It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass U.S. and Canada Demonstrations Set for March 13th-19th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Several groups are planning for a Massive U.S. and Canada Peaceful Demonstration for March 13th -19th! This will include sit - outs on Airport Runways - to stop air traffic for days (as they did in Thailand). They also are calling for - No Work, No School, No Shopping!

I originally found this on Michael Moore's website:
www.michaelmoore.com...

First here is a link to Voter's Strike page with groups listed:
www.votestrike.com...

here is the site, with the below information:
votestrike.webs.com...

USA and CANADA: MASSIVE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE PLANNED FOR MARCH

IVAW will march on Washington DC. Several other groups are planning to hold sit down protests on major airport runways across the country, freezing air travel for days. VoteStrike.com is asking members to protest locally in front of your reps personal residence or at local media outlets.

There is also a 'Stay Home' strike called for the March 13-19th: No work! No school! No shopping!

For a complete list of boycotts to end the bailouts go to www.votestrike.com...

So, my question is to everybody......

We have complained to each other and we have discussed all the various problems with our govt. and their secret missions........

So, now are we each willing to go out and actually demonstrate against, what we have complained about and try to do something?

So will you? What is your opinion?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I had a feeling that stopping the airport runways was indeed going to make it to America. This will be extremely interesting to watch how this will develop and how the cops will handle this.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm already updating ALL my posts, blogs, email lists, forums etc....and I will be RIGHT in the middle of all of this. This was what I was waiting for and personally it's time for us to stop being so bloody complacent. We can definitely argue and debate online, but this will test our mettle whether we will do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
what specifically are you going to be protesting about on march 13 and what kind of resolutions are you seeking? i read some of the links you provided but they seem a bit general.

i'll be interested in watching how it all pans out. not so sure sitting on a runway is such a good idea though, lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Im not sure how the whole sit-outs on runways is gonna go over... Those people will probably be labeled terrorists and tased into unconsciousness. The fascist cops among us probably have itchy trigger fingers just thinking about it...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

What is the strike for? The wasteful spending? Government corruption? I'm looking at the pages and I don't see it. Am i missing something?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't get it.

If we get anywhere near an airport without a ticket, we will be arrested as terrorists. Maybe the US Gov't saw all this coming long ago, when they tried to make sure flying was an extra uncomfortable inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Stay home day? What am I supposed to be protesting by doing this, being one of the people still lucky enough to have a secure job? No thank you. I will not be participating in any protests that in any way indicate that I am dissatisfied with my job or career. I have a family to provide for and, by and large, love my job.

Now, if maybe the organizers can extract their heads from their butts long enough to recognize that none of us who are employed should be directing our anger at our employers, but rather at the government that's screwing us all over... maybe it could go somewhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just in time for them to open the new FEMA camps, enjoy your stay.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This Stay-home-from-work-school-no-shopping "protest" should unfortunately be easy for a few million folks that have just lost their jobs, and have no money to really go shopping.

Please don't go try to sit on runways at any US airport, you will be arrested faster than an unoccupied car at the terminal loading/unloading zone.

Try instead, contacting your local representatives, E-mail your congressperson.Then spend the rest of the day as a volunteer at your local food bank/soup kitchen. Or just donate some of your food to folks less fortunate than yourself.

While your efforts are noble, they wont garner any sympathy from TBTB.

Peace

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I dont buy this!
Whats the protest about and why is everybody starring this?

There is no reason for the protest and I'm supposed to go to my local airport to get arrested?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That and why so far away MARCH 13-19 ? To give all the authorities time to get the names of everyone signing up or showing up?
If this was a real protest it wouldn't be that far out and they wouldn't be advertising it so freely now with it being so far away.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Seriously
What am I supposed to do? Go there find a security cop and tell him I’m there to protest something that I’m not entirely sure what for but that I’m really upset over it and oh by the way which way is it to the runway?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by SLAYER69

That and why so far away MARCH 13-19 ? To give all the authorities time to get the names of everyone signing up or showing up?
If this was a real protest it wouldn't be that far out and they wouldn't be advertising it so freely now with it being so far away.

I guess it is to get people set on that date. It seems here in the U.S. we are not standing up to what the govt. is doing.

