It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian company under fire for recruiting certain zodiac signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
An Austrian insurance company has come under fire for recruiting workers born under certain star signs.

An advertisement published in major Austrian newspapers said the company was seeking employees for sales and management - but only certain star signs need apply.

"We are looking for people over 20 for part-time jobs in sales and management with the following star signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Aquarius, Aries and Leo," read the advertisement that appeared at the weekend.

Equality groups criticised the Salzburg insurance company for discriminating against those born under other zodiacal signs, but a spokesman for the company defended the advertisement, saying that statistics showed that people born under these star signs were the best workers.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Seeing as theres no evidence for astrology isn't this just another form of prejudice?

(Although I'm a Leo so I'd probably get an interview
)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I think that would be discrimination or bias.
If they did that here, I would never get a job.
(Pisces/Aries cusp)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I need a job and I am Capricorn...whoohoo

This is just ridiculous really. Most morons know star signs have no bearing on how well suited one would be to a particular position.

If I had a policy with this company I would inclined to call them up mention this story and then cancel my policy(ies) due to lack of confidence in their ability to be logical and rational.

Yes it is prejudicial and biased.

take care all
res

edit for spelling

[edit on 4-2-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Two Earth signs, two fire signs, and one air sign.. No water signs eh? Too artistic and emotional for salespeople I guess. Moody.

Capricorns are concerned with their reputation and success and do work hard to get it. Capricorn naturally rules the MC which is concerned with career. Aquarians are inventive, ahead of the times, loners. They can sit for hours brainstorming on something.
Leos are social, dramatic, and make great salespeople (or actors respectively).
Aries are ambitious and energetic, childlike enthusiasm for life.
Taurus, are hardworking, practical, stubborn. Sometimes even methodically ruttish.

I would have to agree with the Austrians that they make the best workers, but they forgot Virgo, who are analytical, responsible, organized.
And Gemini, who are amazing at finding info and multitasking.
Libra, who are naturals at fairness and mediating difficult circumstances.
Scorpios can flush out the secrets and or keep them.. Pisces are natural social workers. Cancers work hard to nurture and sustain resources.
Sagittarians will travel for free, and teach. Did I leave anyone out?

Depends on the job imo. If you want sales people then air or fire is good. If you just want a hard worker, then describe the job better. They all work hard for different reasons.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

And Gemini, who are amazing at finding info and multitasking.

I once talked to an astrologer who said that if asked, he would advice against hiring Geminis. They lose interest in things very fast, and are almost uncapable of following up a project from beginning to end.

I have no idea if his conseption of Geminis is accurate or not, I just remembered it when I saw this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
very true.. starters. Always moving to the next thing that interests them. But a highly evolved Gemini will have much experience and knowledge to share and of course use.
From trivia to really important and useful things.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Posted this in an identical thread, reposting for you guys as that thread is closed.

haha oh you statistical fools! This is a nonsence correlation thus no use as a predictor.

If bobby makes a noise like a dog while balls are picked from a bag and they count up and find that if he growls it's more likely a red ball than a green ball, then the five remaining balls (4green and one red left) are picked and bobby ONLY growls - so, the balls will all be red? haha of course not!

If you broke their workforce up using the gregorian months system, the chinese year system, the natureboy happy days system or any other random way of splitting up the birth dates then yes you would get some groups who are statistically better workers -does that mean someone born in that section of the year is a better worker? of course not!

If anything this means that they don't understand statistical mathmatics - so you might get a stupidly cheep quote, or a stupidly high quote from them but i really wouldn't invest in them

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nothing really new here.

In 1989 I interviewed for a job at a Company in Bellevue Washington US. Everything seemed to fit and at the end of my second interview I was asked to provide my birth date including time of Day, so that the owner of the company could check my Buddhist horoscope to make sure I would fit with his company.

The manager left me in the office, but I happen to have very acute hearing and I over heard a man with a Asian accent say "OH NO Very Bad" and of course when the guy came back in the room and said we'll call you I knew that I wouldn't be getting that job, but as it turns out I got a much better job at a better company a few weeks later anyway.

While it's certainly too late now - I'd never considered suing them for discrimination at the time - I just figured I was lucky not to work for such wacko's.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

join