It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Mystery of the Bible. Babylon the Great

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The Greatest Mystery of the Bible
The woman in the Red Dress

Morpheus: Were you listening to me, Neo? Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?
Neo: I was...

So... Im prayin constantly and reading constatly and I asked Christ ... Please reveal to me the hidden mysteries in The Book of Revelations. He told me he would but i would have to search for the truth... not just in Revelations... but the Truth about everything... I didnt quite understand what he meant at the time. But that would change soon. I started reading the book . Everynight and during work, i read and read and read. And alot of things came to light but many things didnt ... So i prayed and asked Christ why it didnt make sense in many aspects... So i asked him why? He said first off , I dont even know exactly how to ask him to even be able to get an appropriate answer. I started to back down and asked what i did wrong, was i lacking humility in any way. He said no your heart is humble but didnt i tell you disciples unless you turn around and become me as young children, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the Heavens (Matt 18:3) I thought about it and i realized that what he meant ... was that i need to be like a child. It was a riddle !!! I need to ask dumb child like questions... just like a 3-4 year old. So i reread the mysteries of Revelation and asked detailed child like questions about it and wouldnt you know... everything became oh so clear. The first mystery i was trying to learn was about the Great Harlot. Babylon the Great ! This took me awhile but i finally with the help of Christ put it together and in the process got a great hystory lesson.

First off lets look at the clues left in the bible... go back and read Rev 17 - 19. And now lets put the clues together ... Babylon the Great is described as this :

1. a woman well dressed and well adorned in Jewels and riches. Kinda like a celebrity (pick one)

2. she drinks from a cup of disgusting things, unclean things of her fornication

3. She has 2 titles Mother of the Harlots (Hoes) and Babylon the Great written on her for head

4. She is drunk from the blood of the witnesses of Jesus (bearers of the truth)

This is the first part... and the second clues are these

1. in one day her plauges will come. Death, Mourning, and Famine

2. The Kings of the Earth who fornicated with her... will weep and cry when they see the smoke of her getting burnt up

3. People will stand at a distance and say too bad too bad oh Great City. Because you fell in one hour.

4. The merchants of the earth will weep because there is no one left to buy their stock

5. People who found great fruit in her before will never find that fruit again

6. the merchants of the earth will say in one hour Her riches have been devestated

And with these clues i started searching and i found out the truth. Lets answer them together. So now lets act like we are little kids and we are playing Blues Clues ! Which happens to be a certain little boys favorite show =) Steve would sit down with his magic notebook and say alrighty , What woman exist that is also a city and she is rich and well dressed. She eats unhealthy . She kills people that tell the truth. Hmmm thats kinda tough , I mean all cities are kinda like that... but lets narrow it down to Amercia and the cities that are like that here. Of this description i would narrow it down to 5 cities. Miami, FL- Washington DC- Chicago IL- Las Vegas- and New York City. And we all know which one of these five is the richest and its not Vegas. NYC ! And then I started comparing all the other clues with these 5 cities and then it hit me. What city did Death, Mourning and Famine hit in one day ? What city has all the Kings of the earth fornicated with ? What city will cause people to cry and weep when they see the smoke rising from her ? What city did the Merchants of the earth cry over because no one will Buy their Stock ?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Continued

NEW YORK CITY

When the world trade center twin towers fell on Sept 11 2001. It changed the world forever. And since then America has been losing money more and more and more. On that day and in one Hour , it devestated the entire world economy . People who were rich in the stock market will never be that rich again ... they will never get the kind of fruit they were getting. It was all there ! Every word of the prophecy about Babylon the great has been fullfilled in perfect accuracy. Take a second to take it all in.....
Ok so lets back track... Does that mean New York city is babylon the great ? I mean it all adds up but still doesnt make sense. The world doesnt just depend on NYC or in the world trade center. That is true, but the world trade center, The Great Exile or Harlot that sits on many waters and new york are all symbols of what

