It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass U.S. and Canada Demonstrations Set for March 13th-19th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wear a T shirt with your protest logo on it, carry a flag, and go for a walk. If enough people join with you, then you will have a peaceful march. If only a few join in, then you get some exercise and no one is harmed.

[edit on 5/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What to stand for?....There's so much to choose from, but I think if we start here, it will lead everywhere else in time.. and probably quickly:

1. CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR 9-11 (which a public forum/demand for specific answers and accountability will undoubtably reveal the real perpetrators of fast.)

2. GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY- equal to the 'to the penny' disclosure and accountability they demand from the public. And we should immediately ALL stop paying all taxes until they equal the accountability they demand - especially to account for the current 'bailout money' and the trillion 'lost' at the Pentagon with no further explanation from the Bush administration.

3. CRIMINAL LIABILITY and PROSECUTION of all government office holders, police and government agency affiliates who have broken the law, acted against the constitution or betrayed their oath of office.

4. IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL OF TROOPS from all of the Middle East and IMMEDIATE FULL HEALTH COVERAGE for all vets from ANY war.

I think even just picking one of these will lead everywhere else. We have to be careful not to be scattered in our protest message and pick the most provable, powerful, understandable by the masses and effective first.... I would pick 9-11.

It's time... we have nothing to lose.
Let's go.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm starting to think the people who are saying the government is going to throw you into a FEMA camp and the government could be behind the strike are people FROM the government. Why are they here? Because they know the people are about at their wit's end with taking it in the ass from the long dick of the law, and they aren't sure if they're going to be able to weather the storm that's on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
For over thirty years I have been a Patriot. For those new to this term I will define it: during the first Revolution ‘we the people’ took up arms, our own, and fought for our freedom. There was the Patriots and the Loyalists. We did not have a President. Patriotism is taken from this word which means to defend FREEDOM, not necessarily a president or governmental body, but freedom in general for all.

The Second Amendment was for that purpose alone, that we the people would always have the right to take up our arms, guns, against any governing body that would try to usurp our freedom.

Like many of you I grew up believing that the people we elected to serve us as our voice to the world, would in fact actually defend freedom and protect the Constitutional Rights of all the people of America. The Constitution enumerates the rights of all Americans, not just some, based on some outside criteria or label created by man. These rights were to ensure us that we would never know a Police State mentality or Dictatorship regime.

I spoke out. I helped stop GWEN. I fielded calls and passed on intel. I prayed and believed that the American people would never stand for such a takeover. When JFK was shot I knew in my small child heart something had changed and was not good.

I saw 9/11 happen and I knew with the first plane it was an inside job and did not bode well for America. I heard General Keegan speak, I remember the history of Nazi Germany and how Hitler rose to power and all the politics that went with is. Still I wanted to believe that not in America would this happen.

The election was not fixed, it is stacked. They use two of their people and then let the attacks happen and see which one the people get behind, then they push the envelope and which ever one wins, we still lose.

I drove across the country and only one name kept coming up on signs everywhere between here and the NE most part of Maine, Ron Paul.

Dr. Keys is fighting in court to stop Obama as are so many, yet the Judiciary is backing the takeover. Hollywood is on board.

I am in grief and pain in my heart for the death of America and its freedom, as Abraham Lincoln said, “our Enemy will come from within.” How can so many be fooled? They are tired, they are scared and they are uneducated in truth.

What can be done? The law will not help us. Even the FBI who is supposed to be the strong defender, counts those who care about freedom and desire to protect the Constitutional Rights of all, as terrorists.

I was on a site looking into solar panels for RV’s and the site asks us, “If you are not prepared, tell me why?” Maybe because so many of us have enough to get through the week or the month and nothing more. Are we joining together to help one another? NO. Are we giving jobs to those of like mind so we can have enough to buy survival equipment? NO.

But even if we had the stuff, where do we think we are going? This is a global takeover. They have weapons we know not of. They have technologies they have been testing including drugs. We can complain and we can file petitions, we can protest, but as we have seen they have little or no affect. Give me answers. As a Near Death Survivor I came back with a message and hope in my heart and today I feel empty and sad for humanity for it appears they prefer slavery, oppression, abuse, lies and deception to the opposite.

I am somewhere now where I am cut off from former friends and feel very alone. Now more the ever.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ahhh! The good ol' sweet North American fashion of protesting...

