It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of alien worlds quantified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Intelligent civilisations are out there and there could be thousands of them, according to an Edinburgh scientist.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
that's malarky and tomfoolery. everybody knows there's only one place in the universe with TRUE "culture".

my yoghurt bowl.

cool link.
thnx.

disclosure conditioning anyone?
oh yeah pass the GRAY-"V" plz. kthnx.

-

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes, but we are not permitted to leave Earth to find them.
That's what they use money for, to control us and prevent us leaving earth.
Imagine how much it COSTS, to build a space ship?
Do you think that's a coincidence?
Can you imagine if they came out with some kind of space ship that would allow us to go to like the moon and mars etc.
They would have army and police blocks stopping us leaving the solar system and telling us where and when we could go places.
And we would need licenses etc just to buy and fly the space ships.
Not to mention be massively in debt to buy them.
Until the Earth rids itself of the Royal tyranny we can expect to live dismal slave like existences worshiping the mentally ill psychopathic Kings and Queens.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm loving that first sentence "Intelligent civilisations are out there ... "
Pretty bold statement that! Even with the figures varying quite a bit depending on the scenarios, there seems to be no doubt that life exists elsewhere in our galaxy! Now lets move on to all the known galaxies in the universe and get some figures .......

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Baldric

I don't need some scientist to tell me how many worlds with life there are...First of all... science is a repeatable method, how can you repeat something scientifically, measure or compare, when there's only 1 known planet with intelligent life? you can't, you can take the numbers and make up your own reasons for giving a % of those in your mind the chances of having intelligent life but that's only heresay, I do believe there are countless planets populated by intelligent lifeforms however, but I can simply believe it and have no need in an attempt to prove it with faulty math. Have they visited us that's the real question.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I am not surprised....

As much as this is good news to see coming from the MSM, it is still nothing more than a drip feed of info in relation to such things.

We are all being slowly prepared for the truth.. it's the way that we are all treated like brainless sheeple that gets my goat.

I agree that we are stopped from having our own space going vehicles because of 'costs'...like everything else...

There can be very little doubt that we are not alone...we must be in a really bad position if we seriously beieve that we are the only possible intelligent life form 'out there'.

I long for the day that we are all able to shake hands in friendship with people from other places.

It is a privelege and honour to be able to do so with people of other countries that I have visited... and the same respect would be shown to people of other planets. Our desire for war is being made obvious that it is more of a monetary profit gain than an act of anger. There will come a time when this will stop.

We must be told the truth as soon as possibl about any other civilisation that is visitng us. We, as a race, need this to help us all learn of the danger we all put ourselves in by our acts of war, but it is the same people who want war fro profit who prevent us from having our own space going craft.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The only reason that we havent got the money to front for a spaceship thats capable of PROPER space flight, is that all the cash is being spent on keeping the evil that is the military going. They spend it all on the D.O.D and nonsense like that. If the entire world just said F war, lets do space, then there wouldnt be a problem.
I agree with the other posters on here who have said that we have a right to be informed of whats going on around us. We have far more than that. We have the right to know EVERYTHING that the intelligence service knows. If they know theres a terror suspect living in my road, then I ought to know that too . If they know theres a Jovian gambler who has a name that cannot be pronounced unless you have eight tongues and keep your lungs outside yer chest,hanging out with my sister, then I ought to know . Whats more , they do NOT have the right to keep it to themselves. In my honest opinion , all the intelligence services in the world should be abolished, and national security should be a national sport. Globaly. If we as a planet reduced the amount of money we spend "protecting" people from reality , then we would be on bloody Mars, and we would have gotten there in a month because someone would have perfected the Lazer impulse drive.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the note at the end of the news:
"Do you believe that there is intelligent life out there and what form do you think it may take? Do you think there has been or ever will be any form of contact between earth and extra-terrestrial life?
Please send us your comments using the form below. "

It seems like a survey huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's kind of interesting that they are able to use this new data to whittle down the numbers a little, I guess as we discover more about the universe, we'll be able to try better and better values in Drakes equation.

But I don't think it really changes anything in our lifetime. Unless we discover some incredible new laws of physics, it won't be possible to travel there, or communicate with them (except perhaps picking up very old signals). I believe the nearest planet seen that has potential is 10 light years away, that's a long time at our current tech level.

Perhaps though, they are more advanced, and could visit us, but as much as I like blurry photos and witness statements, I don't consider it as proof they have.

If 'they' are anything like us though, we might want to try and keep a low profile, they might turn up to steal all our resources.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yey !!! Blanket statement crushing time !!!!
Ok ... does no one else actualy think in this place?? Lets see... someone said that the only signals we would be picking up from one of these planets would have to be very old. BLINKERED FOOL ALERT!!! We humans arent capable of comunicating at faster than lightspeed, but we are pretty freakin dumb by all accounts. I would be suprised enough to die of it, if there wasnt a race out there somewhere with the knowlege required to communicate instantly over MASSIVE distance. What I know for sure is , theres no way we can KNOW how long an alien signal would take , because we wouldnt inherantly be aware of the method by which it was sent. Take the farkin blindfolds off... if we are dealing with Extra terrestrial intelligence we cannot assume ANYTHING damnit ... not a thing... stop doing it , its making clever people angry.

top topics

join