It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain accuses Bush team of threat over terror case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Britain accuses Bush team of threat over terror case

www.chicagotribune.com

Two of Britain's most senior judges accused the US on Wednesday of having threatened to withhold intelligence from the British government if it released information about the alleged torture of a terrorism suspect currently being held at Guantanamo Bay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I just heard about this on BBC Radio 1... It seems a UK citizen was accused of terrorism, flown to a 3rd party country to be tourtured before ending up in Gitmo, all by the US. When it was to be exposed for what it is, illegal tourture, the US flexed a bit and UK officials covered it up. Now a few judges say this has to get out.

For all those non-US readers here, please know that not all of us agree with the above policies and action of our government...these fools don't begin to represent those of us who still have morals and values!

www.chicagotribune.com

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Agree?

I want to have Bush and his cronies enjoy the same treatment.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am sorry to see that this thread is not getting more play. Star and Flag from me.

I think it is important to note the increasing number or accusations that are being leveled against Bush and his camp in regards to torture.

I feel a serious investigation into this matter is in order.

This is a modern day American president, a representative of the American people accused of a very serious crime.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Flag for you.
I wonder whether the current administration will continue to blackmail the UK like this. I hope not, if they will, I am afraid there is not gonna be so much change as we have been promised.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It is totally amazing that this story has garnered so few responses on ATS!

The UK have been told to shut up or face terrorist attacks due to the US not sharing intel!

Well - pretty much!

Political bullying and as I stated on another thread:

No problem.

Release the details - expose the government criminals, both US and UK.

Let the US government rescind Intelligence.

Let terrorist cells move through the UK due to lack of Intelligence.

Then watch them board US-bound planes and do the dirty business yet again.

Very feckin smart US government!

And shame on the UK government for the complicity - no matter how unexpected it is.

[edit on 5/2/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
I am sorry to see that this thread is not getting more play. Star and Flag from me.

It will from me

Great news for the world, hopefully some justice would come from this.

CX

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I posted this last night....

Miliband denies US intel threat

It was on page two of breaking news with no replies when i woke up this morning, i was quite shocked it didn't get a response considering the subject.

Then again the title might not have been that interesting, i just copied what Sky News had written. Plus remember people work too, so a lack of responses doesn't neccessarily mean a lack of interest here on ATS.

Anyway, at least your thread is getting noticed. This deserves as much attention as it can so people can see yet another example of how our governments work behind the scenes.

They don't give a damn about the general public.

If the mods could delete my other thread as this one has more replies, that would be cool. Thanks.

CX.

[edit on 5/2/09 by CX]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven

Well, I just heard about this on BBC Radio 1... It seems a UK citizen was accused of terrorism, flown to a 3rd party country to be tourtured before ending up in Gitmo, all by the US. When it was to be exposed for what it is, illegal tourture, the US flexed a bit and UK officials covered it up. Now a few judges say this has to get out.

For all those non-US readers here, please know that not all of us agree with the above policies and action of our government...these fools don't begin to represent those of us who still have morals and values!

www.chicagotribune.com

As an American citizen, i want the people responsible prosecuted.

Isn't flexing muscle a FEAR TACTIC!? isn't that also political terrorism? i swear, double standards everywhere!

We are supposed to fight terror, yet we instill terror into the possible terrorists... hypocrites?
show them compassion, show them that they deserve to be treated like humans, maybe they will change their ways, if not, were still better in the end, and not on their level.

i swear, this (STUFF) *wish i could cuss on here!* has got to STOP!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Is it not the case that it is now the Obama team that is issuing/continuing the threat?

Either way, it is still very disturbing.

The fact is that the sensitive information has already been provided to the legal team representing a tortured prisoner. The information does not reveal any names, place or intel gathering techniques other than to describe the persons involved in arranging, allowing and perform illegal torture methods.

Our governments should be demanding this evidence to bring the perpetrators to justice shouldn't they? The civilised western world no?

Oh no. Our governments can't do that can they?

Because they are the perpetrators!!!! Our governments are the ones who arrange, allow and perform illegal torture methods - are there legal ones?!

This is yet another example of the criminals looking after the criminals.

How much longer are we going to allow this?

We put these governments in - it's about time we took action to get them out.

