It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jr. Republican Training Camp...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
junglejake

If there were more republicans like you i wouldn't be so anti-republican.... like i said we dont have 'crats, and 'licans over here in australia, we have labour and liberal, who are essentially the same thing. My point is i dont get alot of exposure to american politics first hand, but what i do see and what i have deduced from what i see, is republicans are genrally greedy and selfish (and to a lesser extent christian fundametalists)...

But you junglejake are truly a liberal in conservative clothes... but dont take offense to that, i know for some reason 'liberal' is seen as a dirty word by many conservatives...

I am happy to be taxed for welfae (or the dole as we call it) and pay charity, why cant everyone be so generous?

Well, first off, thanks.

But what you have to remember, you're getting media coverage and ATS posts. The media broadcasts that which will get the best ratings: Whatever makes someone or something look as bad as possible. And as for ATS, first off, we're an extreme group. This is a political discussion on a conspiracy website where many people believe Reptoids have already conquored the earth. In my personal life, I talk with many people. The protrayal of the democrat and the republican on the news, and here for that matter, is way off. Most people are moderates, we just hear about the extreamists.

Speaking of which , I'm called an extreamist by my family...Some mean it as complementary, other not. But now think about what you just wrote to me: I'm a liberal in conservative clothing, yet I'm an extreamist here, according to Joe Everybody. You're not getting the full story unless you're talking to Joe E. on the street. You're not going to find out what the American people think through polls, because only the extreamists (lol such as myself) feel strongly enough to be willing to put aside the 15 minutes to take the poll. The average american, be they conservative or liberal, is not represented by anyone in this country...
I'm glad I'm represented.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Well, first off, thanks.

But what you have to remember, you're getting media coverage and ATS posts. The media broadcasts that which will get the best ratings: Whatever makes someone or something look as bad as possible. And as for ATS, first off, we're an extreme group. This is a political discussion on a conspiracy website where many people believe Reptoids have already conquored the earth. In my personal life, I talk with many people. The protrayal of the democrat and the republican on the news, and here for that matter, is way off. Most people are moderates, we just hear about the extreamists.

Speaking of which , I'm called an extreamist by my family...Some mean it as complementary, other not. But now think about what you just wrote to me: I'm a liberal in conservative clothing, yet I'm an extreamist here, according to Joe Everybody. You're not getting the full story unless you're talking to Joe E. on the street. You're not going to find out what the American people think through polls, because only the extreamists (lol such as myself) feel strongly enough to be willing to put aside the 15 minutes to take the poll. The average american, be they conservative or liberal, is not represented by anyone in this country...
I'm glad I'm represented.

Not being in the states i understand 100% that i cant understand what the average joe there wants... but i do know what the average joe here wants and we do have liberal and conservative factions as you do (and like you the parties representing these factions arent too far apart, i.e the 'crats are conservatives in liberal clothes) I do get alot of american media coverage i.e fox news, cbs, abc, cnn, as well as UK and Aus media sources, (i have pay TV, a wonderful invention might i add) and of course, the ever radical ATS (which i only really come too for politics, reptilians and greys and stuff dont really take my fancy untill they make it obvious they are here)... but your points only demonstrate that there are no clear cut conservatives and liberals as everyone has their own opinions and there arent two set mindsets one must belong to, you are a conservative but feel some 'liberal' thoughts, where as i am a liberal but i'm surei have conservative tendencies... if only i could go to the states and vote come november... (not that kerry or bush really take my fancy... whatever happened to nader running again?)

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Let's make a couple of things clear, SAX, there's nothing liberal about JJ's way of thinking. For whatever reason, you assume if a conservative does not want the government to have his money, then he certainly won't do anything but hoard it for himself. Your misunderstanding of reality does not make reality conform to your way of thinking.

Truth of the matter is that most of the money you think the government collects to help the poor is actually wasted on bureacracy and bigger government. No helping people there, unless you count wasteful government workers.

Maybe in Queensland you don't have lazy people on the dole (both welfare users that are not needy but lazy as well as big, wastedul government agencies that rape the taxpayer) but we here in the U.S. aren't as fortunate.

<< 1   >>

join