It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama needs to apologize.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I believe that yes, while he has been a busy person, and he has made some good changes, I think he needs to apologize for some of what has gone on early on.

Here are some things I believe that he should apologize for:

#1- Acting the same way as Bush for much of the first few weeks he's been President Elect. He was using a lot of fear mongering. It seemed that until his inauguration he lost his hope and change mantra, and, he resorted to the politics of fear.

#2- Obama needs to apologize for all of the corruption scandals. They've been nothing but a mere distraction and all they've done was fuel his critics. Obama needs to apologize for the corruption scandals because ever since Blagojevich became an issue with the press, and, the public, and people started focusing on him, it seemed like all this hope was lost for a while.

#3- Obama needs to apologize for almost flip-flopping on torture. He almost flip-flopped on torture by basically allowing rendition, and, he almost made it seem like he would send people overseas, then, at the last minute he corrected himself saying that he would not send those people overseas.

#4- Obama also needs to apologize for having appointed all of those Clintonites first. Lots of people on the left and the right became outraged of all the former Clinton appointees. Those people won't bring change. They're just "more of the same."

#5- Obama needs to apologize for his smear campaign against the GOP during the election. Obama has said some pretty nasty things about the conservative way of life during his election campaign. Remember his comment on guns and religion and conservatives clinging to it?

#6- Obama needs to clear up some of the things he's said. I've read some of the comments by him and they don't seem to match up with what he said on the campaign trail.

#7- Obama needs to clarify what he will do with NAFTA and free trade. We obviously can't simply just cut Europe off and make a "buy American clause". Judging from Europe's outroar there is a problem with simply just cutting off trade. I believe Obama is naive in this that he thinks by cutting off trade altogether with Europe that it's a good thing.

#8- I really question his economic policy. Obama needs to act in a way that would be the best interest for the free market. Otherwise I fear that we will come to the age of nationalization and socialization of banks and services.

#9- I question his stance on Universal Health Care. Government control of a service such as health care might be problematic. How is he going to implement Universal Health Care without Tom Daschel? Also, I question his bill which gives children health care, allegedly the bill would give illegal immigrants health care which other people don't.

#10- Obama needs to apologize for almost breaking the hearts of all the liberals. Some of his decisions have been criticized by others as silly at best, or, perhaps, well, maybe that he should have gotten to the Democratic Congress and told them to be bipartisan too, because apparently they weren't listening to him on his election campaign when he was talking about how people should be nonpartisan.

Also, lastly

#11- I believe Obama needs to really just clarify where he stands on the issues. I've seen him just be all over the place in some areas. I think it would be a good thing if he was more consistent with his issues.

Those are the things which I, believe, that Obama should apologize for.

I am not liberal or conservative. I am a moderate libertarian. So I am not attacking him because of party affiliation.

I just believe that Obama should really apologize for these things so we know that perhaps that Obama might not be a corrupt politician after all, he needs to apologize more, not just for Tom Daschel, but with all those other people too and, he also needs to bring back the "hope" which was almost lost during the election campaign.

It's like this "hope" almost flickered for a while.

That is why I believe Obama needs to apologize.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He should definitely apologize and say that he has really let us down and he knows it.

Say, I'm embarrassed and I will try to make it up to you but I understand if you can't trust me anymore....

I've lost my trust in Pelosi not Obama. Obama just seems like he is getting played by some Lady. Not a good look dawg.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The only appology i will accept from Obama is ...

1 - His resignation
2 - Ratting out of other Blago's
3 - And jaling himself.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

That's how I look t it.

I think Obama made several mistakes, which, is understandable.

But the amount of mistakes that he made aren't the issue here. It's the kind of mistakes he made. He ran on a campaign of transparency of government.

It seems as if he's been cursed for all the people who he selects to have corruption scandals.

All Obama needs to do is to tell people that he's still on the same page as we are, or, that he just needs to show by his actions that he can move on from it.

I believe he can make up for a lot of what happened early on but that still will not change the fact that he's provided fire to fuel his critics and it's only been a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He should apologize for getting Russia to stand down from deploying missles a stones throw from Europe.

Saying he "screwed up" wasn't enough for you?

When did Bush say that in 8 years? ohhhhhh, I forgot....dude was the greatest President since Washington.