- Make it peaceful up to religious proportions, so that police, once again, will have the upper hand on the situation by easily squashing or repelling the protesters
- Call/organize it weeks, if not months, in advance, so that the police and the intelligence agencies will have all the time they need to infiltrate and/or disrupt the organizing of the actions, and gather tons of relevant infos.
- Having massive actions organized by bureaucratic organizations and groups where it's almost impossible to have a voice in the organizing process , and that are led by authoritarian manipulators who will never face the consequences of their bad organizing and stupid actions, but let the "soldiers" take all the hits.

You wanna know why your governments have become so powerful wth its Police State, in their repression and massive control?

Simple: because you let them do it. To a point that they do not fear you, because your opposition has become symbolic and vain and their weapons have become concrete and dangerous.

It might be possible to revert things, or just to turn them a bit more to the advantage of the people, but it's surely not by keeping on playing that insane game of the "victim". If you want to make this action to work, then you have to become a clear threat to them, you have to be so violent and crazy that they will nto knoqw how to react, and might even run away from a crowd of a hundred angry hippies.

Talking about Thailand, these protest were not so peaceful in nature, and as far as I know (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) they were not planned weeks in advance so that the government would get all prepared for any situation. I really don't see what's the ppint with trying to reproduce something that happened in a Third World country that is completely different to the US, where there is a strong anarchist movement, and a government that's far from being as strong, resourceful and omnipresent as in the US.

Actually I am yet very positively surprised by this idea of doing such a large scale operation of disruprtion (actually I've been hoping for that kind of thing to happen for a long time), and that's the kind of thing that can really shake up the cage of this system, but you don't do something like that in a soft, hippie way. The riot squads have some very simnple ways to deal with the buddhists and non-violence queens of this world: the stick.

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by questioningall

I had a feeling that stopping the airport runways was indeed going to make it to America. This will be extremely interesting to watch how this will develop and how the cops will handle this.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by solarstorm]

THey'll handle it just as they've been handling most peaceful demos in the past few years.... with tons of nerve gas of the most acid kind, rubber bullet guns, flash grenades, tasers, agents overtrained for riot control, wearing full body armor and shielding. The unlucky or naive ones will end up being savagely beaten and threatened by pigs, and they should expect to spend an uncertain amount of time in prison and/or detention camps. And then the activist leaders will return home and tell the alternative media about the issue of intensifying repression as if it was something new, and call for peaceful demos in support of those detained. Surprise surprise. Did you expect something else, solarstorm?

To all the people who wanna get to these demos, this is gonna hurt very bad, so at least bring a gas mask, your ID and the phone number of a good lawyer, since you're up for some serious fighting.

The4 goioid thing with genewral strikes: everybody can participate and do his/her part in each specific context (by organizing with co-workers, as an example), without even having to move where the crowd is, althoiugh you still have to make some statement in your actions. Personnally, I think civilian insurrection is the best way to gain social justice, butn a general strike, if it gets wide and unlimited is the best weapon against any State.

[edit on 5/2/09 by Echtelion]

[edit on 5/2/09 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
as a canadian, i am protesting the pot laws here, if they, tptb, give us the true freedom to smoke this plant, there will not be that many people complaining, no, wait, the ones who do not smoke will complain, eh, ce la vie

but, on the protest... hehehe, living in a wee village, i could march to the 'downtown' and lol, well, not many people would notice nor care, and yet, well, someone would surely call the men with butterfly nets and needles....

if those in the northern cities will not mind the cold, or snow, or rain, then it might work....

i have doubts this will fly far... first, how many people will know about this to begin with, then, how many of them will participate?

also, coastal airports, flights coming in from europe or asia, no runways available, oh crap, i am about to hit that wa...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It indeed looks hopeless. Visit all your friends, spend your last few dollars on a good bottle of Canadian Wisky, have one last party, then put your head between your legs and kiss your A$$ goodbye.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I'd go if we could use the taser on michael moore.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
All this protesting/demonstrating is like burning down your own house because you don't like the carpet . . . instead of having to live with ugly carpet you have to live in ruins.

What does accomplish? Not a thing. It doesn't even make the opinions look credible.

Hey guys! Let's protest the bad economy by hurting it more!

If you want to help go do something productive, produce something, sell & buy, engage in commerce locally.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Protesting against the pending Stimulus Bill on March 13th is entirely too late and ineffective -- the Stimulus Bill is being debated right now. If you want to do something truly effective to prevent the Stimulus Bill, go to this website and send a message to your Senators to vote against the bill. You need to act immediately.

secure2.convio.net...

