It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass U.S. and Canada Demonstrations Set for March 13th-19th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
How many of you were/are against the Bailouts? I know I certainly am. And all you want to do is just write your congressmen who (unless your very fortunate) will most likely ignore you. Yeah protests like this are dangerous and can have serious repercussions, but you know what it's a lot better than what Greece & Iceland have been through. These people aren't looting, or destroying any property, their just using airports as a tool to get attention. To make people aware of us against the bailouts. Yeah an airport probably isn't the best place to protest, but if it gets attention to the thousands of us who are against the bailouts, then it's worth it. We need to stop our government taking advantage of us and unfortunately writing your congressmen isn't working thus far, did Martin Luther King just sit down and watch his people be abused? Did our founding fathers just let Britain tax them into oblivion? No, they peacefully protested and that's what we need to do. Sitting on a runway may not be smart, but it is not at all violent.

A HUGE part of successful protesting is gaining public support.
By being a nuisance and disrupting the lives of others, there is not going to be any positive support.

Just look at the recent occupation of the runway in the UK. The majority of the public are behind those protesting, we support their argument that another runway is not a good idea right now, and that it is purely to increase the profits of a few corporations. But, that protest was negative, disruptive, it pissed off a lot of people and many refused to accept that it was justified.

Instead of gaining support or furthering their cause, they angered a lot of people by being irrational and irresponsible.
It went against them because it allowed the airlines and corporations to make a mountain out of a molehill and blame the protesters too. They had the perfect opportunity to cancel flights, delay people and then point the finger squarely at the protesters as the ones responsible.

This is what I mean by bad PR!

Protest, walk with banners, have speeches outside regional offices, gain public support by agreeing on what the goal is.

France protested. They didn't need to block runways, boycott businesses indiscriminately, or call for strikes across every sector. Yes they were on strike (they are French
(joke)) but this was specifically their industry.

There were scuffles, as there will be in America.

But calling for illegal actions and actions that'll harm people, businesses and the country as a whole is highly irresponsible and completely irrational.

The federal government is the enemy in this instance, and change of actions/furthering awareness are the goals.
Only mass protests done legally and thoughtfully will succeed in bringing people out in support.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If I didnt live in England then I would join in on this!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now I know what the FEMA detention camps are for. The feds found out about the protests and are going to lock-up a big chunk of the population.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this is for all the real motha #@s out their, i know u aint scared to die. we all gotta go you know, a real motha #@ will pick the time they go.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
March 17 St Patricks Day .

Al~ key~ hol ......... Protests .......... messy .

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Do you want change????

Try running for an elected office.

If enough of us do this, we can take our government back.

Sitting on a runway is only going to get you; tased, shot, or arrested and beat up.

Not going to work is only going to give someone else your job, God only knows there are plenty of people willing to take it right now.

Camping out in front of representatives homes and offices might get some attention, but that too will probably get you thrown in jail, if you haven't broken a law, they will invent one for you.

Best solution:
Get involved in politics yourself, I a going to run for an office this year and I would encourage everyone else to do so as well. I do not have an abundance of money just as most of you, but if we do the leg work, there ARE enough people in this country sick of the crap that is going on and want some real change, so we do have a shot, more so now than any other time in recent history.

It is time for US to take back what is rightfully ours.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by questioningall

I had a feeling that stopping the airport runways was indeed going to make it to America. This will be extremely interesting to watch how this will develop and how the cops will handle this.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by solarstorm]

I don't think I would be willing to sit on a airport runway, some jerk might just decide to land the plane on top of ya...
and condiering the no work thing...especially if another rebate check comes around that time...lol...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know about being labeled terrorists, but obstructing air traffic is a federal offense. Anyone that does sits out on a runway will likely see themselves in federal prison very soon. I would not encourage anyone to do this.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
what a shame a specific agenda for the march protests wasn't decided before a call was put out to the people. (it's a bit like having a grand opening of a store with no products in it)

from what i've read and heard i'm sure plenty of support could be gathered for legal, non-disruptive, peaceful protests but it has to be organized properly and responsibly.

just protesting about 'bailouts' or 'government' is nonsense; the issues have to specified in more depth to have any effect. someone needs to step up to the plate, outline your agenda, propose a plan and THEN call for co-ordination help.

ironically people need a leader for these types of efforts otherwise ya'll just bumbling around in the dark, lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

My nearest major airport is adjacent to NASA Glenn Research facility where they conduct a multitude of studies with sound. They will just blast the protesters with low frequency sound waves.

