It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorean granny fails driving test 771 times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

SKorean granny fails driving test 771 times

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL (AFP) – A dogged South Korean grandmother has failed her driving test 771 times, police said Thursday, but a local newspaper reported she will keep trying.
The 68-year-old, identified only by her last name Cha, has taken the test almost every working day since 2005 in the southwestern city of Jeonju. She failed again Monday for the 771st time.
"It was a record-breaking number here," Choi Yong-Cheol, a police sergeant supervising the test in the city's Deokjingu district, told AFP.
"I wonder if she will try it again for a 772nd time."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is hilarious. 771 times? You would think she's have the whole thing memorized by now. That's insane. If you can't pass it within the first 10 maybe it's a good idea you don't have a license.

She has spent the equivalent of 3600 US dollars on the written tests and taken the test every working day since 2005 and still can't pass it.

Let's hope she doesn't move here...I have a hard enough time dealing with road rage as it is.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
At least she's committed to getting it?
post.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ya, if she hasn't passed it yet then she just needs to call it quits... Even if she does pass it on try #772 then the odds of her wrecking out and possibly injuring someone is astronomical...

She should probably move to the states... From what I've seen, we'll give a drivers liscense to dang near anyone, lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
At least she's persistant, I'll give her that. But maybe somebody above's trying to tell her something...

Anyway, when I read the title, I immediately thought of this scene in family guy:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
WHOA !! 771 times is just insane most people are absoloutely gutted and horrified if they dont pass it after like 3 times

although i wonder what will happen when she finally does pass it all i gotta say is watch the hell out S. Korea Grannys in town

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh come on you guys... I know I'd never pass a written test in Korean... Till I lean Korean.

top topics

join