This is the website for Council for Citizens Against Government Waste. It contains an easy to use letter to send to your Senators to vote against the absolutely disastrous Pork Bill parading as a Stimulus Bill.

Forget airport sit-ins. That is completely ineffective drama stunt. Do something truly effective and contact your Senator now!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

I do see some truth in what you are saying but you have to admit he people in control of our country have NO idea what they are doing. Whether its the evil bankers, the fed, Illuminati, something stinks.

I don't see anything wrong with some peaceful protest. What if African Americans did nothing and just decided to go about their normal business in the civil rights era?

Protest has worked in the past and I think we need it now more than ever. We need REAL change and so far Mr. Obama has not delivered.

So why not? Let the people get together and try to make a difference. If no one gets out of line, maybe some others will wake up!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yes, where do I sign up? Anyone know of any local groups in the LA area?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I am NOT the one organizing this or anything. I found it on Michael Moore's website.

Michael Moore? :bnghd:

If that's the case no wonder nobody really cares!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello My Fellow Americans!

I'm one of the many 'organizers', but what I really am is fed up and scared! Some posts here are wondering what the protests are for... strange question as far as I can see. If you're happy with the TARP 'Bailouts', then you have no reason to participate in protests. If you're happy with the strong-arm, taser & gun happy 'police' gone criminal, then you have no reason to participate in protests. If you're satisfied with losing your rights, as in "The Bill of", and the long list of legislations which have effectively abolished our Constitution- then you have no reason to participate in the protests. If you don't mind 'owning' your property but are still required to pay yearly property tax until the day you die, then you have no reason to participate in the protests. If you're happy with your child being fed propaganda disguised as education in their drug infested school, then you have no reason to participate in the protests. I can go on, so let me know if you need more reasons.

reply to post by ll__raine__ll

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

No my dear, you are most certainly not alone!

Your prayers are multiplied by your love for our Nation!

Indeed, your voice and prayers are echoed, and great men of valor have heard your prayers.
we pray with you ,good sister, for all our sakes.
Thank you for your eloquent post!
Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"Walk on Washington"...Time for Voices to make a Difference Again!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The Founding Fathers dressed up as Indians to dump tea into the harbor for what is known as the Boston Tea Party. They boarded commercial vessels and destroyed the cargo on board to protest being taxed by the English monarchy, while being provided with no reasonable representation in English Parliament. Being disguised was a necessary protection: they would have been arrested and tried as terrorists.

THE U.S. GOVERNMENT DECLARES WAR ON YOU
AND YOU ACCEPT IT

With the Iraq war dragging on longer than WWII, solely for corporate profits, and the passage of FISA, the bailouts -all against the American voters desires and demands- it is painfully obvious our system of checks and balances have been hijacked by privilege and special interests.

To a corporation, a politician is just another employee.

Seventy-five percent of our Gross Domestic Product, the profit-making of our country, is generated by consumer spending. That means We, the American People, control 75% of the U.S. economy. If we join together, work together, strive together, and STRIKE together; we can beat THEIR system!

Not through rallies or marches but by simple non-compliance.

You do NOT need to sign up, buy a membership or commit.

Simple Non-Violent Resistance steps:

A. MOVE MONEY OUT OF BIG BANKS ie: Bank of America, Wells Fargo, HSBC (Bank of China), CITBANK Move to local credit unions.

B. Stop using credit cards - every transaction generates an automatic 1-2% fee to the banks from the store you are buying from. Stop using bank ATM's- that generate fees!!! USE CASH and Trade as much as possible.

C. BUY USED CARS, SHOP GARAGE SALES, AND EXCHANGE GOODS/SERVICES ON CRAIGS LIST.

D. BUY LOCAL! look at where something is actually made. Choose the brand that is made closest to your home-

FOR COMPLETE LIST SEE www.votestrike.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

What! are you kidding me?! You want us to interupt our lives for something?!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Not a real bright idea especially considering the fact that what they are doing is FEDERAL OFFENSE and home land security will be involved. So unless You feel like going to jail and being stuck with a 20k fine it might be best to not do it at all. They might also think about blocking the roads in their down town areas instead because You will just get thrown in the city jail and fined a few hundred bucks.....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What are the organizers smoking, thinking protestors will be able to stage sit-ins on tarmacs? I'd love to see that happen at DCA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join