LOL, hilarious!
That's the thing. These other countries that pull off these demonstrations have governments with little to no good technology.
But here in the states we have to worry about all sorts of "High Tech" "High Pain"
tactics. LOL.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, well, well, well, well

I decided to check the planets for the 13th of march and the transits may bring a little too much - energy! I think some parts of the world...well it will get violent. The violence produced is necessarey for their spirit(lack of) hard F school -

Anyway please every one, we have the chance and the power to really change things this time - Keeping a nice strong confident vibration, thats all!

If your stoned do not show up - If your emotional - fix that, or don't show up...- (mayby the whole world should stage this thing and not show up and resume their normal routine, that way they could look out of their windows and see the magnitude of what they are up against)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am canadian and I am against protesting usually.
I live 5 blocks from parliment and get sick of these jerks running around with signs saying I'M PISSED OFF I'M PISSED OFF.
However this is something I would participate in but ONLY if there was a signifigant number of people who did as well.
Change comes from power by numbers not by holding a sign and being allowed to stand there with it.

If we could get the result Thailand did then I will see you all there.
Star and Flag!!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

what are the canadians protesting about?
i don't know anything about your politics.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Am I missing something?

What about all the innocent passengers you murder by not allowing the planes they're on any place to land. The protest has to start sometime right? And at that time THERE WILL BE PLANES IN THE AIR.

Funny how people calling for protests never have any common sense.

If you want to protest, call or write to your representatives in government.

The worst part about mass demonstrations like this is that EVERY MEMBER of government will point to them as support for their causes and nothing will change. You have to be very specific for protesting to cause anything but chaos for the people. Trust me, government official would quietly love it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, how will we all go protest when "An Earth shaking" Earthquake is just waiting to happen, eh Questioningall, eh?

I didn't catch exactly what the purpose of the protests was?

And why?

What are Canadians going to protest for?

And, as many others have said- Sitting on a runway, is a damn good way to get yourself tazed.
Way to accomplish something.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

I can't speak for the rest of the canucks here but I am protesting the corruption and complacency of this system I live in.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Something none of you have mentioned...what if this is a "red herring"....a way for the "hunter" to draw the rabbits out of their warrens?????

Given the advanced notice and disorganized air about this protest...people...Big Brother will have your number....get what I am saying?

Protest all you want, but to gain sympathy of those unable to join in...do it in a sane and not INsane manner.

~Holly

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
CNN pulled this out immediately but some site got the info and posted it:
alegrescorner.soapblox.net...

We're not finished folks - not by a long shot!
Bank Executive compensation... read it and weep..
by: FlaDemFem
Wed Feb 04, 2009 at 23:30:46 PM EST

I am just going to post this list from CNN Money so you all can see exactly what the difference between salary and compensation is. It's is tremendous, really tremendous. Too bad the rest of us can't get bonuses that are several times the amount of our annual salaries. If the banks can pay people like this, why do they need money from us?

The list below the fold.. the first number is the salary, the second number is their total compensation...hang on to your chair....and your rage.
FlaDemFem :: Bank Executive compensation... read it and weep..
Bank Executive Salary Total
Compensation
Bank of America Kenneth D. Lewis
Chairman and CEO
$1.5 million $24.8 million

Bank of America Joe L. Price

Chief Financial Officer
$800,000 $6.5 million

Bank of America Amy Woods Brinkley

Global Risk Executive
$800,000 $9.3 million

Bank of America Barbara J. Desoer

Global Technology and Operations Executive
$800,000 $10.5 million

Bank of America Liam E. McGee

President Global Consumer and Small Business Banking
$800,000 $12.2 million

Bank of America Brian T. Moynihan
President of Global Corporate and Investment Banking
$718,859 $10.1 million

