It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama the Media's Christ ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have been trying to keep up to date with US politics due to the fact that even the media in Australia thought it was news worthy enough to televise the inauguration on national television of Obama.

Very rarely in history do we get a leader who has captured the imagination of not only one nation but what looks like the world.

I have found that the media keep trying to show Obama as the everyday man, a man of the people, but I also get the impression that the media itself is trying to work the whole saviour angle on this man as well.

This one picture I saw today was like the icing on the cake

Now I understand that the US president does give regular speaches with the US Seal in the back ground, but I really do find it odd that the media is trying to portray this man as the saviour of all of man kind and images like the one above will look like a halo around his head,
just as one would expect in an image of Christ.

What do other people think about this topic?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
More delicious propaganda to assure is "help is here, He'll fix everything". The last thing the powers that be need is for people to get disgruntled and realize all of this is an illusion.

I think the media just enjoys putting anybody up on a pedestal and then wait for the chance to blow it up from the bottom and send him crashing down.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Is your question honest? I don't think anyone believes that, it's just a mocking title given to him by people like Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There are just as many photos with the "halo" behind George Bush. It only means something else if you choose to see it that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

My question is an Honest question.
I want to know if others feel as though Obama is being put up like the saviour

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Razimus

Well I don't think anyone believes that, the only people I can think of that might actually entertain this concept would be spiritually dead people like Oprah.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

The difference between the photos of Bush and Obama are very different indeed.
People in africa wernt cheering when bush won.
We didnt see the live telecast of Bush being sworn in

in fact we heard didn't hear much about bush at all until 9/11

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't really think he's being portrayed that way. People either like him or dislike him. Just like Bush. George claimed that God wanted him to be President if I remember correctly. I think it's just a matter of perception...people believe what that want to believe. IMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

reply to post by Razimus

Well I don't think anyone believes that, the only people I can think of that might actually entertain this concept would be spiritually dead people like Oprah.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Razimus]

I am not asking if he is the actual Christ, I am asking if he is being portrayed as the saviour for the people.

link   

Go to images.google.com and do a search on Bush Halo. It's the same thing. You're splittin' hairs

I don't see what the relevance is that "people in Africa were cheering". And face it...most American's had had enough of GWB and wanted to see something new for a change. That's how I see it.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by griffinrl]

link   

Is Obama the Christ ?

NO! But I understand why you'd think that after looking at all those goofy pictures of him in the press ... with all those FAUX HALOs around him. Comical.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The 2000 election problems were a big deal when Bush took office. Up until 9/11 Bush didn't really seem to be doing much other than taking vacations at his ranch.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The media itself has hundreds of pictures and chooses which one to use in its related articles, if you are currently in the media bad books you will have poor pictures of the person in question.
If you are the media darling you will be shown in a better light.

What Ibelieve is happening is the media itself is working the whole saviour angle on Obama.
They arn't saying it as such, but as we all know
A picture paints a thousand words, and the pictures I have seen of Obama has yet to show him in a negative light.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why do the pictures need to show him in a negative light?

Just for info(Google images search): Results 1 - 21 of about 358,000 for bush halo. (0.19 seconds)

Now I know all of the returns aren't relevant but still...I think anyone who is president will end up having these photos appear.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't want to get into trouble but that is bull shirt.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And to be non-biased here is what I came up with for Obama Halo:

Results 1 - 21 of about 364,000 for obama halo. (0.28 seconds)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
More delicious propaganda to assure is "help is here, He'll fix everything". The last thing the powers that be need is for people to get disgruntled and realize all of this is an illusion.

Every President tries to give the impression that he will "fix things", where have you been?

It's not really that amazing, or unusual folks unless this is the first presidency you have been through so far in your life. I mean really, aren't we being a bit dramatic here, or is this sour grapes?

What President came along and said he was here to "ruin things"?

I mean, some certainly did, so the heads up would have been great!

- Lee

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You either like the Pres or you don't. Everything else is just what you make it to be.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No obama is the Anti-Christ

America will soon see that he is just the same as the rest of the world leaders. And our previous leaders. He is as corrupt as any.

Just look at this he says no person who was a lobbyist(sp) can be nominated/ hold a postion, look at his under secdef he use to work for reytheon. so see he is as big a liar as the rest but he does it with a smile.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Short-term memory loss?

It's old news guys.
Bush isn't Christ anymore than Obama is.

You should look to the photographers for blame. They are the ones setting this sort of thing up.

Unless you think Bush was trying to say he was Christ too in which case your not really worth trying to explain this to. He has MANY "halo" pics out there.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join