Point to other post, I am NOT the one organizing this or anything. I found it on Michael Moore's website.

What it is about: it is about giving our tax money to banks, as it is not helping us, it is about getting the govt. more responsible and stop giving our money away to the Elite.

That is what I have gleened from it. Look at some of the other websites that are listed on the second link.

So, I am passing the info along.

The other thing it says, is protest in front of your representatives house etc. It does not say - the only thing is the airports. It is trying to get people out to demonstrate in various places, so that will get media attention to the U.S. and Canadian people - showing they do not like what is going on.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
the no work, no school, no shopping part is funny. I got three out of three done already.

There aint no way in hell people are going to get out and block runways. They will be stopped on the highways as they approach.

Want to be effective? Get ALL those people to write and call their elected representatives. We almost got the first bailouts stopped. They were gonna just shove them through but we at least slowed down the process.
The no shopping part - that's pretty effective too.

be constructive - build towards a better future

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Funny how those dates of this "protest" about nothing
coincide with many Spring Breaks around the country.

Just a bunch of bored college kids who can't afford to drive to Panama City. Good luck getting jobs after school with a shiny new arrest for a federal crime in your record.

Good luck getting onto the runways of major airports. Hope you don't get run over or sucked into a turbofan by a landing or taxiing 737 or shot by homeland security officers. I know I would shoot at you.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Just a bunch of bored college kids who can't afford to drive to Panama City. Good luck getting jobs after school with a shiny new arrest for a federal crime in your record.

Good luck getting onto the runways of major airports. Hope you don't get run over or sucked into a turbofan by a landing or taxiing 737 or shot by homeland security officers. I know I would shoot at you.

If you were in that position I am betting you would have some of those new non lethal toys to play with. It's just a matter of time before the heat rays are added to perimeter defenses of high value properties.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by jibeho

If you were in that position I am betting you would have some of those new non lethal toys to play with. It's just a matter of time before the heat rays are added to perimeter defenses of high value properties.

My nearest major airport is adjacent to NASA Glenn Research facility where they conduct a multitude of studies with sound. They will just blast the protesters with low frequency sound waves.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm going to echo the sentiments here.

Staying home? That'll look good to any employer desperate to loose a few staff but doesn't yet have a valid reason.

Why would anyone who still has a job risk their position by staying at home?!
Ridiculous.
It's not your bosses that should be punished, it's government for giving away billions of your $ without guarantees.

No shopping? Again, you're punishing the wrong people here. The small family business down the street will be really appreciative of this won't they? It could potentially sink them after one day of action.

Airport disruption? Not a chance.
Any protester is likely to be shot through the head before they get through a fence and onto a runway. And advertising the fact before hand isn't really beneficial to the success of action.

Mass protests? Now that is something I could get behind. Act within your laws, protest loudly and passionately in large enough numbers to show the rest of the world and your elected officials that you are not happy.

My, you can see why Americans are really no good at protesting. You aim it at the wrong people, seem to have the wrong goals in mind and communicate the wrong message to millions of others who would otherwise willingly support you.

This will not gain support across the USA or Canada because people are being asked to sacrifice and risk far too much in order to make a point. These are people who only get off their asses long enough to walk to their cars, these are people who like the idea of protesting, get angry about the way their country is going, but expect that someone else will express it for them because they just don't have the time. Suddenly these lazy people are expected to become militant protesters, raiding transport networks, risking their jobs, going without? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Limit it to mass civil protests and rallies, and there might be enough people empowered to take part. Asking for anything more than holding a banner and walking a block or two is seriously not going to happen.

The entire point of peaceful protest is to express to leadership and global audience that the average person is not happy with the way things are being done. You don't achieve this by punishing individual shop owners and employers, and you certainly don't get the numbers by asking people to take risks.

The organizers of this demo need to ask for assistance from a European protest group. It is as much about PR and getting it right as it is about the point you want to make.
And at the moment, with all these suggestions of risks and illegal actions, they're not going to get the numbers of support they'll need to make any impact.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
votestrike.com... is advertising this as an anti-war demostration in DC MARCH 13-19TH 2009 ???

This site will ship free flyrers anywhere.

www.votestrike.com...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by venividivici]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join