Bank of America R. Eugene Taylor
Former Vice Chairman and Former President, Global Corporate and Investment Banking
$800,000 $3.3 million

Citigroup Sir Winfried Bischoff
Chairman
$373,734 $6.1 million

Citigroup Vikram Pandit
CEO
$250,000 573,813
Citigroup Gary Crittenden
Chief Financial Officer
$403,410 $19.4 million

Citigroup Sallie Krawcheck
Chair and CEO-GWM
$500,000 $7.1 million

Citigroup Lewis Kaden
Vice Chairman
$500,000 $6.8 million

Citigroup Michael Klein
CEO- Global Banking
$212,500 $7.9 million

Citigroup Stephen Volk
Vice Chairman
$212,500 $7.6 million

Citigroup Charles Prince
Former Chairman and CEO
$1 million $15.1 million

Goldman Sachs Lloyd C. Blankfein
Chairman and CEO
$600,000 $70.3 million

Goldman Sachs Gary D. Cohn
President and Chief Operating Officer
$600,000 $72.5 million

Goldman Sachs Jon Winkelried
President and Chief Operating Officer
$600,000 $71.5 million

Goldman Sachs David A. Viniar
Chief Financial Officer
$600,000 $58.5 million

Goldman Sachs Edward C. Forst
Chief Administrative Officer
$600,000 $49.1 million

JP Morgan Chase James Dimon
Chairman and CEO
$1 million $27.8 million

JP Morgan Chase Michael J. Cavanagh
Chief financial officer
$500,000 $8.3 million

JP Morgan Chase Steven D. Black
Co-CEO Investment Bank
$400,000 $20.9 million

JP Morgan Chase James E. Staley
CEO Asset Management
$400,000 $16.7 million

JP Morgan Chase William T. Winters
Co-CEO Investment Bank
$564,379 $21.2 million

Merrill Lynch John A. Thain
Chief Executive Officer
$57,692 $17.3 million

Merrill Lynch Nelson Chai
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
$34,615 $1.7 million

Merrill Lynch Gregory J. Fleming
President & Chief Operating Officer
$350,000 $27.4 million

Merrill Lynch Robert J. McCann
Executive Vice President
$350,000 $5 million

Merrill Lynch Jeffrey N. Edwards
Former Chief Financial Officer
$275,000 $2.6 million

Merrill Lynch E. Stanley O'Neal
Former Chief Executive Officer
$584,231 $24.3 million

Merrill Lynch Ahmass L. Fakahany
Former Co-President and Co-Chief Operating Officer
$350,000 $4.6 million

Merrill Lynch Dow Kim
Former Executive Vice President
$309,615 $14.5 million

Morgan Stanley John J. Mack
Chairman and CEO
$800,000 $1.6 million

Morgan Stanley Colm Kelleher
Chief Financial Officer
$339,603 $21 million

Morgan Stanley David H. Sidwell
Former Chief Financial Officer
$275,000 $14.6 million

Morgan Stanley Robert W. Scully
Co-President
$500,000 $15.2 million

Morgan Stanley Gary G. Lynch
Chief Legal Officer
$300,000 $11.9 million

I hit limit, pls post

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

First, a protest should be a huge rally on Capital Hill with maybe smaller demonstrations at the residences of state and federal representatives to gain public awareness of the corruption of the FED and the NWO (world government in the name of globalism). Secondly, once everyone is aware, a well organized tax revolt would definitely get the attention of the PTB. Yes, some may eventually be arrested, but not if 75% of the nation participated. This nonviolent act of protest would go without saying. It would be self explanatory and would be undeniably successful in restoring power to the people.

If a group could organize something to this extent, many people would be on board. US income taxes are largely illegal (as is) and will soon go through the roof (with no new programs to show for it). Those tax payers who do not understand the repercussions of this bailout corruption: using tax payer money against the people's will, the nationalization of private banks, and the continued dismantling of our Constitution will wake up once they see peaceful yet purposeful demonstrations and large rallies. Then, and only then, could we organize a successful tax revolt---hitting the PTB right where it counts!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Should I say Boston Tea Party?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join