It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial about Pandemic Flu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just saw a state of Connecticut issued commercial about Pandemic Flu...

I can't find it on YouTube or anything. Has anyone else seen Pandemic Flu commercials recently? It strikes me really weird, because the flu rumors have been rampant for awhile and this is the first I've seen it being addressed in the local government's funding plans (commercials, etc).

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sounds like an immunization scare tactic driven by pharmaceutical companies. I haven't seen the commercial but wouldn't pop any pills or get any shots without evidence of this bug existing.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

It's actually a message from the governor, she's featured talking about it, and that's kind of the whole commercial. It seems like it's a message from the CT Dept of Health.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We have the commercials here in hawaii. LIngle does them also.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't want to be "flamed" here.. just thought that I would post the answer to your question. The "flu" in question is the H5N1 Avian (Bird) Flu that they are talking about. The virus, up to this point, hasn't really made the jump to humans... and it might not. Therefore, we don't have a vaccine for it.

CDC Link

The concern is that this type of flu is very similar to the flu that caused the flu pandemic of 1918.

Flu Pandemic of 1918

I have seen some pandemic emergency response plans... they have some extreme measures that include sending everyone over the age of 40 home to die. This would occur if the flu infected the estimated 20 million individuals that some studies claim. The hospital system would be overwhelmed, and it susposedly was determined that individuals aged 40 and older would have a far smaller chance of surviving the influenza than those younger. Consequently, they would not recieive the limited ventilators and medications that could be used to save younger people.

Gives you something to think about .... I hope that H5N1 never mutates. It would be a disaster.

new topics

top topics

join