It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My letter to everyone in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Dear Person,

The current government of the United States of America, since the date of 1950 till now, has covertly followed the path of its European neighbors and their political decisions, movements, plans, and plots via direction from the UN.

The government officials slowly but surely take away our rights, erase our opinions, revoke our beliefs and take away our firearms in exchange for momentary gains in wealth and recognition amongst their supporters and comrades in the name of being…

"Progressive".

The difference between America and our European counterparts is that we still have the power to change things. The current president, as with most presidents, is neither the one to look towards nor the one to defend.

The President may seem to be in charge.

The Senate or the House of Representatives may seem to be in charge.

Truth is they are not.

What really is in command is the pen and in some cases the firearm.

The people of America are upset and some a raged at the way the United States Government has treated its people; Violating their constitutional rights.

There is no need to include video, photographic, audio or documental evidence to what the powers that be are doing to us. It is present in your surroundings; your schools, your workplaces, your neighborhoods and your homes, your family, your food, your minds.

As this letter is written the following states are all in legislative preparation to establish Individual State Sovereignty from the United States Government.

Michigan,
www.legislature.mi.gov...(S(21rmjiv1sl0wvw55yxurwl55))/documents/2009-2010/Journal/House/pdf/2009-HJ-01-22-002.pdf

Montana,
data.opi.mt.gov...

Arizona,
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/1r/bills/hcr2024p.htm

New Hampshire
www.gencourt.state.nh.us...

Oklahoma
www.therightsideoflife.com...

Washington
apps.leg.wa.gov...

This means the sovereign states have the ability and right to operate independently from the Federal Government.

The Sovereign states make their own rules and defend their own territories.

“People should not fear their government, their government should fear the people” - V for Vendetta

There is no more need to talk of “change” as it never happens. “New”, is what needs to be preached. A new American Way, one without the oppression of a government and its politics. One without ignorance toward its people, their freedoms, and their rights.

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
-John Stuart Mill

Some say this will lead to civil war.

I say, whatever it may lead to the people who will fight, will fight and the people who cower, will cower.

I write in this letter, that I will accept the outcome of my decisions to support my state and others by contacting local and state officials in asking for a bill similar to those of Hew Hampshire's Resolution 6 and Washington’s HJM 4009 which call for sovereignty from the government and its associations and institutions.

We need a new America and if it has to be via the dissolving of the federal government’s command over an individual state then so be it.

-N0b0DY

[edit on 4/2/2009 by n0b0DY]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Awww crap. I remember something like this....Oh yeah! The civil war!

Really our government doesn't infringe our rights too much at all. We are one of the free countries in the world. We have free speech man, thats a blessing. States seceding would make 50 countries, all feeble, all poor, and the system of checks and balances that has worked for years would be undermined. This is a terrible Idea. What even made you come up with this stuff?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

Make sure to cite your sources...

John Stuart Mill

Especially with a quote that has stood the test of time and been (mis)used on numerous occassions...

But the major drawback to this idea is that once the $hit hits the fan, the States may not band together...be it an economic collapse that put's the current failing economy to shame, foreign invasion, or even some pandemic, support from each State would vary as resources and agendas will dictate action...

And yes, of course the Fed's have too much power over the States...there are few famous documents you can blame that on...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

Right on, Nobody...I am lucky enough to live in Ohio, where at least we have Dennis Kucinich and Marcy Kaptur to be proud of. The rest all just seem to be lapdogs for the Kleptocrazy. I wish they could transplant some ethics and backbone into some of the other politicians in Ohio.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by houdanny

Really our government doesn't infringe our rights too much at all

If you really feel this way then all you must do is watch television and eat, because if you do almost any activity outside your home and or try to build/invent/explore/experience anything else it is regulated by our gov't.

I could rephrase your statement to show it is rediculous,
"really I didn't step on your back too much at all."

[edit on 4-2-2009 by racegunz]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

You're right, it is possible that the states may not all band together. Wherever California and Massachusetts are going, I hope Florida is going the other way.

The Federal government should concern itself with providing for the military, providing for a common currency, and when required, provide for common infrastructure items.

That's it.

The rest is left up to the states.

And if we had something like a fair tax to pay to the federal government, no more than those particular responsibilities, the federal tax burden would be lifted significantly.

The military, infrastructure, and provide a common currency.

Really simple. And it's the only thing Washington can be trusted with.

Leave all the heavy lifting to the states. As intended from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by houdanny

Actually if each sovereign states held to the original constitution ,before the patriot act, then the checks and balances would not falter any. The power hungry tyrants, I mean FEDs , is what has let this country go to the pot. As far as another Civil War goes redraw the Mason Dixen Line and if you are not happy with the Feds then move below it. Hell I would join the militart if a civil war broke out just not on the Feds side.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by racegunz

oh really now. I guess I'm just completely oblivious then. What has the big bad government stopped you personally from exploring or inventing?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

ever heard of united we stand, devided we fall? All I'm saying is thatthere really isn't any reason to do this, and that all the effects I see coming from it are negative. Why seperate ourselves?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0b0DY
Dear Person,

The current government of the United States of America, since the date of 1950 till now, has covertly followed the path of its European neighbors and their political decisions, movements, plans, and plots via direction from the UN.

Im no American and because of this i think it is fair to say that statement at best is an unfair statement. The USA has influenced everybody else on this planet since the 50's. On every level at least in 1st world countries the USA has led the way, the US has been the most powerful and infuential nation on the planet and all look to their example has a useful and succesful working model. And to this very day the US is making their presence felt probably stronger than ever.
You need to realise there is more to this world than just your little corner of it, but at least you are right on one thing 'their government should fear the people' i also feel the saying 'their people should fear the people' seems rather relevant aswell.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

What I see here are a majority of states that went republican last election. So they don't get their candidate and decide to bitch and moan. Beck and O'Rielly are apparently doing the same. I guess it's alright to bare arms and overthrow the government when the candidate we don't want gets elected but the 8 year pre-cursor to this we'll just let slide
Happens on both sides unfortunately, and who the hell is deciding for the people in that state if they should go soverign or not? Absurd. If you don't like the rules then leave the country. Maybe if people actually gave the new president more than less than a month in office we could come together. Instead all these repetitive anti-Obama threads have been going on since the get go.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

top topics

join