It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama the Media's Christ ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This topic made me laugh...humans (most out there) are like children, very impressionable. They will believe just about anything that is fed to them without questioning...and the press/government both know this...they are easily led, because they haven't awakened to the possibility that the only person that will "save" them and make the changes needed is THEMSELVES.

I realize you were asking a legit question, being you weren't from the States...but trust me...Obama is NOT the "Christ" (saviour)...

~Holly

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
To me it doesn't look like a halo, it looks like a giant golden afro!

It's all about perception

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

In reality I am not talking about Obama being Christ as in 'Son of man", "died for our sins"
I am more talking about how the media istelf is working the angle, and I am not just talking about US media,
we are not imune from the Whole Obama hysteria even here in Australia, as I said we had the inorgaration televised live, 6 hours or so, and then the highlights.
every thing so far about this man has been positive and that is unheard of in the media, you may get a couple of negative stories hidden in the middle of the paper but on the whole, it has been positive.

Now it really doesn't matter my personal opinions of the man, the question was really more about the media portraying him as something he is or isn't.

As we know a lot of people will see an image and without even batting an eyelid associate it with something else, is this the medias way of bluring the lines between religion and politics without even using the words themselves?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I for one thought it notable that he is seen speaking so often in front of these gold curtains. Since when has any president done that?? I can't recall ever seeing gold curtains used before.

You have a valid point, and it isn't just the media. There are at least two statues of Obama being portrayed as Jesus; one is him in robes with (believe it or not) a blue neon halo, and the other is a huge thing with him actually riding a donkey. Plus, Farrakhan even called him the "messiah". Then there is the tendency to squash any negative speech on the guy.

Reason to worry? Yes. Sinister or not, his even being treated in such a fashion should make people sit up and take notice. That he jokes about it, instead of asking people not to act that way, speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I still find it strange that trying to do a search on Obama / christ similarites, nearly most where Blog sites and descussion sites that are calling him the anti Christ.

"Obama as Christ" Statue Causes Commotion in Chicago!"

www.xomba.com...

Barack Obama Wax Statue in Madame Tussauds.
That was quick, they don't even have one of Bush yet they have Reagan, Blair, JFK, Martin luther king and even Nicolas Sarkozy.

He certainly is popular

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I heard a rumour that Madame Tussards actually DID make a wax figure of Dubya, except it kept melting for no particular reason even in the freezer. Rumour also says they found a pair of pointy shoes right where his 'feet' used to be, reminiscent of The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz.

Of course, that's just the rumour.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join