It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Hand bags!!? = Man bags...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Lately men have started using hand bags like women do.... I noticed this first when my brother came home one day wearing a hand bag around his shoulder. I was like .....???!!...... I then realised that of course the reason he would do this was because of fashion trends, so I guessed everyone is doing it now, and of course I started seeing a lot of men outside doing the same. So I guess I'm getting out of date! Not keeping up with trends...

So what's your opinion on this trend? What do you women think of men with handbags? and what do you men think? do you own one? is it cool? is it manly? is it feminine? is it attractive?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Can you give us a pic of what you're talking about?

Are you talking about messenger bags?

[edit on 5 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Can you give us a pic of what you're talking about?

Are you talking about messenger bags?

Yes these.

Now of course I'm sure these are very useful for carrying things. But what do you guys think about these?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The messenger bags are pretty cool, the others not so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yo dude you are wayyy behind in the times. These started getting very popular in Japan about 2-3 years ago.

Manbags as they are called are quite functional.

I am using a 25pc Vinyl Record bag, which lacks the lustre of a LV or Gucci style, but a pretty dope style indeed since DJs usually only have these bags.

Where else am I going to put: Digital Camera, Blackberry, Wallet, Contact Lens solution, lip balm, pen, headphones, medicine

Pockets?!?! Its possible but Nahhh - makes big bulges in your pockets which makes your package look smaller!! hahaha

Stick to sporty messenger\tagger\DJ bags...avoid LV, Gucci, Coach...else your girlfriend might steal it off you!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Makes me glad i live in a small backward ass town.I miss out on all that metro stuff and im happier for it.Man if i see some dude rocking one of those im going to point and laugh and make a big deal.Its what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The messenger bags are pretty cool, the others not so much.

That's my opinion too, the more casual and simple it looks the better.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X

Yo dude you are wayyy behind in the times. These started getting very popular in Japan about 2-3 years ago

Manbags as they are called are quite functional.......

...........Pockets?!?! Its possible but Nahhh - makes big bulges in your pockets which makes your package look smaller!! hahaha

Stick to sporty messenger\tagger\DJ bags...avoid LV, Gucci, Coach...else your girlfriend might steal it off you!!!

Yeah I am pretty behind, lol but when I said "lately" I meant the past couple of years.

And yes they are very useful your right. But where's the limit?

I see your limit is to avoid those other bags!

Hmmm so you say using pockets makes your package look smaller!? I better buy one of these bags ASAP!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Makes me glad i live in a small backward ass town.I miss out on all that metro stuff and im happier for it.Man if i see some dude rocking one of those im going to point and laugh and make a big deal.Its what they deserve.

Hahaha I think the messenger bags are pretty ok, but those other bags are way too much for me.

But it says a LOT about how easily people follow a trend just because a celeb does it.

I would NOT be suprised to see guys wearing high heel shoes, skirts, g-strings etc Just because 50 cent, snoop dog etc starts wearing them haha!

I sometimes think what next?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Used to be, guys would carry around what they needed in their pockets.
They needed a wallet, pocketknife and handkerchief. If he didn't have a burr cut then a comb in the back pocket was acceptable. With these few items any man could make his way through the best or worst of days. Then the sixties hit and everything changed.

Now we look at ourselves 4+decades later and a guy needs a bag to carry his oversized singlefold wallet with 19 maxed out credit cards, 4 unfinished punch cards for a free coffee, sandwich, haircut whatever. A few dollar bills and a half inch of papers that would baffle any private eye or archeological historian. The wallet will be next to a crackberry and charger. This will actually be sitting next to a phone, satellite locator, electronic book reader, clock pen, half eaten energy bar and bottle of 400 calorie faux coffee drink. A handfull of lint, change and one Canadian nickel. The rest is unimportant but will add another 2.5 pounds.
Some even have their makeup in there too.

I guess they have to carry it in something.

To be fair, some women now carry only a wallet, pocket knife and handkerchief.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Hmmm so you say using pockets makes your package look smaller!? I better buy one of these bags ASAP!

I mean this in the most scientific way possible, honestly.

