It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO worker fell from window at UN HQ jan 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
proximately 1 yr ago today - a woman who worked for the World health Organisatio (WHO) Maria Gabriela Di Biase, was found on the ground.

I have asked about this on ATS before but no answers.
Just wondering if anyone knows anymore

I can quote a little of this article I found at:www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2008/02/17/international/i100201S73.DTL

"U.N. deputy spokeswoman Marie Okabe identified the woman who fell from the 19th floor Sunday as Maria Gabriela Di Biase.

Police and U.N. security officers, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media, said the woman had jumped from a window after showing up to work early in the morning.

Okabe said there was no suspicion of foul play. The police said they are still investigating. The official cause of death was to be determined by the medical examiner"

Does this jog any memories?
were any of you at the UN HQ on that fateful evening?
I've done a search of the Ats site but nothing can I find.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Not much out there I found this though. They covered her hands to protect her nails for possible DNA evidence

link

Sunday evening, Inner City Press published an article with two photographs. The first showed Ms. Di Biase's hand protruding from a blanket placed over her body, as below. In the second, her hands have been covered with bags and tape by the authorities. That day, police sources told Inner City Press that the bags and tape are used when there is a chance of DNA evidence from a struggle being recovered. That is why Inner City Press published the photograph, adding a warning that it might be upsetting to some readers.

Tuesday, two UN officials criticized to Inner City Press the publication of the photo. Both urged that the photo be removed. From the UN's executive office on the 38th floor, an official called the publication "tasteless" and said that the "staff is angry." But on the 5th floor, the office of the UN Staff Union, no such anger was expressed. In fact, solemn encouragement was given to further look into Maria Di Biase's death, including on the theory that if -- "if" -- she chose to jump out of the 19th floor of the UN, she was not looking for a private and unreported death. Which of these views represents that of UN staff?

new topics

join