What planet or reality do you live on or in?

ahhh, he is a black democrat....of course he sucks.

I think he should apologize to the rest of the world for how ignorant 40+% of the United States population is and always will be ignorant.

If you can get Ron Paul elected I will apologize to each and every one of you and buy you a dinner at Ruth Criss's

Until then....try to think of ways, or contribute to making things better rather than hoping (like your God Rush) that Obama fails.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Frank, Are you serious. I thought you were a die hard Obama fan?

I say apologies are not needed. What is needed is some good legislation to help turn this economy around. Thus far the legislation sucks.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I'm not hoping that Obama is going to "fail" here. I just don't put my blind faith in any one politician no matter who he is. No matter if he's the President or no matter if he's Ron Paul or someone else with a big reputation.

I just believe that Obama has potentially tainted his administration with what's happened.

I hope that he does better and that this won't be a problem for him later on.

And while saying he screwed up for me is enough he needs to tell the American people where he screwed up with some of these little things... or at least apologize and tell us he'll do better. It is of my opinion that he has some responsibility to apologize to us about the Democratic Congress's behavior...

I just think that he should not just apologize for his own actions but to also apologize for the way that it's made us feel about him when all of the corruption scandals were going on, and, like the one with that new guy. I would rather at least like for him to acknowledge how it makes us feel. He's done that before. But, I'm just saying that some of his actions are questionable. All I'm saying is that I would like for him to apologize for the drama that went on early on that really was a huge distraction that kep people from focusing on the economy...

I support him because he is our President. I just think there are those out there that who have lost faith in him and he needs to reach out to those kinds of people.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam, I am a fan of the guy, but that doesn't mean that I can't be critical of him too. You know what job he has now? He is our President now.

That means that I can release my inner critic on him now.

Anyhow, I would argue that it is not the legislation that is the problem but the policy of economics that we are adopting that is going to cause the problems to get worse. I think Obama doesn't deserve all the blame but if Obama is to reverse the potential damage of what the first bailout can do to our economy than he's going to have to do a lot more than a stimulus bill..

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't want him to apologize for anything, he's already said he screwed up.
Sure, for some this may be something they look for in an ordinary person that may say a lot about their sincerity, BUT this guy is not just any ordinary person, he is the President and he should be judged at a completely different level of standards.
He screwed up when he said he screwed up.

As Prez, if you are going to admit you made a mistake at least wait until you've found a soluttion first. Don't just say you screwed up and leave it at that because the next thing people will want to hear is how you plan on fixing your screw up.

Apologies are the same thing. Once he starts apologizing it only makes it easier for him to do it again.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey guys it's Feb. 4th, so about 4 months since I and a lot of others voted him in. Keep holding your breaths though.

Seriously...you guys should put the pitch forks and torches away, because well...this is just funny now.

I'd say 'Give him a few months' but I know that'll be shouted as "You're Pro-Obama!!!!1111unoeleven"

And My answer is = So What? It's my vote and I'm going to give the guy the time that All of you gave Bush, because I was all for impeachment.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Riviera]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
Hey guys it's Feb. 4th, so about 4 months since I and a lot of others voted him in. Keep holding your breaths though.

Seriously...you guys should put the pitch forks and torches away, because well...this is just funny now.

I'd say 'Give him a few months' but I know that'll be shouted as "You're Pro-Obama!!!!1111unoeleven"

And My answer is = So What? It's my vote and I'm going to give the guy the time that All of you gave Bush, because I was all for impeachment.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Riviera]

you're acting like you have a choice in the matter

yea you're gonna give him time, 4 years.....

his performance right now is unacceptable and not worthy of a JFK, tingle up your leg, Chris Mathews description.

I really do not care one bit, if he is great or average or generic or not good. I really just know he is underachieving right now.

I know why you're mad.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Frankie,
Were you serious about wanting him to apologize for everything you listed?

...I would demand Bush come back if he did. I can't have my President spending 30minutes in front of the cameras whining like a little girl about all the bad things that are happening and that its his fault and gee, golly wiz, I'll try to be better my citizens and if you don't like what I do....please let me know via my blackberry and I will make sure I fix it for you or I will apologize again for failing you....

