It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone say ‘religion’ is here…to ‘control’ people?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion
3) Evidence is everywhere -

MEN blow them selves up in the name of god?

People blow up confused young girls and doctors in the name of god?

Blow themselves up? Yeah, FALSE religion, can do that to you, for sure!!!!

Also last time I checked the Lord Jesus and his (true) live the OPPOSITE to that stupidity? Correct bro?

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Certainly true...

What Christ did has nothing to do with the control I spoke of...

Its the actions of men who create the control in religion.

I mean as far as I know, in most cases, religion is between the individual and GOD.
In this state religion is 100% pure and to the point.

However when officials us religion as a tool manipulate... Then religion become controlling and dangerous.IMO

If a persons passage to heaven is based upon a relationship between god and the judged, how is it anyones business to PASS JUDGEMENT on EARTH???

My behavior will NOT effect YOUR ability to receive salvation...+ isn't Earth just a test ?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

Dude, I'm old...been all over the world, a few times at least...

I know 15 pastors....and atleast 5000 Christians (indirectly), ALL are good people....

None of them have tried to CONTROL me....and in the 35 plus yrs I've been close to the 'church' OT has seen nothing but GOODNESS....you? Where are u from? What's your experience?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

My behavior will NOT effect YOUR ability to receive salvation...+ isn't Earth just a test ?

hmm???

OT used to believe that...you are MORE POWERFUL than you know....have you read OT's favorite scripture? Hebrews 3:13?

Stink, I thought I was OFF the hook? I guess not?

the verse says.... "13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

.....the inverse? think about it?

If I don't, I dunno?????? what happens? Am I my brothers (and sisters) keeper? I think YES!!!!!!!!!

????

either way....you are the man...for staying with us, for so long....what's up the the WARN icons, man?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

isn't Earth just a test ?

yep!

It appears that way....

You passin?

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
1) Do you think faith/religion is here to control the masses?

I'm unsure.

2) Why?

There is no evidence either way.

3) Your evidence?

-

4) Did you once believe?

I was raised a catholic since I was a baby. After the death of my father, I was forced to grow up a bit, and this led to me asking myself why I am here, and why humanity is here. Not just why, but also how. And in my opinion, the story of some guy creating the world in 7 days and that our short lives with an undetermined amount of time are nowhere near sufficient enough to see how we should spend eternity.

5) Did you change?

Yes

6) Why are you an atheist?

I am not.

7) Why are you an agnostic?

I would be stupid for me to blindly believe a mainstream religion, or believe we are here for no reason and life is here by chance. There must be something higher. Maybe we are not here individually for a reason (like we're not put here on our own personal mission) but maybe we are some sort of experiment by a much higher advanced civilisation.

8) Why you are a christian?

I am not.

9) What ‘SHOULD‘ God look like/act like/be like?

N/A.

The way you have laid out your questions was not thought out very well.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
The North American Christian game is simply a legal way to launder money......

white raven....oohhh so true...for about 3% of the Amercian churches.....!!!!!

What about the other 97% man?

OT curious......

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Harrisboy42

H42, Welcome sir....

Please give OT a shot at digesting your post....I'll get back, ok?

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo
reply to post by Myrdyn

So pretty much the only religion that exists is Christianity specifically the Roman Catholic Church and its followers.

Your words, not mine. However, Catholicism is one of the big ones. There are of course hundreds of others. I wonder why?

From all the religions that exist I wonder why you only commented that one. So basically for you the reason that religion exists to control the masses IS the Roman Catholic Church... so what about the Orthodox Church? Taoism? Judaism? Budism? what about Muslims, Shintoists, Hindus, Jainists etc? Those dont exist according to you?

I gave short answers to short questions. I don't have time to write a book at present - though possibly I could.

The OP is not talking about Christianity, hes talking about Religion as a concept used as a tool of crowd control...

Is Christianity no longer a religion? - Tool for crowd control? You make it sound like a water cannon. Control of the masses through indoctrination is something entirely different.