www.allposters.com... =20

The American Dream... The idea that money and entertainment and financial prosperty can make everyone happy !
"Traditionally, Americans have sought to realise the American dream of success, fame and wealth through thrift and hard work".- Matthew Washauer. I know that when you are reading these words that your stomach hurts. Mine sure did. Because this is what we have been trained to think and believe every day of our lives here in America. Be a winner. Work hard and make that money. Give your kids better things than you had growing up. In school your kids are being taught that the only way they are going to survive is if they graduate and go to college and get a degree. They are taught that this is the difference between being wealthy and slavery. You know its true. And are we taught to help everyone get into college. Of course not. We are taught that the less that get in and do well the better it is for your own personal success. This idea is the Whore of Whores, and it makes mankind enslaved to their own materialistic desires vs being a servant to God. And when people try to tell others the truth what happens to them? What would really happen if Christ came back to earth and told everyone to quit their jobs and sell all their belongings and follow him to the mountains and we will camp out for 40 years or so. Who would join him. lol He would get shot at ! Most people would be doing anything they can to take the guy out... This is the type of blood babylon the great is drunk with... The American Dream is the exact opposite of Christ and what he teaches. He teaches that if you have been blessed with money and you are his servant... he expects you to apportion it out to the rest of his people. In Christ Kingdom... its all or nothing. We are all rich or all poor no one gets fed or everyone gets full... Actually its more like everyone gets full. If you were to preach that idea today... they would accuse you of being a communist... or maybe a terrorist , who knows. We the People of this country and we the people of this earth have become whores. We have gotten used to a lifestyle of drinking and #ing and we have fallen in love with money. Who does that sound like. A WHORE... The Whore of Whores is right now the People of America because we exchanged our most Precious thing, our Soul in exchange for Financial Prosperity. We were the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. But we stopped reading the fine print. And just like Animal Farm, the Pigs became worse than old farmer Jones. We are the Great Mystery. We got greedy and let people start thinking for us, for money and comfort. Just like a whore. And what happend to Babylon the Great ? The Great Whore - The American Dream got smoked on Sept 11 2001 ! Now the next mystery is... Who is the Wild beast who will devour the Harlot ?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Israel? Korea?

This is a second line,

and this is a third.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i see how that makes some sense but how can you know for sure?.. and if it is true.. what do we do/ whats that mean?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Me thinks in your zeal, that you skip right over the explanations that are already revealed:

Rev 17:1-2
1One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."

Then it goes on to describe the kings as a beast, but that is not the most important part. The whore of Babylon sits on many waters. If you read the entire chapter it gets to that part.

Rev 17:15
15Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

Yet in Rev 17:18 she is also called the great city that rules over the kings of the earth. There is a distinction here as in one frame of reference she is a prostitute riding a beast made of the kings of the earth who fornicate with her and at the end of the chapter she is also the great city who rules over them. What this entire verse is describing is the creation of the physical given over to imperfection having the spirit of uncleanliness until the time when God uses the beast to return upon her a judgment of her own making:

Rev 17:16-17
16The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God's words are fulfilled.

The prostitute who will become the woman who is the great city who will rule over the kings of the earth sits on many waters. In other words, she is not New York, Las Vegas, or Hershey, PA but spread across the entire globe in the form of peoples, multitudes, and nations.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by ben91069]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
its too early and i havent had coffee yet lol

so im just going to copy and paste what i wrote when i copied and pasted what i wrote in another thread like this. lol

Originally posted by miriam0566
im quoting myself from another thread almost identical to this one.

¨regarding the identity of the harlot... you must first understand babylon in order to understand why the comparison is being made

¨the two babylons¨ by rev hislop is a very interesting read on this topic

you can read a digital copy here - www.biblebelievers.com...

basically he compares teachings in the church and how closely these elements that are not in the bible seem to be linked with ancient babylon.

this babylon the great is greater than the RCC.

ancient babylon was built in open defiance to god. nimrod wasnt building a city and starting his own religion out of ignorance. he would have known about the flood and god´s prophecy about a coming seed. he would have understood mankinds need for a ransom, but much like the rest of the world he wouldnt have known exactly how that was going to play out. he (and others) wanted to make a name for themselves. they didnt want to need a savior.

when you examine the ¨mysteries¨ of ancient babylon, or its religion, you see how nimrod (or those close to him, possible even by inspiration of the demons) took some element of truth and then twisted it. instead of awaiting a saviour, nimrod became the saviour. instead of god being 1 god, he became 3 in the form of a godhead. instead of preaching the truth freely, the religion became a ¨mystery¨ held by only the few, the priesthood (beginning of gnostic thinking)

when god stepped in and threw them into confusion, what happened? they scattered right? why wouldnt they take these beliefs with them?

its interesting to note that nearly every civilization that exists today has a folklore tale of a flood that wiped away evil. in all the examples elements change wildly, but they still have similarities. ( home.earthlink.net... ) this also shows that cultures and languages did infact spread with the scattering. its probable and very possible they brought babylonian teaching with them. of course it would change over time, but certain similarities would be evident even with the passing of time.

