It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it starts! They are coming after your guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'. It will make it illegal to own a firearm unless it is registered with the database in Washington D.C. As a gun owner you will have to be finger printed, you will be required to provide your DL#, SS#, you must maintain a valid address at all times, submit to mental amd physical health records being put on file, you will also be required to file any address changes and you any ownership changes even if private sale. Each update will cost $25 and if you fail to comply you will lose your right to own firearms. This bill and its language mirror almost completely one defeated last year in the House of Representatives by soon to be Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Will we the citizenry be as lucky this time?

Pass this on to everyone who believes in strict Constitutionalism and remember that laws only apply to those who obey them. Criminals by definition and nature do not abide by laws. New laws and restrictions only apply to the law abiding citizen and are not written with the criminal in mind. With guns, it is not about having laws on the books to prosecute individuals, it is about taking guns away from the people so that no one has them in the first place. One last item to note, when assuming power and creating a facist state, Hitler was a proponent of strong gun laws because a disarmed populace was much easier to control than an armed one. The kings of old also outlawed weapons of any kind in any region that they conquered to quell the ability of the citizens to uprise against them.

The Founding Fathers of this nation understood all of the above and because of this they included the second amendment in the constitution. In fact, they knew that at some point in every society's life span that the need for the population to arise came about. To this end they made the right to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical state an absolute right that could not be revoked. They did this because the first thing tyrants and despots do is to remove a populations right to defend themselves. When this is done the tyrants have no problem with the destruction of society as we know it.

Send this on to all true patriots! Protect your Second Amendment!

The following is a summary of the bill as provided by the Congressional Research Service. If you read the whole bill, you'll find it will effectively preclude the ownership of ANY firearms by law-abiding people unless licensed by the Attorney General. How long do you think THAT would take??

Congressional Research Service Summary
The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.
1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.
Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.
Bill introduced 1/6/2009
Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary 1/6/2009
They will keep trying to take away your rights. Tell your Congressman and Senators how you feel about gun control.
Join The NRA NOW! - Contact Your US Congressman NOW! - Contact your US Senator NOW!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
the NRA actually pushes anti-gun laws. sounds crazy but its true, look it up

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Its just another means for government to create a way to collect more tax. That license will have a fee and tax attached to it. A perfect way to create another flow of income to help pay for those billions of dollars of bailout crook giveaway money.

Plain and simple.

It doesnt take away any rights whatsoever. It simply means that you need a license to own a gun, be registered etc. Not any different from owning a car, you have to register it, license it, and have a DL yourself in order to legally use it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
They never, ever seem to learn do they?!!! They just never seem to quit!! What part of "shall not be infringed upon" do they not comprehend?

You can almost feel a sense that this is the last standing obstacle that our criminal government has to overcome, a sense of desperation to disarm us all. That way we will all go quietly when the time comes.

I will say it again and again and it can never be stressed enough - never, ever, ever allow such illegal and unconstitutional legislation to pass. Under any circumstances.

Once we give up our rights and our only means to defend ourselves then we are all done for...and they know it.

Do NOT let this pass. Be vocal...flood your government offices with letters, emails and phone calls. Tell anyone you know who will listen what is being done.

[edit on 2/5/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i understand your argument RFburns, but it is an infringment on our constitutional rights, quit listening to the extreme left they are poisoning you. do we need to register on our due process rights, do we need to register our free speech rights, or do we need to register our right against unreasonable search and seizure...the answer absolutley is NO!!. driving a registered car is a liberty not a constitutional right like the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.(amendment 2 bill of rights)

[edit on 5-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Another way to police the guns when the time is right. I think the people are waking up to these bills they are trying to shove down our throats.

I like to see who votes for this bill and compare those names to the bailout, I think the banksters are getting scared right about now.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
i understand your argument RFburns, but it is an infringment on our constitutional rights, quit listening to the extreme left they are poisoning you. do we need to register on our due process rights, do we need to register our free speech rights, or do we need to register our right against unreasonable search and seizure...the answer absolutley is NO!!. driving a registered car is a liberty not a constitutional right like the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.(amendment 2 bill of rights)

Dont get me wrong here, I see the point very clearly. I was only pointing out that they are putting the right to own a gun into the same catagory as any other "privilage", such as owning a car and the right to drive one, both the car and the driver have to be licensed.

