It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain accuses Bush team of threat over terror case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You said, "what is alleged is the kind of torture used by the Gestapo, or by Saddam in the worst years in Iraq. "

Really? So, you are saying that US forces tied up this guy, raped his wife and child in front of him, and then slit their throats? Of maybe you meant that the US arrested this man's spouse, beheaded her, and then sent him her head. Because that is the kind of torture that Saddam liked to use.

Other than waterboarding there is no evidence that the US conducted any kind of torture. Unless you consider putting panties on a few guys heads, torture.

This article is simply hearsay, and unless actual evidence comes forward, then I will consider it as very unlikely. Considering how the MSM has distorted news in the very recent past, I would not put too much stock in any of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
to you Americans you would not be speaking English if it was not for the British saving your backsides for 400 years.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

True, at the moment there are allegations. The evidence is being witheld, so we don't know what it is in detail. This is the point.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

Yes, and I have evidence of aliens living in the hollow earth and flying out of bases in Antarctica ... its just that I am withholding my evidence for now.

That is a very easy and convenient game to play when there is no evidence to support the allegations.

Don't you think that of the thousands of US servicemen that would have witnessed torture techniques being applied, that a few would talk to the media after they left the service.

You will no doubt say that they were ordered to remain silent. Again very convenient. That kind of order is known as an illegal order. (Soldiers cannot be ordered to violate military law or international law.) This is drummed into every recruit in basic training.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Who do you think works in the US government, if not regular Americans?

I find it amusing you have summed up what you believe to be the American media- "strong and upstanding morals", and "Christian beliefs", all the while claiming to avoid American media.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by bovarcher
Yes, and I have evidence of aliens living in the hollow earth and flying out of bases in Antarctica ... its just that I am withholding my evidence for now.
That is a very easy and convenient game to play when there is no evidence to support the allegations.

But who is playing this "game" as you call it? Not Binyam Ahmed Mohamed or his lawyer - they want the documents disclosed which they say support the allegations. The UK government, in deference to the US government refuse to allow this. By arguing you haven't seen any evidence of torture you forget that British High Court judges are complaining that the US government refuse to let the evidence be seen.

CIA Destroyed Videos Showing Interrogations Washington Post, December 7, 2007
Already down the memory hole?

For a fuller account of Binyam Ahmed Mohamed's allegations, the circumstances of his capture and the confessions sought: Biography of Plaintiff Binyam Mohamed, American Civil Liberties Union.

Stripped of clothes, dressed in a tracksuit, shackled, blindfolded and earphones forced over his head, interrogated and tortured for 18 months, routinely beaten, sometimes to the point of losing consciousness, suffering multiple broken bones, cut 20 to 30 times on his genitals, a hot stinging liquid was poured into open wounds on his penis as he was being cut, frequently threatened with rape, electrocution and death, forced to listen to loud music day and night, placed in a room with open sewage for a month at a time, drugged repeatedly, again handcuffed, blindfolded, stripped, photographed extensively and told the photos were "to show Washington" that his wounds were healing.
At the "Dark Prison," captors repeatedly hit his head against the wall until he bled, he was thrown into a tiny cell measuring barely more than two meters in either direction and chained to the floor, despite the extreme cold, given only shorts and a thin shirt to wear and a single blanket as thin as a sheet, fed meals of raw rice, beans and bread sparingly and irregularly, kept in almost complete darkness for 23 hours a day and made to stay awake for days at a time by loud music and other frightening and irritating recordings, including the sounds of "ghost laughter," thunder, aircraft taking off and the screams of women and children. Interrogations took place on almost a daily basis.

The documentary Outlawed: Extraordinary Rendition, Torture and Disappearances in the "War on Terror" covers Binyam Ahmed Mohamed's case and is something of an eye-opener:

Google Video Link

Last Thursday, Channel 4 tried to ascertain if there was any truth to the claim that public exposure of the documents would pose a security threat:

The same day, UK MP Ed Davey accused the foreign secretary of obstructing justice:

[edit on 8-2-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

I think its funny that people rant about black ops and cover ups and the US government can't even make a Brit quietly disappear. Just remember the US people voted Bush in twice and you get the government you deserve.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just an update. As Binyam Mohamed returns to Britain a free man, hopefully more of the truth will emerge.

A senior official with HRW said: ‘Our new report will provide greater detail of what amounts to torture and British awareness and effective complicity in the torture of suspects.’ Asked who was involved on the British side, the official said: ‘British security agents.’

He said British agents were not direct participants in torture sessions but added: ‘The suspects go through these torture sessions by the Pakistani agencies, then the British interview the suspects. The suspects then go back into custody. They are then beaten and tortured and then more questions are asked by the British agents.

‘The British questions form part of the violent process. They are aware the suspects are injured, they fail to take notice of this. They put forward questions as part of this process. ‘At no time are the British agencies seen torturing directly. But we believe it amounts to the outsourcing of torture.’

MI5 knew we were torturing British terror suspects, claim Pakistan agents The Mail, Sunday 22 February 2009

UK agents 'colluded with torture in Pakistan' The Observer, Sunday 22 February 2009

[edit on 21-2-2009 by EvilAxis]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join