When two objects are next to each other, your brain percieves the apparent size of said objects by comparing them.

Example: A walnut looks small compared to an orange, but it looks huge compared to a peanut.

What I'm trying to say is that your Package looks bigger when positioned next to empty pockets as opposed to positioning your package next to full pockets.

Now whether this helps women notice your package more is debateable......but I guess that's what those big belt buckles that have come into trend recently are for right? But you don't want to get too big of one now....hahahaha

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Nick_X]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Alright! Finally, there are some cute guys who wouldn't mind holding my 'bags' whilst I go shopping!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ok, I am not entirely opposed to holding my girl's bag while she looks at shoes and I look at my future HDTV, but are you kidding me with some of these bags????

Messenger bags, ok. They are big, so if you have a large camera like me, or a laptop, it works, and it doesn't look all fruity.

But how high maintenance are you as a man to have to carry this crap around on the usual? I have a wallet, keys and cellphone. Its all I need, and it all fits in my pants comfortably.

The only reason you should be worried about how your package looks in your jeans is if your wearing ridiculously tight girl jeans anyway.

Wear a friggin backpack, like I do, if you need to carry an array of items.

I'll be honest, I live in a city, and am friends with the fruitiest guys you'll ever meet, but they know they're fruity, so they can pull it off. Otherwise, leave that crap at home and at least full-on cross dress if you want to be a woman that badly.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So what's your opinion on this trend? What do you women think of men with handbags? and what do you men think? do you own one? is it cool? is it manly? is it feminine? is it attractive?

All PC'ness aside, it's gay.
Most women I know, think it's gay...
I think it's gay...
No, I don't own one...
No, it's not cool...I don't care how much of a "fad" it is or becomes (like pants down to your ass crack)..I just won't do it.
It is definitely not manly....
It is very definitely feminine...
It is not attractive (except maybe to men who swing that way)...

Wear a backpack if you must, carry an attache' case or a briefcase like a real man, but for the love of God...don't carry a frickin' purse...(and that's exactly what it is...not matter what you call it)....

I have a wallet, keys and cellphone. Its all I need, and it all fits in my pants comfortably.

Damn straight...nobody's revoking your "man card" anytime soon...

Ok, I am not entirely opposed to holding my girl's bag while she looks at shoes and I look at my future HDTV, but are you kidding me with some of these bags????

And there are specific man rules for holding your gal's purse:
1. It must be held with only one hand, preferably at waist level
2. Do NOT (I repeat), NOT ever use the shoulder strap...to you, it doesn't exist
3. You must have an expression that matches your mood at this forced servitude.
4. Do not ever look in it...you won't know half of what's in there anyhow (it's like looking in an alien craft), and people will just assume it's yours then.

Alright! Finally, there are some cute guys who wouldn't mind holding my 'bags' whilst I go shopping!

Little known man secret...
We do this so you're forced to try on outfits and actually decide what you really want, vs. just pulling out the plastic and getting all of them...regardless of how they fit.
(kidding)

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The over the shoulder messenger bags are cool i reckon .

But the other ones? ? ! !

And you call them fashionable ? ! ?

Im sorry but i call them fairy's .

Are they carrying lippy and perfume in there too?

The dudes in those pics are just short of being cross dressers.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Omega85]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If DeNiro doesn't carry one, I don't carry one.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have a carry all and that's the closest I will ever get it carrying a purse.
I use mine for my laptop and beer and anything I can cram into it.
beats carrying a couple of plastic bags.

Edit to add I only use it when I need it. it's not like I carry my make up with me everywhere.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Something to be said about a knapsack though. Slung over the neck it evokes images of a lone traveler.

Some of you all are too stuck on labels...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I have a carry all and that's the closet I will ever get it carrying a purse.

Freudian Slip?

In college we carried our books in shoulder bags.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

hehehe I pulled my slip up thank you.
-----------------------------------------

I don't think there's anything wrong with a man carrying a bag, But not one of those clutch purses. Like I say one good sturdy carry all is better than two plastic bags from the grocery store.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Sauron]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join