It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Phelps, hypocrisy and American Drug Policy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scaredlady

A photograph of someone smoking a joint is not proof that someone smoked a joint. Phelps should shut up and let his lawyer handle it.
He owes no one an apology.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
reply to post by MichJJC

Why bring it to light then? Also leave the moderating to the moderator. Just like you dislike insults, I dislike people who but it; not your problem leave it to the professionals.

Just trying to help keep the conversation going. I would hope you would take the time to correct me if I got out of line. I would prefer that over being banned or the thread deleted.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
I'm surprised I don't see more threads on criminalization of substances on ATS.

Believe me, there have been a host of such. But they almost always wind up in RATS. For some reason, discussing the conspiracies involved in the War on (some people who use some) Drugs is an automatic ticket to RATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
These drug are of course perfectly safe, unlike marijuanna which has all sorts ghoulish effects. (See the Movie Reefer Madness for conclusive proof!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Reefer MJ laced with '___'? Someone edumacate me please?

ps. I spelled educate wrong on purpose.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Weed is from god. Humans can eat catnip and NOTHING happens. Why? Are bodies are not designed to be receptive to catnip, But is designed to be receptive from weed. It is not an accident. I really cant stand when jesus freaks get all high and mighty talking about how bad weed is. I guess your perfect God made a mistake OR we made the mistake! Why doesnt the government care if you drink but does if you smoke? Smoking makes you think and helps a lot of people. They would rather you buy there pills than smoking something you can grow on your own! And other religious people always talking about the bad side to weed. dont talk about anything you know NOTHING about. There is nothing more natural and it connects you to God. Please show me in the bible where God says dont smoke weed? Doesnt it say God put all the plants and animals here for us to use? Why is it alright to drink and smoke cigarettes but weed is wrong? WHY???

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wavejumper

Amen! Naturally occuring "drugs" have been an integral part of our anthropological past and are directly connected to our religious and cultural beliefs throughout the globe, as well as being used as the ultimate tool to explore the unknown....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichJJC
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Reefer MJ laced with '___'? Someone edumacate me please?

You're wrong. "Reefer" was a term used to indicate a joint of plain ol' MJ.

Nother line.

[edit on 2/5/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MichJJC

I agree... totally but the saying goes any advertisement is good advertisement, so although I know you meant well by your post it's still giving the "negative" poster ammunition to fire back toward you and/or simply just advertisement of his negative works. I have no problem with your reasoning but the best thing to do is to ignore; especially the person whom it was aimed.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scaredlady

Actually I just paid a $200 dollar ticket and it didn't go on my record. Am I a celebrity? But I do know the law and know how to work judges so I guess you can say I got off easy. Then again this is California. Sense then I have one of those nifty green cards for those annoying cops. =)

[edit on 5-2-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For anyone wanting to watch a comedic but intelligent approach to the

marijuana discussion. I suggest watching "Super High ME", not only was it

informative but it also will let the "GREEN" public (No pun intended) in on

the knowledge about MJ that isn't always present in the conservative

media.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

Seen it, have it my Documentary folder. =) This guy basically stops smoking green for 30 days then gets super high for the next 30. It's a pretty funny piece.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

Heheh only if I lived in Cali, I'd complain of being over-tired and I'd be able to smoke all the pot I'd like. In reference to you paying 200 bucks for your previous charge, Massachusetts implemented a law back when we voted for the Pres. to make possesion of up to an ounce of Marijuana a civil offense; where you'd only have to pay a hundred dollar fine, much like a speeding ticket and be done with it. This law shows the progression of marijuana in the public eye and soon enough my friend we hopefully won't need a "green" card and will be able to grow however much you'd like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Everyone should see that movie, I believe it will change the minds of alot of people who think if they smoke a j they'll turn into a dragon or even maybe melt into the couch.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Also for anyone wanting to see how OVER THE COUNTER MEDS can affect your children watch this video, not only is what this kid on 50 times worse then marijauna but it's extremely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid Stoned after Dentist Visit

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was able to get off prescription pain killers and alcohol through the help of this little weed. I'm not saying it's for everyone but my previous addiction was far more dangerous then my current habit.

California is a pretty liberal state so we were one of the first states to legalize medical uses. The fact that most people have tried it and many use it and still live productive lives shows that it isn't a class 1 drug (up there with coc aine). Many doctors and scientists will agree that it has many helpful properties in it to combat pain and anxiety.

I hear stories all the time about the police closing off a parking lot but not assisting the ATF in the raid against legal (according to the State of California) growers and pharmacies. Why aren't the local police busting these places on there own? Because it's outside there jurisdiction and against the laws in California. This is a classic example of Federal Government overstepping it's power.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
Also for anyone wanting to see how OVER THE COUNTER MEDS can affect your children watch this video, not only is what this kid on 50 times worse then marijauna but it's extremely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid Stoned after Dentist Visit

That is pretty funny i have to admit, "Is this this real? Is this going to last forever?". Pour kid, seems like they overdosed him.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lost kellogg as a sponsor.

Here's the Link

He's just paid a higher price than most people will make in a lifetime.

I think that pot should be legal and taxed.

It might help California's revenue issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
reply to post by wavejumper

Amen! Naturally occuring "drugs" have been an integral part of our anthropological past and are directly connected to our religious and cultural beliefs throughout the globe, as well as being used as the ultimate tool to explore the unknown....

Not to be a smart-ass or anything, something I'm really good at, but no drug is un-natural/artificial. All drugs have an Earth bound origin and are merely refined, combined or constructed from Earth bound materials.

Marijuanas' THC is a defense the plant produces to keep animals from eating it. With tobacco it is nicotine which is supposed to acts as a deterant. What the plants didn't count on, in their infinite wisdom, was that humans like feeling those senses of being out of control. Other plants like Poison Ivy or Poison Oak got it right. Smoke, eat or even touch either of those two and you could die from it.
Facts
A buddy of mine while in basic training got the Ivy on his hand then satisfied an itch on his anus. He was hospitolized for two weeks and almost died. OUCH!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ya I think they gave the kid a man sized dosage; I almost feel off my chair the first time I watched that video. To bad for the kid it is "real", because he looks like he wants it to stop... too funny.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Kids, gotta love their innocence.

Mr. Phelps... the picture is enough to be arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia in Arizona.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join