And why the inquisition? You know the basis of the inquisition?

Yes, I most certainly do. Look it up if you're not sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harrisboy42
1) Do you think faith/religion is here to control the masses?

I'm unsure.

9) What ‘SHOULD‘ God look like/act like/be like?

N/A.

The way you have laid out your questions was not thought out very well.

number 1- very honest, well thought-thru...response...

number 9 - respect-fully....no....have you read the author from revelation? they said...

Verse 3:14-16? it says....14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot....I will vomit you out of My mouth. "

My LORD said yay or nay....black or white....N/A or applicable...that's the crux...!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Myrdyn, Whats up? OT is now online...any questions fo me?

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hi OT

No questions.. but thank you for asking. I have absolutely no belief in any religion whatsoever - though I deeply respect every single person's right to believe in what they wish. If I am asked my opinion, I will give it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh
btw, I live in Norman. Small world....

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Jaruseleh]

Yea, small world for sure.....

yea..... I saw from your avatar, you're from that state "with the winds swippin over the plains"

Just wanted you, too, to know OT, is just around the corner....for a bit...soon off to below zero weather....smile!

btw, your posts a stellar!!

OT

[edit: formatting?)

[edit on 5-2-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn

Hi OT

No questions.. but thank you for asking. I have absolutely no belief in any religion whatsoever - though I deeply respect every single person's right to believe in what they wish. If I am asked my opinion, I will give it.

OK....glad you have joined OT's humble thread...see you around...on ATS....

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
organized religion of any kind is a psycological disorder.this stunts peoples ability to think clearly outside the envelope, therefore inducing them into a semicomatose state of false hopes and uphoria hoping that some day they get to meet their mesaih , jesus , mohamed,budah, etc. therefore allowing the leaders of this world to rabidly ravage through their souls and reducing them to subhuman status. the examples are all around us on a daily basis up to and including todays mess that we are in .

jesus (bush/obama) vs mohamed (osama) Jews vs islam and so on .

lets kill each other in the name of heaven.

personally if thats what i have to do to go to heaven !!!!

well then hold that seat right next to that smelter 'cause i don't care for your version of eternal life.

cheers all.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LIMNES
organized religion of any kind is a psycological disorder.

????
That thought is a thought from others....do you have your own? And why would you say that? What experiences would lead you to such a juvenile thought?

OT

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Dances With Angels
8. No not anymore but the spiritual teachings of Jesus are valuable.

Yes, I agree...

John 13:34, 35 are my fav's...yours?

OT

I don't have a bible around me right now but totally the one about the kingdom of heaven being inside of you.

Also, the one where he is talking about children having easier access to the kingdom of heaven. My interpretation: never let the childlike sense of wonder leave you. Be in the world as if you are still a child.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

sorry i forgot to put that in quotation. but have you seen the evangelical preachers on sunday morning ? have you seen/noticed how the sheep behave on the floor listening to them ? do you actually believe that is normal behaviour ? have you not heard of muslim fundamentalists blowing themselves up in the name of mohamed ? do you think this is normal? are you not aware of the vatican role in the vietnam war? have you not heard BUSH and every other dictator praise god when they carpet bomb entire cities to oblivion . and you call me juvenile?

cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

3) Evidence is everywhere -

MEN blow them selves up in the name of god?

People blow up confused young girls and doctors in the name of god?

Blow themselves up? Yeah, FALSE religion, can do that to you, for sure!!!!

Also last time I checked the Lord Jesus and his (true) live the OPPOSITE to that stupidity? Correct bro?

OT

Even though the FALSE religions are all the ones except the one OT believes in, they are still religions. Correct bro?

p.s. Why does OT use the 3rd person when talking about himself?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LIMNES

LIMNES, did OT call you juvenile? I don't think so...maybe some of the ideas ...btw, i'm at dinner now...regarding you other points in the last post... I agree, sad.

OT

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join