Sorry dude, but I want....need....my President to have a pair....even Hillary has a set. He isn't President of Parador. (funny as hell if you have seen that movie with Richard Dryfus)....if you haven't than that sailed over your head.......anyway......He is POTUS! Not Dr. Friggin Phil!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I would argue that it is not the legislation that is the problem but the policy of economics that we are adopting that is going to cause the problems to get worse.

Let's see. A 600 plus spending bill at the same time they passed a 700 plus billion bailout. Now add in the 900 plus bailout plus the infrastructure bill that will soon be following (price tag undetermined at the moment). Now lets throw in poor bill writing, loopholes galore, no oversight, and basically the same people who got us into this mess.

I think legislation beats the economic policy. IMO, in order to have a sound economic policy you need sound legislation. Legislation that we are seriously lacking.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Obama once said: "I WON."

Obama won... the campaign trail? You still trust politicians?

Look at his administration... where is the change?

If you wanted change there was a guy named Ron Paul that you could of voted for.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Conservative Jack,
You take your marching orders from Rush and Hannity so its not like
you are going to give this POTUS an inch so just wait 4 or 8 years to say I told you so....because no matter what happens.....you WILL be saying that.
...but I would be interested.....I am dead serious too......who are your Conservative leaders now? I think I am a fiscal conservative and even somewhat a social conservative as well but who in the political arena is anymore? Are Ron Paul and Huckabee my only choices? Are you a Lincoln Republican or a Bush? What the heck do you modern day conservatives believe in anymore? Big government? Check. Taking us off the Gold standard or any standard for that matter? Check.
Abortion? Check. (you have the majority in SCOTUS) ....don't say Justice Kennedy is Liberal......What is the difference between the two parties at this point?

Please, Please, help your party come up with someone better than Palin in the next election.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

you're acting like you have a choice in the matter

yea you're gonna give him time, 4 years.....

his performance right now is unacceptable and not worthy of a JFK, tingle up your leg, Chris Mathews description.

I really do not care one bit, if he is great or average or generic or not good. I really just know he is underachieving right now.

I know why you're mad.

It's the same way you guys are acting, we don't and it's as simple as that. I'm not angry actually, if he fails to adhere to what he said it just gives me more reason to become even more active than I already am. While I do discuss and debate online, I spend a good deal of my time offline being an activist for my own positions.

It's politics and 'Democracy' for whatever that's worth.

I don't pay attention to what the MSM says, I do watch it to keep abreast of what they are saying, but I keep my own reservations, personally I never saw him as a 'Messiah' just saw him as 'Better than Bush'.

FYI - Apologizing to the American people is called being a decent human being, avoiding even the semblance of an apology makes a person look more like a politician. He probably went with the route he knew most people want right now and right now people want apologies and he was apologizing for his pick of Geithner/Daschel and that other lady. He's not keeping to his words of no lobbyists and all that other crap, so I'm protesting as well, if you're doing the same then great, if not...then keep typing to an empty room.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Jam be right.
Legislation is making me see double.
What are these tards thinking?

I'm for the trickle up doctrine and Jon Stewart explains it better than me and has more street cred than I do.

Give us the money to pay off debt and the banks get the money that way.

OOOOhh, no they won't do that because it takes away the power to control from those that have the power to control.

Here is the answer to a great secret as big as the search for ET.......

Why won't Ron Paul's ideas ever happen.....or Huckabee's.....

Because if we ever got rid of the IRS or income tax and went with a "consumer tax" then the lobbyist wouldn't have any reason to wine and dine the Congress and thus.....members of Congress wouldn't be able to get free trips to Bermuda from Lobbyist X in return for some favor..

...I seriously have no idea how we ever are going to be able to overcome this but this tax code that the most intelligent people can't figure out or refuse to pay is retarded.....Everyone knows it......the only reason it still exists is because those in power know that to change it would be taking away their power.......kind of like setting you wife up with your friend who you know would make your wife much happier than you could......NOT HAPPENING!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Your a fool if you think Obama is better then Palin .. and an even bigger fool if you think McCain was better then Palin.

I think she scares you because she is a mother, a leader, a commander and chief, and most of all has more experience at the helm the Obama by tenfold.

She doesn't need to confuse a person with Washington dude speak. Give it a rest .. everyone knows that democraps don't have a pot to piss in and never will. I would even debate with you but I don't debate with people who can't see beyond their TV.

Palin 2012

top topics

join