy on youtube from another tread here on ats

vid of aintcient gods here's the vid

other ats topic

anyway this is a doc about the antiant gods and how they might be aliens
it's actually very plausible anyway in the doc the show for instance anctiant pictures carved in walls or painted in caves pictures of supossudly alians anyway to mutch deatail to go into right now

anyway my point is that a few of the alian images in the caves and in mayan and egyptian tombes and piramides enz enz look like the alian that are in the pictures of this post

who knows maybe they are returning

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
is nobody checking this tread anymore????

i'd love to see more oppinions

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This was covered tonight on Monsterquest. Anyone else catch it? From the "dramatic recreation" of the sightings all I can say is that thing would have scared the hell out of me.

The most recent sighting was 2004??

Edited to add a link to a previous ATS thread on said subject matter

Very interesting case. I encourage attention!

FOIA Sutton, West Virginia Monster Sighting

[edit on 10-3-2010 by TXRabbit]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
the last poster on previously mentioned ATS thread had the following to say

a couple of years a go, a similar creature was described by a Mexican police man in Monterrey, Mexico, but everybody here in Mexico calls them "witches" o "brujas". as long as I remember 4 sightings have happened with the same descriptions a a few videos have been recorded, I leave this link with english subtitles in order for you to check it out. the descriptions are given by police officers

I find this quite interesting in that the episode of MQ tonight mentioned one of the witnesses stating how the "thing" seemed to float or hover in a metallic "base" that it was sitting in.

In viewing some of the MX "witch" videos, it would seem that this creature can be quite mobile

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is on MonsterQuest tonight!, starts for me in a little over a half hour from now.

Called my Dad a little while ago to let him know it was on.

I am from Wva.. My Dad told me that story when I was a little girl. And every time we went on a fishing trip we had to go thru Flatwoods and I was scared pooless.. One night we even had to camp overnight in Flatwoods and we slept in the back of the station wagon. I woke up and thought I saw a face in the window and screamed and carried on so much that Dad started the car and we moved on - in the middle of the night.

I believe in the Flatwoods monster!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Please feel free to share your stories or your pop's insight on this. I (and hopefully others here) find this type of lore very interesting!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman discusses the Flatwoods Monster case:

Stanton Friedman describes his experience with Meeting Frank Feschino, Jr. and learning about the Flatwoods Monster case.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nice post! Never head about it!
But those old cases remind me the first alien/ufo movies!

Im not saying its fake, but it is intresting that cases like these havent happend anymore!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Friedman's comments are intriguing, however, notice at the end of the video who produced it? Hmmmm....

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Cole DeSteele - yes, Friedman's comments are intriguing -especialy the parts about blatant discrepencies in the sceptical 'investigation' and missing metal and liquid samples.

I also found it interesting that this incident occurred in 1952 which was probably one of the biggest UFO waves on record.

As for who produced the clip - I understand your point and yes it was Frank Feschino who is referred to in the interview - do you think because he produced it all of Stanton's points become null and void?

Also, if he had anything to hide then why would he put his name on the credits?

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I remember this case around the time it happened, I was pretty young at the time. Very interesting case.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c0f5d31e081.jpg[/atsimg]
Flatwoods Monster

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed49f7518464.jpg[/atsimg]
Flastwoods Witnesses 1952

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Aquarius1 - I agree this certainly is a very interesting case (and a bit of a freaky one).

As TXRabbit has mentioned, theres a great FOIA pdf file about it and theres even a folksong:

Flatwoods song.

The size of the phantom was a sight to behold,
Green eyes and red face so the story was told,
It floated in air with fingers of flame,
It was gone with a hiss just as quick as it came.

Oh phantom of Flatwoods from Moon or from Mars,
Maybe from God and not from the stars,
Please tell us why you flew o'er our trees,
The end of the world or an omen or peace?

pdf file

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join