It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang roasts puppies over open fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Gang roasts puppies over open fire

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

A GANG of children have been caught trying to roast two puppies over an open fire.

The seven-week-old puppies were rescued by a passerby who was alerted by the dogs yelping as their fur began to burn with a gang of youths slowly roasting them over a bonfire on a canal bank near the northern England city of Manchester, UK newspaper the Daily Mail reported.'

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Some things just really amaze me... and not in a good way. How could kids bring themse4lves to roast puppies alive over an open fire? The squals of pain would be enough to give me nightmares for life.

There is no mention that they were starving, but even then I can't imagine roasting something alive.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Do we blame the parents? Do we blame society? Hollywood? Video games? Media?

Just seems like the younger ones are more inclined to commit acts of violence than ever before.

Glad the pups are OK.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Blame the evil little scumbags who decided to roast live puppies.
Why does it always have to be somebody elses fault when people do this crap?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I quote Bender from Futurama: Have you ever thought about sitting down with your children and Be@ting them?

That's a given in this instance! Hopefully the RSPCA will charge these kids and they will get their comings in Juvenile detention.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For perspective on cause, I offer this despicable tale. My step-father grew up during the depression and would brag that for fun they (I assume he and his friends) would take stray cats, swing them by the tail and then whip-snap them so that their eyeballs popped out.

Animal cruelty by children is nothing at all new. Cruelty by children is nothing new either. Is it really more common, or is it just the higher population?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Blame the evil little scumbags who decided to roast live puppies.
Why does it always have to be somebody elses fault when people do this crap?

Yes, but where did the little ones get these ideas from?

I am by no means trying to get the off the hook, as what they tried to do is horrible, but their has to be some sort of influence, and it can come from many places.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Torturing animals is supposed to be one early sign of a sociopath or a serial killer.

These kids may have been abused at home, or they just might be rotten kids.

I agree; you don't always have to find a hidden cause for everything.

It is important, though, that they have consequences that will keep them from doing it again. I hope they get brought up on animal cruelty charges, though the fact that they are minors might make the penalty light.

new topics

top topics

join