It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Lucid Dreaming Problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ok, this is getting very annoying and frustrating for me.

A wile ago, i was lucid dreaming, i managed to put myself into the lucid dream by consciously reminding myself that it was a dream, was quite hard but i managed to do it, however only a few times.

Since then my lucid dreams started to cease.

However, a month or two back, i kept waking up very briefly fore a minute, usually to get some water, in the morning and go back to bed for around one hour, and then have a very weak lucid dream when i fell asleep.

Very recently though (two nights in a row this week so far) I keep having a lucid dream as soon as i fall to sleep, and always lasts 48-50mins (which annoys me because it seems like a lot longer). After i wake from this lucid dream, i can not sleep for the rest of the night. No matter how tired i am or how hard i try (watching 7hours of sky news really should make anyone go to sleep)

I really have no idea what is going on, and it has only recently started to happen.

I got a lecture in 4hours and I've only had 48mins sleep :S

If anyone has had similar problems in the past or currently, tips would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yea I have a similar problem, but it only happens when I am sick. When I'm sick and sleep I have what I call "slow dreams" where everything is lucid, it seems really long and slow, and its insanely boring. If I were to try to take advantage of my dream and do fun stuff, it never works out..... When I wake up, I find the best thing to do is something completely different from sleeping. I wouldn't watch the news because it will keep your mind in a sleep like mode where you aren't really thinking. Go for a jog or talk to something that's really engaging. then you should be able to go back to sleep again. This problem of yours also might be from eating junk food right before bed as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'd reccomend starting off with melatonin, should help you a little bit and you'll be able to sleep longer and carry out segmented lucid dreams, without wakeing up.

If that doesn't work, go to your doctor and say you have very intense insomnia, tell him a friend of yours said trazadone is very mild and has virtually no side effects and that you think you need it for when you have your insomnia.

Other than that, good luck!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

nyquil
robotussin
sleeping pills...
even the weak ones work like the night time allergy ones

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I appreciate your replies and shall give them all a try and find the best one for others at a later time.

Have a nice little experiment or something to make it more interesting,lol.

By the by, if anyone is interested in lucid dreaming, one of my mates did an experiment involving cheese.

For a wile, he had a certain amount of a type of cheese for 2 weeks per cheese, and apparently, the smellier the cheese, the more lucid.

Dont know how it works, but ill ask next time i see him if anyone wants the info.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

No need for medicines, a large shot of Vodka will do, I have tried it many times and it gives me a peaceful sleep

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

A wile ago, last winter infact, i used to have a glass of scotch and chill with the radio before bed after work, then i realized there was a strong chance of alcohol dependency.

Which was a huge shame because i love me scotch

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'd highly reccomend getting buzzed before going to bed over taking diphenhydramine or dextrometrophan, which are in benadryl and nyquil.

Those have a HORRIFIC tendency to cause restless leg syndrome, which is the worst damn thing I've ever expierenced. I had to punch my legs until they we're numb.

Also, they'll make you very dizzy, and you'll also get diarreha.

Do NOT take cold medications for insmonia. PERIOD.

new topics

top topics

join