[edit on 5/2/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Give me a break! It is sick how dumb people are. First of all who the hell thinks the Brits should have a say in anything! They are soooo dumb and liberal that their cops don't carry guns. It is amazing how stories get turned around and are so misleading. You know what all this is? He said, she said. I never understood all this worry about the torture of terrorists. Who gives a crap. I think they should die without trial. And you say it like Bush was there and did it. You do know that he wasn't right? Or are you that stupid? Another funny thing is how countries are so anti-american, but when their country is in trouble who do they call first???? The USA! And that is because they can't do anything on their own. And besides waht britian calls torture is probably not giving them advanced health care and 4 meals a day. Don't speak on subjects that you have no evidence about, it makes you look STUPID!

Moderator Note: Please Review Civility & Decorum is Requested

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The Brits love to point their fingers at us and tell us how bad we are don't they? BUT - if we consider using only American products for the bailout projects they whine like babies.

The US is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What I gather from this is - we very much disagree with your interrogation of terrorist techniques BUT you had better share the info you get!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

The way that a country treats its enemies is a signature of the "civilisation" itself. Once you make a distinction between those that have rights and those that don't then you have started on a slippery slope.

If a person has committed a crime then they should be held accountable according to the law, otherwise, who is to define what is acceptable or not?

If we are to torture people on a wholesale basis - those that are deemed "suspicious" - then where does it end? If there is clear evidence then let people be charged, otherwise we end up with chaos where anybody can be subjected to torture just because they don't have the same opinions as the government.

Are the pogroms of Russia so easily forgotten, do we not remember the history of Nazi Germany?

By treating our enemies in such a manner, we are inviting them to treat us the same. This is a sure fire way to escalate things.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
right guys... two top judes from england ,public school education oxford education and member,s of top social club,s in london get all wishy washy about a suspected terrorist human right,s... please!!! this is awar on terror
and if the americans want to fight on the same level good luck too them,
remember we are cousin,s of america. like all family,s we tend to fight the bit out, but when the chips are down we stick together as afamily doe,s

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Unlike the US, the UK is a small country with the wealth of the nation invested in people and institutions. Allowing a transient entity like Tony Blair and New Labour to pervert ancient ideas such as rights and the Magna Carta for self aggrandisement set on a mountain of lies is a disaster. Hasn't Blair earned £12 million from public speaking in the US since leaving office? Looks like a pay off through the old boy network to me. I think there should be a few years cool down for prime ministers when they leave office.

Fortunately there are the occasional redoubts of law, ethics and the truth that emerges in British society. The threats and secrecy are immense but once in a while immoveable truths emerge and these judges fulfilled this task despite themselves.

The US comment that discloser of the torture of a young man as being a national security threat is a sop. It actually is a about humiliation, disgrace, legal liability and the exposure of British security services complicity. What has lacerating and shredding a man's penis with a razor blade got to do with making him talk? It is just vindictive and perverse.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'd watch who you are calling 'stupid'. The UK is the only European country to provide significant forces to help the US, and we provide a great many invaluable bases; from those in the UK itself to places like Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. You might want to learn how to speak English properly and how to spell reasonably before you start calling people 'stupid' too.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
Give me a break! It is sick how dumb people are. First of all who the hell thinks the Brits should have a say in anything! They are soooo dumb and liberal that their cops don't carry guns. It is amazing how stories get turned around and are so misleading. You know what all this is? He said, she said. I never understood all this worry about the torture of terrorists. Who gives a crap. I think they should die without trial. And you say it like Bush was there and did it. You do know that he wasn't right? Or are you that stupid? Another funny thing is how countries are so anti-american, but when their country is in trouble who do they call first???? The USA! And that is because they can't do anything on their own. And besides waht britian calls torture is probably not giving them advanced health care and 4 meals a day. Don't speak on subjects that you have no evidence about, it makes you look STUPID!

I thank you for your honesty,at the end of the day the uk is a small country and is punching well above it's weight.
Let's face it most Americans see the British as a joke,to be treated as equal or with any respect is far too much to hope for.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The problem arises when the military personnel start behaving like animals...

..leave the forces and go in to local law enforcement...

...where they repeatedly punch women in the face for riding a bike!

The war does not stop for these animals when they get home!

And with the name Victoria 1 - you had better hide - they aren't shy just because you're a bird!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Victoria, I get the impression you're simply trolling for flames. In both your posts you insult people explicitly. There's no substance -- just rudeness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join