another interesting thing to note is that sometimes people look at this evidence the other way. they try to say jesus was inspired by these mythologies. but if nimrod knew about the need for a seed, then likely it would have been included.

what is scary is how everything came full circle. babylon was scattered and its teaching diluted and changed. but the last of the apostles die off and a great apostasy sets in and the corruptions that were introduced are extremely close to the original babylonian. if you look at the 2 babylons, hislop points out that virgin worship today is almost identical to the way is was in babylon. its almost as if satan is signing his signature so that we know it was his idea.

my point is that all ¨false¨ religion started with the rebellion in babylon. it was at that point that people decided that they wanted to believe something else. i think its fitting that false religion would be named ¨babylon the great¨. again, this is not only the RCC, but any and all religions that embrace a lie.

does this fit the bible account?

¨great whore that sitteth upon many waters¨ - ancient babylon eventually became indestructible, not only did it have double walls, but it was protected by rivers. this made assaults on the city nearly impossible. verse 15 of chapter 17 says that the waters are people. people supply an amount of protection for false religion in that they support it with money and even loyalty. an attack on false religion by any element of this world would likely end in failure due to this support. verse 16 talks about an attack by the ten horns (ill get into that later). so obviously something happens to these waters. in ancient babylon, the waters were diverted by cyrus and dried up. it is likely that a similar thing will happen to babylon the great. she will lose the protection and support of her people.

¨With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication¨ - Isreal was sometimes called a whore for building alliances with nations that god told them not to (ezekial 16:26,29). even gomer, habakkuk´s unfaithful wife, was used as an example of how god would forgive the fornication of isreal and would allow them to return to him. false religion has committed fornication with the kings of the earth by getting involved in their affairs. the RCC is most known for this, however all false religion is guilty of this.

¨I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast¨ - do people sit on wild animals? no, you sit on animals you have tamed. so while this beast is is ¨wild¨, babylon the great is confident that she has tamed it. enough is her confidence that she even rides it. if the beast is the governments of the world (ill explain why later) then false religion is too confident. not only do they commit fornication (mettle in government affairs) but they also think they have a measure of control

¨the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:¨ - false religion lives in shameless luxury. again not only the RCC

¨And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.¨ - several things about this verse. first you have the word ¨mystery¨ which is a direct reference to the babylonian ¨mystery¨ or religion. mother of the harlots, not all religions today are like babylonian beliefs, but all have ties to it, so while they may be harlots themselves, babylon is there ¨mother¨ or from where they got their basic beliefs from. abomination can also be a reference to idol worship which seems to be a corner stone in false worship.

¨I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints¨ - false religion has one purpose and one purpose only. to lead mankind away from god. from the false baal worship the isrealites did, to the church, they have killed and persecuted those who worship in truth. even the jewish leaders of his time called for the death of jesus and his apostles. from jezabel killing the true prophets of god to the church killing those who were trying to translate the bible into the common tongue. the bloodguilt of false religion is so much that she is drunk from it.

"And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth;¨ - its really interesting that alot of these services and things are found in temples and churches. there is always musician and sculptures and candles and weddings. but the angel here is saying no more.

¨for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.¨ - this is a key to understanding too who this is. magic is something that is forbidden by god, why? well for one it was a false form of worship. if you are asking spirit for help with something and that spirit is not god, then who are you asking? babylon teaching relied on lies and false beliefs. the world is saturated with dissenting beliefs, all designed to pul people away from god. the blood of these people who are deceived is on the hands of babylon the great. she perpetuated and coerced the world to follow her. this is why god deals with her so badly.

lets say im wrong, lets say babylon is not false religion. there are some reasons i think its defiantly NOT america.

for one, america is a political entity. political entities are usually described as wild beasts. daniel uses very similar language to revelations in describing beasts who come out of the sea. daniel clearly explains that these beasts are political nations. IF america is mentioned in revelation, it is more likely to be the beast the whore is riding on than the whore.

second. the harlot deceived with spiritistic practices. yes american government is known for lying but not with ¨spiritistic¨ ways.

third. the harlot commits fornication with the kings of the earth. even though there is nothing to say that the whore isnt a ¨king¨ (or queen if you will) the context implies an organization outside the category of ¨kings¨. not rock solid, but its hard to make it fit another way.¨

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join