It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My U2U indicator is always on.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi,

My U2U thing is always lit up with the "U2U!" message, even when I have no U2U's. So every time I visit the forum I have to check it or I won't know if I have a U2U.

What to do to fix it?

Thanks

[edit on 4-2-2009 by wintermarches]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Have you tried deleting any? When mine stays lite, I usually just delete a few of the old ones and they go away. But, you stated no U2U, I don't know if you meant none in inbox or no unread ones.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Look at the U2Us you got around the time you started seeing the 'always-on' U2U button. For each of them, view the U2U and click the 'save' button at the bottom.

After you've gone though and saved them, click on the 'Saved' tab at the top of the U2U box to view your saved U2Us. You will likely see one that is addressed to you, but with incorrect capitalization (eg, "WinterMarches" instead of "wintermarches"). Click the red "del" next to each one like that to delete them.

That should fix the problem.

link   
Happened to me before. What I did was click and read EVERY u2u I had, then it went away. For some reason it was acting like I hadn't read mail when I did. So reclick them now.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

link   
reply to post by wintermarches

That sometimes happens with certain staff U2Us or if someone sent you a U2U with the wrong capitalization. For example Wintermarches instead of wintermarches.

The way to find out which one is doing it, you need to save your U2Us so you can see the "to" column an see who misspelled your name.

Edit: What Ian said.

[edit on 4 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I meant no unread U2U's. I have a few in my inbox, but I also deleted a bunch the other day, and no change.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. It looks promising, but I can't read these thoroughly until tomorrow, as I've stayed up way too late on ATS tonight!

Til then.....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This could also be caused by not clearing your cache. Have you tried deleting all temp internet files, cookies, browsing history?

If not, then I would recommend trying this. I work tech support and this is a common problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There's an interesting issue with the U2Us where if the person that sent it goes in and reads it in their outbox, it shows up in your inbox as read, even though it hasn't been. That's how it was explained to me anyway. So you think that you don't have any unread ones, but you do.

As the others said, start clearing them out, and the U2U indicator will go away.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
When that happens to me I just delete all the U2s and tranfer into a document those that I want to keep in my computer.

It will take care of the problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
scroll down and see the un-read one. Read it and then delete it before it auto-destructs

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Look at the U2Us you got around the time you started seeing the 'always-on' U2U button. For each of them, view the U2U and click the 'save' button at the bottom.

After you've gone though and saved them, click on the 'Saved' tab at the top of the U2U box to view your saved U2Us. You will likely see one that is addressed to you, but with incorrect capitalization (eg, "WinterMarches" instead of "wintermarches"). Click the red "del" next to each one like that to delete them.

That should fix the problem.

Ha! I saved them all and now my U2U indicator isn't on. (There were no incorrectly capitalized names, though.)

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
This could also be caused by not clearing your cache. Have you tried deleting all temp internet files, cookies, browsing history?

If not, then I would recommend trying this. I work tech support and this is a common problem.

I do this regularly via CCleaner and other methods, but thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

Just delete the last couple of messages in your inbox, it WILL solve the problem..

I had this same problem just a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi guys...

I'm having this problem, tried deleting some but to no avail....

Lemme know how i can change this please

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Save the ones that you want to keep, and delete the rest of them. Wipe out your inbox completely and go from there.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok thanks bud, i'll try it

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Nope didn't work i'm afraid...

Oh well, guess i'll have to live with it...

new topics

top topics

join