It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for UFO's in the Daytime with a Telescope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Has anyone tried this?

It's possible to see stars and planets with a telescope during the day time, and there have been telescope sightings of UFO's. I have also heard theories that UFO's spend a lot of their time in very high altitude, possibly in the atmosphere where people can't see them with the naked eye during the day. If that is true, wouldn't you be able to see something in the skies during the day with a telescope?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i suppose it might be possible, you can see planets. i think that they might be very hard to see though due to the size of them. its only when the come close to earth when they're seen.

I wouldn't recommend spending all day looking though

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Has anyone tried this?

It's possible to see stars and planets with a telescope during the day time, and there have been telescope sightings of UFO's. I have also heard theories that UFO's spend a lot of their time in very high altitude, possibly in the atmosphere where people can't see them with the naked eye during the day. If that is true, wouldn't you be able to see something in the skies during the day with a telescope?

I think there is something to that. I saw a daytime UFO a few weeks ago that appeared to be very high altitude. I used the finderscope from my main telescope. Naked eye it was barely perceivable, a low contrast red dot in the sky. Under X8 magnification it still appeared to be a dim red star moving slower than an airplane but much faster than a celestial object. I live near the airport so there are constantly lights in the sky. Never saw anything like it before.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I'm not much of a sky watcher but I wonder if you might be able to do some research about this by just viewing planes with your telescope? I mean, if you can see an airplane at high altitude under a telescope, i don't see why you wouldn't be able to observe a UFO at high altitude. Thanks for the input!

top topics

join