There was a time when buying a car did not need a registration, nor did the driver need to have a license. Now they want to put gun ownership right along with every other thing that has to have a license. Many of those other things also did not have licenses.

If government can find a way to make tax revenue from it, they will push for a requirement to have a license. Basically, the license is their ticket to get at more of our money.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i know they are trying to make money on this but it is an infringment on our 2nd amendment rights, we cant allow this to happen. driving a car has nothing to do with the bill of rights...f-them

[edit on 5-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Yes I know driving or owning a car has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment right. Im just using that as an example of the licensing issue.

I could use an even better example. Fishing license. Or how about marriage license. Both are things that promote freedom, and life, liberty and persuit of happiness. Yet both require a license. So we need a license to persue life, liberty and happiness.

In other words, there are plenty of things out there that require a license that are already and have been infringing on our freedoms for a long time.

Im not saying its right, nor am I in agreement with it. I am simply saying, its just another way for them to put their thumb over our heads, and make money at the same time.

Lets look at the handgun and the requirement for registering and waiting to buy one. That has been on the books for at least 20 years now. Tho it is mostly a state by state requirement, it is there regardless. Hence, that alone infringes on the 2nd amendment, and that was enacted 20 some years ago.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If they have a Gun Buy Back Policy like they did in Australia SELL!!!!! then later go and buy a newer gun with the profit. Here in Australia the Gov. paid a premium to get all the guns back out of circulation because people were being killed left, right and center ( not with guns but ). Then they realized guns had nothing to do with the violent crime increases and ( it actually went up after the buy back ) they relaxed the laws a little and now there are a lot more guns in circulation than before.

In the meantime everyone "killed the pig" money wise by selling anything that looked like a gun to the cops and made good money...I did

[edit on 5-2-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
America already have guns for food programs

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Step One: Look for gun buy back programs. Grab that 10 gauge your grandpa gave you and the dusty old .45 that for all you know doesn't even work anymore.
Step Two: Sell These guns to the buy back program and walk away with probably at least 200 dollars.
Step Three: Go to the pawn shop of your choice and buy an AK and a 9 mm as these will be two of the most common calibers to find once guns and ammo are outlawed completely.
Step Four: Report them as stolen, and bury them in your yard in some 6" PVC pipe, put a charcoal moisture absorber inside, cap both ends and wait for the crap to hit the fan.
good luck

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Enigma Publius]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
America already have guns for food programs

Funny about that.

Give up your gun in exchange for the right to live.

Clever...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
D.P.

[edit on 5/2/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There's only one way to look at this bill - criminals aren't going to bother with registering themselves in a database, especially with fingerprints, now are they? The only criminal who would do that is one that wants to get caught.

It will be a database of law-abiding citizens who have properly registered and carry a license to own and carry firearms.

How does this legislation do ANYTHING to help at all?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In Georgia if you purchase a fire arm you have to give your, name, ss#, DL# and fill out forms and be approved by the FBI.

I'm a life time member of the NRA and approve of strict identification measures before a fire arm can be purchased.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That right there is the fundamental flaw of these programs. Forget a minute that these things are clear infringements on a right and look at the programs themselves.

Can somebody supporting these types of programs explain to me how having my guns in some database with all of my biometric information is going to keep Kareem in the ghettos around Boston from plugging some 14 year old peer in the head with a rusted .25 for "disrespek'n" ?

Anybody?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I like this ad in support of gun control. It really explains who this type of legislation will help.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Upon passage of HR45, I think it will be an excellent stimulus package to show why the Second Amendment is in the US Constitution....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not worried about this one. Any attempt at licensing gun owners and creating a national database of firearms owners is going to result in one of the longest, nastiest fights in Congress you've ever seen. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hades that HR45 will pass. Obama and the Dems can't afford that right now, especially when a sizeable minority within their own ranks in Congress will oppose it. They've already taken a major beating over that steaming pile of crap they proposed for an economic stimulus package and it appears to be turning into a legislative quagmire for them. I doubt they're going to be interested in picking another major battle until later this year.

The one I'd worry about would be a new AWB. I'm becoming a bit less convinced that the gun grabbers even have enough votes for that one, but its all but certain they'll try to ram some type of ban through Congress before the 2010 mid-terms. That'll be a PR disaster for the ones backing it, too, but there are enough RINOs and stupid 'moderate' Dems that it'll stand a better chance of passing than HR45.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join