It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
"How to Participate in a Political Party
Rule the world for God.
Give the impression that you are there to work for the party, not push an ideology.
Hide your strength.
Don't flaunt your Christianity.
Christians need to take leadership positions. Party officers control political parties and so it is very important that mature Christians have a majority of leadership positions whenever possible, God willing."
People are NOT FREE. When you are BORN into an extremely religious family, especially ones that are well off (experience from visiting with relatives and cousins) you will find that you have very little choice. It is forced on you. AND if, God forbid, you choose to go another route you are pressured in an extreme manner. When your parents come down hard on you and your relatives, there are only a very few limited choices. You either CONFORM or you run. Running means that you are now your own person but it also means you now have very little to do with your family. So when people say that 'It's YOUR choice' and 'We live in a free country' (America) they are speaking with the typical blinders on. So, this statement was NOT concise and well done. It was written, as with many 'religious' people, with some very serious blinders on.
Originally posted by FIFIGI
2. This leads to the second point - this is why believing in anything is dangerous - you are manipulated into this state of belief without investigating. For me it is simple - either I know or don't know. I have not seen the god, so I simply don't know if it exists. To believe in it seems to me like a waste of time - any whatsoever story could be presented as evidence that there is invisible thing that exists and is punishing and rewarding us.
4. Every one believes once - a child believes in everything, an elderly man does not believe in anything. The reason behind it is that critical thinking at birth is 0 and it slowly takes over the irrational part of the brain as you grow up and eventually many people just know things and do not relie on believing in anything.
Originally posted by Odessy
[1) The idea of faith or religion is man made.
Originally posted by enkira
nope. religion is not to control people.it was never meant to. but what it has done and still doing is to mess up all of us.xtians , muslims, jews, hindus they all compete to exterminate one another.Evidence?
prima facie...right in our faces...we are all brought up with the culture or millieu with specific beliefs. that is staus qou.if i was born in asia mostly probably im a buddhist if in europe most probably xtian,baptist, methodist ,protestant,if middle east most probably i'll be a muslim...and regarding to your #9 querry? i think thats the basic premise of why there is such chaos in our planet today...
Originally posted by BlesUTP
1) Do you think faith/religion is here to control the masses? ~Yes
2) Why? ~Google FEMA preachers
3) Your evidence? ~common sense
4) Did you once believe? ~unfortunately
5) Did you change? ~yes
6) Why are you an atheist? ~im not
7) Why are you an agnostic? ~because i cannot understand the concept of infinity
8) Why you are a christian? ~im not
9) What ‘SHOULD‘ God look like/act like/be like? ~the chick from weird science, or Kelly Rowland
Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Religion is perhaps more corrupt than government. It is here for mass control and nothing else.
Originally posted by CloudySkye
I'm not christian because I cannot accept that Jesus Christ was the son of God. I respect the teachings in the New Testament as well as those of the Torah and Qo'ran the Vedas and the Teachings of the Buddhas. All the religious Texts have aspects that make sense because they teach you to be a respectful, sociable, open-minded person if taken in the right light.